Upgrade System

• I second this :saiyangoku:

• no.

if you would lower the rate of success after +4 for weapon or +6 for armour it would be more rare to have a high level on a weapon.
    If you would change the way about "broken" into a decrease in the tier of the upgrade, it would still be hard to get a lvl 10+ weapon or even clothes.

this will be a good change in the upgrading system for people who simply don't have a lot of time to play the game and still enjoy from it.

the only problem this will give is that after a periode if time there will be a weapon overflow, but there's a way to avoid this. the following examples can be implemented:

1) make a system where you need to offer a weapon of the same level with the same stats, or where you need to offer an amount of weapons of the same level to permanently upgrade your weapon .
    can be +0 (50% chance), +1 (30% chance) till +2 (20% chance).this will provide a huge item sink and will give the developers team a huge amount of time to give us new updates like new levels, which will result into new items comming up and where the circle will be repeated, so the community will never runn out of goals to complete.

2) a system where you'll need to collect item experience to be able to upgrade your weapon and clothes. the experience that you'll for killing a mob will be the same as item experience. for example
    if you normally get 700 exp for killing a lvl 70 mob, you'll get 700 item exp.
    if a quest gives you 5000 exp, you'll get 5000 itm exp.

and this will only apply to the weapons and clothes you're wearing.
    (perhaps allso give item xp to doggi balls so those effect get better but make it so you'll need a lot more exp and with a secent cap, like only +5 for dogi balls)

weapons + clothes breakdown changes

item level > tier upgrade -> no breakdown, only decrease of level item
    item level =< tier upgrade -> breakdown

weapons + clothes success rate changes

none (or chances are lowered)

weapons + clothes fail changes

item level > tier upgrade -> chance on getting a retry on the stone (will depend on tier upgrade), will consume one level
    item level =< tier upgrade -> fail

these might be the dumbest ideas ever, but i'm just trying to help out to ballance it out for the hardcore fans (as well of DB and achievements) and the sidekicks (noobs, people who play the "real life" game).
    and of course these ideas are all subject to change, so it is rather a blank thought then an actual idea.

• NO - Reset to 0

Totally agree, 100%

• I totally agree with him.

• I think the way you suggested the rates are a bit high you should definitely lower the success rate.
    As for the breaking items:

I personally do not prefer it since i have played A LOT of Mmo's where i experienced this function way too much. I have already read some of
    the comments here saying that it could lead to being a p2w game. And Yes i have to agree with that many old games i must say here are p2w and this is exactly one of the reasons ( for example Flyff and the common games at that generation ). Of course you can buy them but that would make the game a business thing instead of actually " playing " something to purely have fun and achieve things. In my opinion grinding money and buying an overpriced weapon or the material to use that the weapon does not break is no achievement at all it is just awful to do so.

Many newer games already got rid of this function. There is Blade and Soul which came out recently in Eu/Na and this game is just a hit everyone plays it and everyone enjoys it ( in the most part ) this game also took too many years to finally get released here in EU. Well anyway this game is really good and also doesnt feature breaking items. It has its own unique Weapon Enhancement System which makes it very interesting to play let alone the great combat system.

Please do not get the wrong Idea for me advertising this game i just used it to show a proper example of a succesful game not having the requested function we are discussing here.

Also no breaking weapons are most likely more " Casual Player friendly " and that way more people will be having fun in this game and thats what its all about right? I am sure you get plenty of donations for doing this great work and i also appreciate it so we dont need any further function which could lead into making this game p2w :)

So thats what i had to say i hope it helps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!