<Budokai> World Martial Art Tournament schedules and suggestions

• Some don't care about either solo or party and just want to do one. I'd rather it would be solo and party at the same time like every time in the past. And you chose which you want to participate in. Preferably Kid and adult the same day (twice a week) but if not still have team and solo simultaneously. More fair and less packed/lag/buggy. As for schedule, one during the week and one on the weekend for those that work weekends.

If some players don't care about either solo or party then they can still have the choice to only enter one event. Having both events (Solo and Party) occur at separate times is more fair for all players who want to participate in both events.

The DBO G Staff based this decision on the following reasons:

• Back in retail DBO (TW, HK and KR) there were players who wanted to enter both tournaments (Solo and Party) but unfortunately had to sacrifice their position in one tournament. This was unfair, as players wanted to participate in both but couldn't do so.
    • Party budokai had an abundance of teams formed due to solo budokai occurring at the same time. This actually resulted with party budokai being "easier" than it should have been. In most cases, the idea of preliminary matches in party budokai were pretty much non-existent, with most parties who entered the tournament receiving free preliminary wins.
    • Party budokai was only popular at the start when the game was flourishing with players (when the game first opened). Overtime when the playerbase number decreased, the tournament suffered this, and this was also evident in the tournament bracket itself. Any Veteran player who played DBO TW/HK will remember that party budokai (in its worst state) had not only teams earning free prelim wins. but what also ended up was that round 1 and 2 of the tournament some teams would have to fight no opponents.

Having both tournaments occur at separate times will help encourage players to form more teams and hopefully party budokai will have more participants overall.

• there going to be a lot of mad player

The reason party and solo happen at the same time was because the amount player that could sign up was around 512 not counting budokai seed which makes it 416 people!

Therefore only having solo and party go on at separate time is only going to make the majority of the player base angry

• Lets be fair here, all those bugged +15s will have almost 100% higher chance of passing over skilled players. Before even starting tournament those weapons must be removed (like 90% of them are bugged come on, nobody cares if those 10% lose their weapons), if you're gonna play a fair budokai this is the only way.

• Lets be fair here, all those bugged +15s will have almost 100% higher chance of passing over skilled players. Before even starting tournament those weapons must be removed (like 90% of them are bugged come on, nobody cares if those 10% lose their weapons), if you're gonna play a fair budokai this is the only way.

Hello Feddy,

Remember that this is a Pre-Open Beta Server and this is just for testing. Not all have obtained their gear through BUGS, therefore we can't do anything, just wait for the Open Beta Server.

Regards.

Look at it like this: essentially, pre-open beta tournaments will be worthless. It's the open beta, after the reset, when we'll really see what's what. :D

• I think that party and solo budokai should occur at the same time.

Then it will give people to think. It will make them be like "Which one should I do hmm?" And they can prepare for it. Also I don't want the same people to be winning the tournaments. Like I don't want someone who won the solo tourney to make a team then win the party tourney. It would just be the same people plaguing the budokais and it will ruin it imo. I would want to see different players, not the same players over and over again. I know people would probably want to do both but you should risk it for one. Then the next time it's tournament day you do do the other budokai. That will reduce the chance of seeing the same people because people will go from solo to party to solo etc

• i'd like to see another level budokai. I mean in old dbo we had budokai under 30 and under 70, it will be fun to make another one in the middle to watch how classes do at level 50 maybe?

And for game time i already hate that db hunt is only saturday preventing some exits in the open world XD

• It wouldn't be special if it last forever, right?

In Taiwan they did last forever, and it was nice to acknowledge all generations of champions (from different level caps, etc). Apart from the open beta reset, which should be obvious, I would hope that they remain.

I sincerely hope this is reconsidered, if they don't prove to be permanent. They ought to be.

• In Taiwan they did last forever, and it was nice to acknowledge all generations of champions (from different level caps, etc). Apart from the open beta reset, which should be obvious, I would hope that they remain.

I sincerely hope this is reconsidered, if they don't prove to be permanent. They ought to be.

I am from Taiwan and that was bug.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Wasn't it like, after you change tittle it gets removed a few days later?

As long you hold the title, it won't get removed but soon you take any other title, it will be gone.

I really think it shouldn't last, but instead of that, we have some WMAT Board with records, on forum or somewhere if you guys want to remind yourself who and when won tournament.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I am from Taiwan and that was bug.

Yeah, so am I. I'm simply stating that's the way it was -- I know the titles were weird but it could have easily been a bug the other way around, we don't know for the same reason nothing ever got fixed that 'was' bugged -- the developers essentially didn't exist.

That's the way it was, and that's the way it should remain to be honest. If someone earns their dragons they should be able to keep them. It's something that definitely enhances the atmosphere, being able to see who has those prestigious titles.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!