<CLASSES> How do you think we should balance classes?!

• Dark Warrior changes ideas:

Dunno, never played - never will

SK change ideas:

They are good as they are.

Grand chef change idea:

I'd like to propose the old Spirit Drain but instead of 30 sec duration, maybe 20 sec. (Grand Chef used to be rly good until Spirit Drain got nerfed) #spiritdraincanberesisteddonotforgetthatjustlikekarmashesitation

Ultimate majin:

Top Tier, nothing to change.

Karma Majin:

Plasma Majin:

Maybe increase the Drum Damage Skill dmg by a few %, otherwise good

Poko Priest:

Dende Priest:

Fighter:

They good as they are, maybe decrease cooldown of dodge pot a bit?

Swordsmasters :

a good SM can wipe anyone.

Turtle Hermits :

male and turtle should share same book effect

Crane Hermits :

I gotta say crane is a very good class if you know combos and you got the right gear and stuff, personally can stay as it is.

• Please do not suggest things if you don't really play the class. I mean Anti-Burn Accessory? Why not just delete the class itself?

Yes indeed, it is really cool to have full burn duration on someone.

You feel like you have "skills", huh?

I will repeat myself, if every other skills and dot's have decrease accessory, this should have too.

We can stop talking about balance, unless this is added.

Plus as DW Demon Wave gets skill fixed, he will join Burn DOT club too.

When that happens, you will love to have anti burn accessory, cuz DW is hard to kill.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• If Burn was a thing back in the old DBOG days, then how come I've never seen a crane top anything?

It's already enough that 90% of the dots can be completely nullified, like literally removed out of existence. Let's say there will be Idk 26% anti burn rings, you'd go 58% anti bleeding, 26% anti para 24% anti bleed earring, 26% anti para 24% anti bleed earring,

and 2x 26% Anti Burn Ring

That's 106% Anti Bleeding + 52% anti para + 52% anti burn.

52% anti burn on a 1 min CD burn are 31,2 seconds duration

31,2 seconds / 2 = 15,6 seconds

15,6 * 700 = 10.920 burn damage in total IF you don't have LP %. Now let's say you have 60% LP% like someone who has a lot of LP should have.

10.920 * 0.60 = 6.552

10.920 - 6.552 = 4.368 damage in total

It'd take an eternity for a crane to kill someone, especially if he has autopot (because that's what will happen later on. Everyone will have autopot).

If I'd play crane at that point, all I'd do is freeze and sleep and KD and win by time and more LP.

• Nop, I disagree again.

For crane to kill anyone, it takes 20 sec, maybe a bit more.

Already tested, 2 solid bleeds (without any dmg from skills, only dots) and 1 k slash, 18k dmg.

If there are 3 solid bleed's, that can't be decreased and last for long, dmg goes way more, 25k.

Plus with crane skills, making distance is child play's.

You can disable moving to everyone, or freeze, paral, sleep, confuse.

Sorry mate, anti burn accessory needs to be added.

PS: 1 solid bleed is all it takes to kill anyone under 10k HP.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

Edited once, last by Iceman ().

• 2 Solid Burns without Crits and any other dot are like 13k (non-crit), however to apply those without dying first is hard. (Fighter, SM, Karma, Plasma can easily kill crane if they use movement speed shoes and if they are good players). Crane has no instant stuns anymore (Lost in Time got removed for a reason)

1k Slash has a solid cooldown as well. And for Burns to do good damage you need RP Balls, which are quite hard to get in ranked.

• You guys are all over the place with this thread and are trying to make unnecessary changes to classes, the only classes that need major buffs in 1v1 are DW, Plasma, and GC and most can all agree on that. The only class I see we can also agree on that needs a nerf is Karma.

Hell no, ya'll never seen lvl 60 era when anticrit was 100% and fights never ended.

By the way these plasma ideas are just ridiculous, do you even realise that they dominate 5v5 ??? give them so much power and it's gonna be stupid. if you wanna buff them for 1v1 then just teach people how to 1v1. people wanna 5vs5 because they are better in here, just like dende, it's seriously ridiculous.

You see that burn defense buff huh? ;)

The thing also im seeing here is you guys, even the old players, still dont get it do you? That most players naturally pick humans, just because you dont see a bunch of OP Ultis or Pokos doesnt mean the class isnt good, its just no one really wants to be a fat majin or be a girl character or be a short namekian. This kinda thread needs to wait until open beta not because not everything is fixed but because we need actual good players to talk balance not a bunch of forum famous kids tryna play pro.

