<CLASSES> How do you think we should balance classes?!

• I guess I'm gonna say the same thing more than once.

Well, This isn't the DBOG's staff view on this subject, only mine:

Both Classes rely HEAVILY on Cooldown Reduction. This is Horrendous when it comes to PvP, it actually makes them almost unplayable 1v1.

Now that props work as 0.5%s, the Props on those classes no longer help at all. To make both classes a bit better, you need much higher hitrate/successrate.

Poko has around 900-1000 Hitrate; Dendes have 1000-1200. that's horrible for classes that can't depend on 1 thing to kill their opponents.

Both classes have to constantly be aware of their def, buffs, reflect, success, and every other stat that might matter to them (which consist almost every stat).

You might say "But Dendes/Pokos can get Cooldown accessories to help them deal damage and stay alive"... Not when you cant do much other than have low cooldown. Ultimates are almost un-hit-able with their Resist Buff on. Fighters can't be touched when they have decent DEX (Shoes are enough to deny them).

To balance a game, you need all classes to function in every part of the game.

Poko and Dende are completely dead once you shut down their Paralysis, which is ridiculous considering every other class has more to offer.

As I suggested above in my post about buffing the two classes. The Staff Slash buff isn't broken AT ALL since it's point blank range and is physical in dmg (you cant just spam it and still get decent damage). It also brings more diversity to Dende/Poko builds.

You want both dragon clan classes to be able to compete against all classes. Of course, Crits will continue being the downfall of both classes, but they should be fully set to locking down at least one person.

Giving them something other than a Paralysis that can be completely denied to kill them as a class.

I have more to say but I'll leave only this for now until another time... since I can use this computer anymore :/

• ah lol i was assuming that those classes was like retail.then u right they deserve a buff too.i think for balance the game halw of work will be maked by down stats of % items.anyway all claass should be compete to others.now they cant.even with accesoryes balance doesnt exist.anyway i agree with you :) look pizzapie video for A VERY GOOD BALANCE and tell me what you think about it

• If this game really wants to get balanced it will take a lot more than a thread with random suggestions thrown at it. This whole PvP meta needs to be scrapped because right now every class needs a couple broken things about them or they fail and that's a stupid game.

For example one shots, DoTs on tanks, full lp with one heal, OP attack speed, etc need to be thrown out and the team needs to start from scratch.

• If this game really wants to get balanced it will take a lot more than a thread with random suggestions thrown at it. This whole PvP meta needs to be scrapped because right now every class needs a couple broken things about them or they fail and that's a stupid game.

For example one shots, DoTs on tanks, full lp with one heal, OP attack speed, etc need to be thrown out and the team needs to start from scratch.

I am sorry to say this to you but you need to find different game then mate.

You maybe don't want to play DBO, or maybe you are here by mistake...

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• IGN: IcemanBos

Class: Shadow Knight

Guild: Pride Warriors

u scared of sk bein nerfed?seriously always when someone say nerf sk you pop up.all say atm balance isnt good and to nerf sk and seems someone like the idea of back to origins when sk was a TANK not a DPS...

SK was always same mate from start of DBO.

SK is offense tanker, means, it deals good dmg too.

I am not scared of anything, I am here to play DBO, as I played before, not to play something new you suggesting.

Cheers.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• I will use this sentence to indicate this is my opinion rather than the DBOG team from now and on:

Disclaimer; Personal Opinion

When it comes to balancing this game, this game is FAR from balanced. Every class needs a buffing somewhere and nerfing in some other places. Some classes have more things to deal with other classes; some classes (like Karma) are built to deny over half the roster EASILY; some classes are basically built so that their counterpart stands no chance to them (Ultimates >>> Chefs and SK >>> DW).

To balance this game, you need much work over a long period of time. This way, changes will be something players adapt to, and will change constantly to make the game more NEW and cool to play.

When it comes to SK balancing, ATM they are obviously WAY favored and extremely easy to play. Their playstyle can be denied but for a lot of classes, that would take so much things that the class's playstyle becomes almost non-existing (To wear all para/fear/bleed reduction makes people like fighters lose dodge rate from Earrings, makes Dendes unable to play with cooldown like they could otherwise, etc)

Balancing SK would require a "rework" rather than just a "Nerf"... Nerfing SK is redundant and is a silly topic, since nerfing anything "good" with them lowers their ability tremendously.

Summary:

Game is Far from being balanced... I'd rate it a MAX 5/10, or lower.

SK need a bit of a rework rather than a nerf.

• Very well said Badass. I think another good idea is when it's open beta and we have level caps (not even sure it's 100% we will but we should) we shouldn't progress to the next level cap until everything is well balanced near perfection. Eventually it will be 70 cap and it will be much smoother to balance than right now. Also there will be more players to help out and put their input because right now there's only a couple DWs/GCs/Pokos etc. that actually take PvP/PvE serious and we need input from people that actually play them rather then guessing from skill builds.

• Very well said Badass. I think another good idea is when it's open beta and we have level caps (not even sure it's 100% we will but we should) we shouldn't progress to the next level cap until everything is well balanced near perfection. Eventually it will be 70 cap and it will be much smoother to balance than right now. Also there will be more players to help out and put their input because right now there's only a couple DWs/GCs/Pokos etc. that actually take PvP/PvE serious and we need input from people that actually play them rather then guessing from skill builds.

From what I've been told, we'll be starting at 38 cap when Open Beta comes out.

