what about north america ?

• You saying it like "f*ck Europe players" instead of making a post cooling people off, telling them some information , thats the issue here.

bro relax I live in the NA region my ping wasn't that bad at all when the server was in EU. Anyways most of the NA player or Vet player don't really care because when we played the original game in 2010/2012 we all had ping issues because the server was in korea TW HK

• You saying it like "f*ck Europe players" instead of making a post cooling people off, telling them some information , thats the issue here.

What do you expect?Since they didnt even made a thread about it,they didnt discuss it,it came like a wrecking ball...

Its for the best of the server,i agree,as the majority of the income,comes from NA/Asia should be there from the start(sustainability and stability )

But since you got that in mind, Make It Known to the COMMUNITY before you do it?

• Well I am from Europe and it wasn't big deal really.

In Korin Plat with shit tons of people, I only feel a bit slowdowns, still it is playable.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• So us the players from Europe have to die from lag and not play?

Sorry but the server is for everyone to play. That's being a little over dramatic and is not true.

You saying it like "f*ck Europe players" instead of making a post cooling people off, telling them some information , thats the issue here.

You are misinterpreting the point EsDeath is trying to make. I'll kindly give you a further explanation as to why the server was changed to North America and how this decision came about:

• Server Statistics, indicate that most of Dragon Ball Online Global's player base reside America. This indeed was a deciding factor, but not the only one, as to why the server should be hosted in North America.
    • North America, is one one of the most central locations for all players around the world to have the best and optimal ping so that it is fair for all members of the community. Europe was proven to be an insufficient for the rest of the world. Yes, it did benefit European players to play on a server that was located in Europe, but other members of the community it did not.
    • When deciding a location, players from Europe were also considered. Most players from Europe only had a ping increase of 60ms - 80ms at the most (depending on where you live in Europe), which was a small increase that is barley noticeable. This is a minor difference in terms of performance, especially in a MMO game such as Dragon Ball Online.
    • Dragon Ball Online, the official retail servers were originally located in Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The community back then accepted this, and were able to still play and compete with the local/native players in both PVE and PVP. There were players from North America, Europe, and even Oceania, who were still able to compete with the native players and lag was not that noticeable or made that much of a great impact.
    • Making two servers (one for North America and one for Europe) is not a viable option. There are times for the day where both servers will have inactive moments (appear dead), and it would just divide/split the community apart. It would also require a lot of effort to run which would also complicate matters.

In the end, it was decided for the server to be hosted in North America as a region, with the goal in mind to be fair for all players.

• Sorry but the server is for everyone to play. That's being a little over dramatic and is not true.

You are misinterpreting the point EsDeath is trying to make. I'll kindly give you a further explanation as to why the server was changed to North America and how this decision came about:

• Server Statistics, indicate that most of Dragon Ball Online Global's player base reside America. This indeed was a deciding factor, but not the only one, as to why the server should be hosted in North America.
    • North America, is one one of the most central locations for all players around the world to have the best and optimal ping so that it is fair for all members of the community. Europe was proven to be an insufficient for the rest of the world. Yes, it did benefit European players to play on a server that was located in Europe, but other members of the community it did not.
    • When deciding a location, players from Europe were also considered. Most players from Europe only had a ping increase of 60ms - 80ms at the most (depending on where you live in Europe), which was a small increase that is barley noticeable. This is a minor difference in terms of performance, especially in a MMO game such as Dragon Ball Online.
    • Dragon Ball Online, the official retail servers were originally located in Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The community back then accepted this, and were able to still play and compete with the local/native players in both PVE and PVP. There were players from North America, Europe, and even Oceania, who were still able to compete with the native players and lag was not that noticeable or made that much of a great impact.
    • Making two servers (one for North America and one for Europe) is not a viable option. There are times for the day where both servers will have inactive moments (appear dead), and it would just divide/split the community apart. It would also require a lot of effort to run which would also complicate matters.

In the end, it was decided for the server to be hosted in North America as a region, with the goal in mind to be fair for all players.

Thank you :) , but my intention was not to be dramatic , just to point out that Esdeath responses were not optimal. She could've given some information instead of making it sound like some people matter and some don't.

• Sorry but the server is for everyone to play. That's being a little over dramatic and is not true.

North america is really the best spot for all players to connect and that is true. I don't know why are people complaining about a server move while they don't know how laggy TW used to be on times.

Here is a video with how much lag taiwan servers used to have for those who lived away from it

. Notice how long stuns take to charge in...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!