• 2 Solid Burns without Crits and any other dot are like 13k (non-crit), however to apply those without dying first is hard. (Fighter, SM, Karma, Plasma can easily kill crane if they use movement speed shoes and if they are good players). Crane has no instant stuns anymore (Lost in Time got removed for a reason)

1k Slash has a solid cooldown as well. And for Burns to do good damage you need RP Balls, which are quite hard to get in ranked.

Fighter and SM can kill every class easy, if we will talk about it.

They even kill anti critic SK's, in 20 sec (sometime dash + needle so it be less), cuz of lucky shots.

You can't compare balance based on those 2 but still, crane just need slow down in play, vs those.

Heck, even I with SK can't even buff myself in ranked and I am already stunned if we will talk about it.

Ofc there is poison paral in play and freeze to give time. Plus you do know that crane have energy skills beside dot's?

If you think they are for joke, go ask Sendoku to show you, killing +15 without single dot.

PS: Plasma is KD spammer, and just use anti confuse vs it.

One more, you do know that well geared crane have high resistance and some what dodge?

Plus with right counter gear, crane can take any other class.

Only reason why they weren't in top, mostly because of players who didn't know or want to play them.

Most of people want stun and massive dmg skill to end fight.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Iceman ().

• ofc poison and paral can be used to give time, but good SMs will use anti para & anti bleed and evoila = the only useful stun and 90% of the dots gone.

Also if you get to do some energy damage using +15, you'll also have to consider the opponent being full +15 as well (the dmg diff aint that big tbh).

Slow does not work well against movement speed players, your only hope is to resist the quick attack and if you don't you are mostly RIP, freeze might give you time, but it won't give you RP or any advantage, because it blocks your character too.

Sendoku also told me that he'd have the hardest time of his life against a pro SM.

• ofc poison and paral can be used to give time, but good SMs will use anti para & anti bleed and evoila = the only useful stun and 90% of the dots gone.

Also if you get to do some energy damage using +15, you'll also have to consider the opponent being full +15 as well (the dmg diff aint that big tbh).

Slow does not work well against movement speed players, your only hope is to resist the quick attack and if you don't you are mostly RIP, freeze might give you time, but it won't give you RP or any advantage, because it blocks your character too.

Sendoku also told me that he'd have the hardest time of his life against a pro SM.

Yeah, well if we will check SK's play (anti paral, anti fear), what we have left, 3 sec long stun?

Or if cranes use anti bleed, deal dmg, no dot and crane heals it, like you done nothing xD.

Every class problems in PVP, and trust me I saw cranes vs fighters and SM they are doing fine.

Mostly, they do get slowed enough to be put in sleep (if you have good ping) and only reason why SM is problem because they are long range killers.

Still I support idea of bringing back Lost in time crane stun, if anti burn accessory is added.

It was lame idea to remove it since cranes needs that.

This way cranes will have better chance vs every class but hard time to kill them due right accessory.

PS: Newbies will complain about cranes, until they gear up vs crane.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• The ENG boost has the exact opposite effect you're hoping for. Not only do Martial Artists get less ENG since they naturally have far less ENG than Spiritualists, but the EP you regenerate doesn't even apply during combat. So now you're regenerating tons more when not in combat, but have MUCH less EP to actually fight with. And I'm sure we can agree SSJ is for combat first. In fact, once you have plenty of ENG, that 50% ENG boost means you'll recover EP faster as a Super Saiyan than in your normal form despite the EP drain, removing the drawback entirely.

Also, if that 30% offense thing went through, Kaioken would literally be in every single way worse. Y'know, the skill that requires SP. You'd never see a competent human use Kaioken ever again.

====================================

Anyway, let's go with the changes on transformations first. I'll do individual skills later! :dpeace: I believe all transformation should be buffed a little bit. Since there's only effects added on, I'll keep it shortened so I have more space to explain my choices.

----Super Saiyan(Human race)
    -20% skill animation speed increase
    -Ability to ride vehicles and use Dragonbuffs.

With skills being performed 20% faster, Super Saiyans will feel alot more powerful without actually becoming alot more OP. You'll need to think quick on your feet on what skills to use now since you can execute more skills in a short time, but the cooldown is still the same. It'll encourage builds that aren't 1-trick ponies, only using 1 or 2 skills to spam. The dragonbuff and vehicle compatibility doesn't really affect SSJ's effectiveness, but makes more sense and is convenient since the animations are there.