Give this guy a cookie for explaining what balancing really means.

• Glad to see a lot of people think it like me.community want a balance dbo not sk or speed party online.ofc who main sk doesn't want a nerf who want to nerf his favourite and geared class?but trust me is needed.i play sk too and is way too strong compared to chef or plasma.hell I solo it rp1 at level 31 just with Majin buffs.tryed with chef and didn't go well.also iceman dbo wasn't broken before big patch that change all the game.after level 55 ppl start quit.i remember Koreans that invested time and effort for do cc 50 quit cuz swordsman get nerfed a lot.so don't say dbo wasn't always like this because obviously u never play when the game was balance and every class was have a specific role.but for play there was hard make account was need kssn and a lot of ppl wasn't luck enough for try it and enjoy balance dbo.

• Everybody who's screaming "entire game needs to be reworked!"....dial down on the extremism.

You know it's not possible to rework the game from scratch in a private server like this. Even if it was and Daneos magically conjured up a new system RIGHT NOW, it'd take years to actually balance and playtest said new system, all at the risk of some people still wishing the game was like retail. Let's keep things actually realistic, so we may see the Open Beta yet. If the fact this game is DBO prevents you from enjoying it, then play another game. I bitched about RNG last post, but it doesn't mean we should rework the game by removing it entirely. It just means non-RNG methods should be viable rather than nerfed because people obviously like them more.

Aiming for every class to be equally viable in PvP isn't an achievable goal either. Because I honestly doubt we can "fix everything" without taking away what makes some classes special. There's always gonna be classes that aren't as good at PvP just like in every game, but if they're more competent/fun in PvE, is that such a dealbreaker? The best we can do is keep making minor tweaks in everyone's skills until we can find something most people enjoy. ....and for the love of god, don't touch global stats affecting every class like DEX, cooldown and props because of 1 or 2 overpowered examples unless you absolutely HAVE to, or we'll be re-balancing until the end of time.

• major problems are sk bleed,karma skill look,hight critics of ma and some class that do to low damage.after that something is already fixed.im not saying to rework all but at least make overpowered class like the others and do what they are mean to do.i know I say always sk but is one of the most overpowered class at the moment(non rng) sk should be a tank and it couldn't out dps a sm.now sk do better dps than ma and crane with that bleed.is not hard tweak those skills.if you notice almost all that say sk is balanced play sk.is not a coincidence lol

• ------Class Name: Crane Hermit

----Skill or Passive name: Searing Crane

--Current skill effect: LV3 364 burn damage every 2 secs, 360% physical damage(1.5x when hit from behind) cast time 4 secs (+1 lol)

--Things you'd like to add or change in that skill: reduce cast time to 3 secs (+1) maybe and increase RP power up damage, like now is almost useless in both PVE and PVP scenarios.

• major problems are sk bleed,karma skill look,hight critics of ma and some class that do to low damage.after that something is already fixed.im not saying to rework all but at least make overpowered class like the others and do what they are mean to do.i know I say always sk but is one of the most overpowered class at the moment(non rng) sk should be a tank and it couldn't out dps a sm.now sk do better dps than ma and crane with that bleed.is not hard tweak those skills.if you notice almost all that say sk is balanced play sk.is not a coincidence lol

Badass you really think that Fighter/SM and even crane now needs to wear anti bleed?

With dex gear they dodge bold strike as nuts, yes even SM with 900 dodge, while having 1300 hit rate, dodge 2-3 times, same with cranes, still dodge and res needs to be fixed, since it is more based on luck than gear itself.

With this one done, everything will improve.

Tony, still with resistance/dex gear in play, resisting skills is soo easy.

You can see most of players wear resistance than success rate, since success rate means nothing now.

Plus fighters with 50% anti bleed neck, can survive if bold ever hits them.

If you want to play vs SK, you have option to wear anti paral/anti fear, to criple SK and when you are out of stuns,kd's and other interrupt skills, guess what, you can switch to anti bleed lel.

SM on other hand, totaly control fight vs SK, with stuns and KD..

Only because you people do not know how to play vs SK, don't have right gear, accessory, you shouldn't talk about it or balance at all.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Don't take it personal but you don't know dbo very well,atleast not retail.we talk because we know how was kr.that assuming we played in kr when Taiwan realise wasn't even in plan.we know how to play and probably you was use use tutorials when you start play.veteterans from kr like pizzapie make dbo easy to understand to foreigners like us.at the start skill was count and a skilled player with 0 gear was can win against a +10,after the big patch skills start mean nothing and was only about money and who can cash more.oh and tbh the game was a lot harder pve wise and speed wasn't exist.ppl start complaining of balance after the big patch (when tw start).you guys play only the patch that make dbo fall,not the patch that was make it shine.for example you was know that armour and gloves was different from spirit and melee class?that item that shenron was give was one of the best items to get?that the best in game item was obtainable from mudasa point?that tmq was give at the end if you was lucky chance to get 1 legendary peace you was choose?that was good things of the game that sadly get removed.you know that the stone wasn't with U but was all the same and you was can farm them in ud1?that the core stone was prevent break and downgrade max your item to +6 if upgrade broken?this is why 'll was stay at 9 or 10 because was try with pure max 1 or 2 time.that time dbo was balanced,after that developers start fix and make things worst.a lot of Korean stop play because they charge armour from cc 50 that was godlike to a normal armour that all was can obtain just with do floor 35

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!