<CLASSES> How do you think we should balance classes?!

• Hello everyone,

I've seen many threads talking about balance and we want to make a few additional adjustments to some classes in the near future and make it more useful and playable, we wanna hear out all your suggestions on how we can improve some classes and make it useful in both PVP and PVE.

Please make sure to follow this template

------Class Name:

----Skill or Passive name:

--Current skill effect:

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill:

------Item/Stat Name:

--Current item effect/value:

--How you wanna change that item effect or value:

Rules:

• Flaming or any hateful comment toward other users is not allowed (3 days ban)
    • Be friendly and don't make fun of other's suggestions just because you don't like them or what they suggest.
    • Don't go off-topic
    • Please only post suggestions and ideas in English and do not post in other languages
    • This is a thread talking about balance of the current classes/races in Dragon Ball Online. Any posts that are suggesting to implement additional content such as transformations (ssj 2, ssj 3) and races/classes will be considered off topic and deleted.
    • Normal forum rules still apply. Please remain civil when posting.

• Fix dark warrior dragon's punishment (life drain), give them aggro buff of SKs, turn sharp slice into energy, give them CON passive of SK.

Karma majin : remove RP ability - cooldown of hesitation, spell lock spam without cooldown reduction is just.....

grand chef : give them resistance rate passive of ultimate majin but only lvl 1 for 100%.

• ------Class Name: Turtle Hermit

----Skill or Passive name: Physical Defense Boost/Spiritual Defense Boost

--Current skill effect: Raises corresponding defense by 524, but lowers the opposite defense by 1048 (this is when at 3 SP)

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: I believe the skills need their values matched. For example, instead of increasing physical defense by 1048 and lowering your energy defense by 1048 the values should match so that your physical defense increase and energy defense decrease is increased by 1048. The skills are already balanced out by its one minute duration and inability to stack with each other so swapping the values gained/lost will help Turtle Hermits with their defense issue in a pinch.

On a side note, can I make balance suggestions for the wish transformations here or are those off limits?

• ------Class Name: Fighter/Swordsman

----Skill or Passive name: Quick Attack

--Current skill effect: Stun

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: I think that even if you slowed, or somehow else debuffed, but the range is enought for skill to work, you should be able to stun your target, because now once you get speed decrease but you are close to target, you can spam this skill but it's useless af, while other classes have working stuns from far far away and they can't be slowed or etc.

• Can we please get the game to how it was in Retail before making any balance changes? Many things dont even work like they should in retail, and it would be unfair to nerf classes that aren't even 100% potential yet that don't even need to be adjusted like SK Poko,Chef Curses, Ep/LP drains.

And taking suggestions from random ppl is not really that good, cause that guy could be complaining about SK when he is a human with sub 2k E def and craft gears and 0 Crit rate weapons... zzzzzzzzzzz. SK is the most punishing class if u do not have all the gears to deal with them, but with these proper gears they pose little threat to every class.

• Can we please get the game to how it was in Retail before making any balance changes? Many things dont even work like they should in retail, and it would be unfair to nerf classes that aren't even 100% potential yet that don't even need to be adjusted like SK Poko,Chef Curses, Ep/LP drains.

And taking suggestions from random ppl is not really that good, cause that guy could be complaining about SK when he is a human with sub 2k E def and craft gears and 0 Crit rate weapons... zzzzzzzzzzz. SK is the most punishing class if u do not have all the gears to deal with them, but with these proper gears they pose little threat to every class.

Hi,

as already written in the thread, "In near future". This does not mean that we are planing any balances until everything is working fine.

But we'd like to start early with gathering as many informations as possible.

regards

• And taking suggestions from random ppl is not really that good, cause that guy could be complaining about SK when he is a human with sub 2k E def and craft gears and 0 Crit rate weapons... zzzzzzzzzzz. SK is the most punishing class if u do not have all the gears to deal with them, but with these proper gears they pose little threat to every class.

If we don't take suggestions from community from who shoud we take suggestions then? I believe everyone has the right to say their point of view, they say 1000 head is better than 1i'm pretty sure some people have magnificent ideas, keep it on guys! All your suggestion are welcome.

• If we don't take suggestions from community from who shoud we take suggestions then? I believe everyone has the right to say their point of view, they say 1000 head is better than 1i'm pretty sure some people have magnificent ideas, keep it on guys! All your suggestion are welcome.

esdeath is 100% correct in this matter. just remember the dbog team will read the suggestions and get rid of the ones we deem to be not a good ideas. and we also will get rid of post that are off topic or flaming. so please be respectful.