----Great Namek (Namekian race)
    -Reduce cooldown to 45 minutes

-Increase Curse Success Rate by 20%
    -Ability to use Dragonbuffs.

The developers surely had a reason to give GN a time limit. Probably to prevent you from being basically unkillable forever, but who knows. Either way I don't think it's a good idea to make it drain EP too or last longer. Still, considering how SSJ/Pure Majin/Kaioken can be kept up indefinitely with good EP management, at least a lower cooldown seems fair. Also, a reason Namekians don't use this form is because it becomes harder to get enough aggro. Increasing their success rate should make this a little easier. They should be able to use Dragonbuffs just fine, their character model is the same even if the Dragon effect might not scale correctly.

----Pure Majin (Majin race)
    -Let them use the dash ability

I don't think there's a single Majin in all of DBO who wouldn't want this. It's useful, convenient, the animation's there, it's not too OP since it drains EP, etc. I'd suggest to let them to use buffs too, but the animations don't exist. Still, the form does it's job effectively as it is. It just feels like a pain to use without the dash, that's all.

----Kaioken(Every Race)
    -Ability to ride vehicles.

-Stacks infinitely like in retail
    -Every extra stack gives 10 extra e.critrate and 10 extra p.critrate.
    -Kaioken can drain you down to 0LP, killing the player if they don't manually turn it off.

Kaioken was always an all-or-nothing risk skill, so let's actually make it that. If it gave 10 critrate per extra stack, this should benefit everyone without becoming overpowered. A Martial Artist with 50 critrate would need to go Kaiokenx6 to max it to 100. A Dende with 15 critrate would even need to go Kaiokenx10 to reach that level, but it'd be alot more exciting for them to actually deal damage and ACTUALLY have a need to heal in solo play. The LP/EP drain at these levels is so high that it should successfully counterbalance things, while still being an incredibly fun skill to use. Hell, leveling a healer like this would actually be fun. Letting Kaioken actually kill you with it's drain would bring out the risky part even more, making it far less casual-use friendly.

Also, this wouldn't cause trouble in PvP. Stacking a Kaioken to x6 or higher just for max critrate in PvP takes far too long, and the skill's long cooldown prevents spam. Turtles or Cranes could put you to sleep to try and force a critical hit, but they'd give up their debuff/RP charge time just to get to Kaiokenx8, and if they slip up, they'll be in a troublesome position. Though honestly, if a smart turtle or crane puts you to sleep, they've already won even without Kaioken.

==========================

• I know I'm going to be hated for this buuuuuuuuut...

------Class Name: Shadow Knight

----Skill or Passive name: Bold Strike

--Current skill effect: Does 344% Energy Damage and 279% Bleed Damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, 35m range, and 10 second CD (at max SP)

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: One of the primary reasons this skill is so broken is because its bleed damage is calculated as a % instead of a base number like every other DOT in the game. It's capable of overpowering most players who aren't able to build up enough energy defense to lower its damage, especially coupled with its 10 second CD. In addition, it makes taking mobs down easy unless they're super and higher making leveling a Shadow Knight too easy. As such, what I would like to see is having the bleed damage reworked to a base number to go with every other DOT in the game. People are going to go "but that makes Shadow Knights unplayable" and some other excuse, but those people tend to forget that Shadow Knights have loads of other, powerful tools at their disposal so reworking Bold Strike isn't going to hamper them much by both a PvE and PvP aspect. In compensation for being reworked into a base number, you could increase that value to something much higher so it isn't incredibly weak.

• ------Class Name: Shadow Knight

----Skill or Passive name: Bold Strike

--Current skill effect: Does 344% Energy Damage and 279% Bleed Damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds, 35m range, and 10 second CD (at max SP)

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill:less damage on bleed

sk should do a lot less dmg is a tank not a dps

• You basically just copy and pasted my post with a much less descriptive explanation.

• Please do not spread lies just to prove your point, 1 RP solid bleed (700 dmg) with 1k slash deals 6500 dmgs, not 10k.

Cranes are balanced.

• You don't even know there's a Burn defense stat on armor and yet, you want to talk balance?

It does exist and there is for bleed and any other too, and you would waste con or dex or any good stats just for that?

Please....

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!