<Budokai> World Martial Art Tournament schedules and suggestions

• Hello everyone,

The time has finally come to release the tournament and it's going to be really tough to make good schedules for everybody from all over the world, the tournament will be available every weekend (Thats the day where most of players are off-work/school..) We will start the test with "Adult Solo" you should also expect some major/minor bugs we will do our best to solve it as fast as we can.

We'd like to hear your suggestions about tournament schedules or anything related to tournament we are all ears but as for now we're going to host the tournament this Saturday 6:00pm (GMT +1) Germany-Berlin time (Only this weekend) we will change schedules according to what users suggest.

We also uploaded a video of tournament gameplay and some screenshots

gYHw26y.jpg

I4cdzQi.jpg

Special thanks to [MOD]Hardlock, Preacher, [MOD]Nanashi, Leo and ImNotARapper for helping us testing.

Rules:

• Flaming or any hateful comment toward other users is not allowed (3 days ban)
    • Be friendly and don't make fun of other's suggestions just because you don't like them or what they suggest.
    • Don't go off-topic
    • Please only post suggestions and ideas in English and do not post in other languages
    • Normal forum rules still apply. Please remain civil when posting.
  • I think holding the tournament three times a week(both for Kid AND Adult) should be good enough. If you hold it everyday, both the event and the victories there lose their impact a bit. But you also have the type of people who play this game for the PvP, and to them this is the most important reason to play at all. It should keep them around more long-term.

For times I'd want to suggest Saturday 6PM, Sunday 6PM, and Wednesday 8PM GMT+1. (A little later on Wednesday to give people a chance to return home after work.)

• Hello,

for sure we are going to have 2 tournaments per day and 2 per week.

- Day X first adult solo and then party.

- Day Y first child solo and then party.

We will not run solo and party at once, so everyone has the chance to participate in both solo & party.

Also no tournament event will start while dojo wars are in progress.

regards

• more like boring doing nothing but sitting at platform doing nothing for the rest of the week. It will for sure make the game last longer and it will be fun

That's only relevant here because in POB people can just buy +15 armor and weapons from dupers and you can obtain next to best accessories with dbs, brown box them, and buy medusa accessories from AH, then boom you have almost all the best gear possible atm for the most part. And if we have a level cap, speed% will be trash making PvE harder also slowing down the process of getting gear, besides, budokai to fill the void won't work because like others said it will ruin its reputation. Budokai needs to be once a week so not just anyone can win it and make people strive for it. Something more fitting for that would be Scramble.

• Some don't care about either solo or party and just want to do one. I'd rather it would be solo and party at the same time like every time in the past. And you chose which you want to participate in. Preferably Kid and adult the same day (twice a week) but if not still have team and solo simultaneously. More fair and less packed/lag/buggy. As for schedule, one during the week and one on the weekend for those that work weekends.

• That's only relevant here because in POB people can just buy +15 armor and weapons from dupers and you can obtain next to best accessories with dbs, brown box them, and buy medusa accessories from AH, then boom you have almost all the best gear possible atm for the most part. And if we have a level cap, speed% will be trash making PvE harder also slowing down the process of getting gear, besides, budokai to fill the void won't work because like others said it will ruin its reputation. Budokai needs to be once a week so not just anyone can win it and make people strive for it. Something more fitting for that would be Scramble.

That makes no sense because first of all, early bosses in this game aren't hard so it wouldn't matter if you had attack speed or not second you can still get mudosa gear even if there is a level cap. Lastly I'm suggesting this for POB because obviously we are still in POB and not OB.

OB is a different story I doubt when the server reset comes we won't have budokai for like some weeks dude, so relax.

• Firstly, I think the number of tournaments per week as suggested is ideal. Adult, Adult Party, Kid, and Kid Party is plenty. This keeps the tournaments fresh and means the victories mean something, while there's a wide variety of things for people to participate in and enjoy.

Secondly, I hope this is the same as Taiwan where you start the match with no buffs, and only your auto-pot enabled. This is the best way to have a 'pure' test of skill and it has always been like this. I hope it isn't changed.

Thirdly, 6PM in Berlin is 2AM in Sydney/Melbourne, 1AM in Brisbane, and midnight in pretty much ALL of eastern Asia. You are eliminating a huge number of potential participants who can't stay up for the tournament if you keep this time. I would suggest moving it at least two hours earlier, or even to 3 or 4PM on the Saturday afternoon, with the party Budokai's following the completion of the solo ones. I would suggest Kid Budokai to be held on Sunday, at the same time.

So my time table would look like this:

Saturday, 3PM GMT+1: Adult SOLO Budokai

Saturday, 5PM GMT+1: Adult PARTY Budokai

Sunday, 3PM GMT+1: Kid SOLO Budokai

Sunday, 5PM GMT+1: Kid PARTY Budokai

Alternative you could switch party and solo and have solo as the later event, as the 'prime time' Budokai.

That's just my two cents though, coming from someone in the eastern time zones.

• The Majority of the player are in American likes that why daneos move the server to america plus I doubt anyone from Australia would win because australia has shitty server, it sad but true

• I would reconsider and make solo and party budokai go on at the same time because of the amount of player signing up for budokai.

For example imagine if 1000 people sign up for solo and there only 32 slots for budokai so that 32 different instance going on at the same time with around 31 player per instances not counting the 5 people who use the dojo budokai seed which would make it 38 people per instance since would be only 26 slot available because there are 6 dojo . I don't know if there is cap for how many people can sign up but yeah it would be fair to have party and solo go on at the same time.

also kid budokai and adult on the same day would be nice

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!