• ------Class Name:Crane Hermit

------Item/Stat Name:Gloves,Fan

--How you wanna change that item effect or value:increase damage dots effects depending on the enhancement

exemple:Mystical Crane Typhoon increased by Fan (all skills use Fan)

Dodon Ray increased by Gloves (all skills use gloves)

• ------Class Name: Dende Priest

----Skill or Passive name: Kami's Energy

--Current skill effect: Increase Energy Attack by 86 and Energy Crit Dmg by 20%

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill:Change it to self 20% Speed Buff that doesn't stack with karma's GoGo Mask

----Skill or Passive name: Energy Passive

--Current skill effect: 41 Energy

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: Change it to Con or Phy def

• ------Class Name: Spiritualist

----Skill or Passive name: Weaken Defense

--Current skill effect: Decreases Physical and Energy Defense by 532 for 20 minutes

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: Reduce the duration of this debuff to 4 minutes. Twenty minutes is way too long for any kind of debuff.

• If we don't take suggestions from community from who shoud we take suggestions then? I believe everyone has the right to say their point of view, they say 1000 head is better than 1i'm pretty sure some people have magnificent ideas, keep it on guys! All your suggestion are welcome.

People like Skedar,Scrancher,Nady,Jocer,Simmy,Nekromanta,Tempest,Leinad, IoIaus ,Kakarot ,sSMETESs,Tung,Marlboro, Kwinskk, Divine, Blazzingbarrager, Adrian,Sendoku,Tummi,Iceman are legit ppl and players from HK,TW,KR and DBOCOM forums. Obv some of these players are waiting for OB, or play POB from time to time, so getting their opinions is maybe not as simple but still.

Obviously these peoples opinions aren't more important than everyone else, but they are credible and have a bit more leverage, but that is just my opinion, and I mean no disrespect to anyone. In DOTA2 Icefrog communicates with the best players over discord/skype when doing balance patches, but sometimes things posted on reddit do get put in the game. And again i mean no disrespect just my opinion.

• Box-head(boxbox) about cranes, if you will buff ranges, then reduce DOT's dmg and 1k slash.

SK do not need any changes, it is over nerfed, already. Bold have opening thx to animation and nerf anti critics on SK, you kidding me...

With tons of accessory out there, most fk-ed up class out there is SK who can only take a punch, nothing more.

Who ever touch SK to nerf it in every way, is human fan boy who wants to remove SK as character.

Anyway my suggestions:

Every class out there, is fine as it is, just 2 skills that needs to be changed or removed of "broken" classes.

Defense working, fix defense rate and success/resistance rates same as dodge/hit rate, it isn't easy but it will be fixed, it going on right way.

------Class Name:

Crane

Thousand Slash

--Current skill effect:

Burst DOT dmg

Limit it only for PVE and disabled in PVP.

Like it isn't enough that burns bypass accessory and everything, with shit tons of stalling, slowdowns and dots, now this that without critic deal shit tons of dmg...

PS: If burn decrease accessory is added, it can be used in PVP.

------Class Name:

Karma Majin

Hesitation

--Current skill effect:

Prevent target from using skills

2 options for this:

1. Make it lock all main attack skills, while stuns, debuffs, buffs are open to use.

2. Increase CD of this skill to 4-5 min.

------Item/Stat Name:

Burn accessory

--Current item effect/value:

"Decrease duration of burn dot's"

--How you wanna change that item effect or value:

Most of bosses, and classes, use skills that sets BURN DOT's.

Game should be more challenging than it is now and since DOT's bypass def, this should be added.

Most of Cranes will complain about this, but it isn't fair to any other class that class that with right gear can resist any skills and debuffs, and disable most of skills of enemies with just gear, plus stalling skills and more.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• ------Class Name: Martial Artist

----Skill or Passive name: Kidney Shot, Quick Attack

--Current skill effect:
    Kidney Shot: deals damage from melee range and stuns.

Quick Attack: Closes the gap on targets from 25m, deals damage, and stuns.

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: Make the stun effect a percentage chance, not an absolute. Starting at 10% for Quick Attack and 15% for Kidney Shot. Make this chance scale with the level of the skill by 10-15% per skill level, capping at 65% max. At least as far as PvP is concerned. If not possible, reduce the duration of the stun, or make it based off of hit rate vs. dodge rate as a second check.

• The attack can be dodged/resisted you know :/

• well I have my bias about anti burn. my fair shake about it would be to only allow max 20% duration decrease of anti burn, and not have any other effect on the accessory. that may calm the ultimate majin and crane community down (they wont like it at all but it would be a fair compromise)

yea I agree I went alittle extreme on the ideas I came up with the ideas going off of the complains of the average players in the forum.

I tried to go away from the Taiwan formula a lot on that rant just to see what people would say about it.

I wanted to make some useless skills more useful for cranes. while nerfing the common complaints skills like bold strike and hesitation.

bold strike for the average player not the vets of Taiwan is hard to deal with, that's why I suggested the cast time or 0.4 sec I did revise it a bit since you have read it just so the cast time would be at lower levels of bold strike when maxed its like it is right now.

My true suggestion is below

if we want to keep it near Taiwan formula

just nerf hesitation either the way I described in my large rant or the way you described Iceman is fair also.

***stop earrings from getting brown or silver boxed.**** <- this is truly the only 1 I want!!!!!!!

keep thousand slashes as is right now don't restore it to Taiwan levels.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!