Upgrade System

• you can have equip +6/+4 100% then it's rng and luck of course
    it's better to have +0 then having a broken item which was hardly to get imo
    in addition to that there are the white stones which can be obtained.. so there is a chance to have +15.
    ..and don't spend so much money on a game :S

• u know for make cc gear and get best gear of game u need 1atleast +10?and +12 weap/gloves?for the 10000 th i dont say make upgrade easyer,i say to remove downgrade,im fine even on spending 10000 stone and stay +9 but the hell stay +9 dont go again +0,i really cant understand what u ppl find funny in that,its like play on a broken hard disk that u can lose your progress anytime...meh

• I'm pretty sure Daneos is going to keep it as it is especially since he just changed the Upgrade system rates in the Global Update Thread not long ago. Personally I think it's fine the way it is with broken being 0 instead of breaking and losing the item but anything is subject to change until open beta starts and we move into retail whenever~

• just remove downgrade and make the game happyer and less cashy for all

NO ONE and I mean NO ONE, is going to force you to pay to get better gear. The devs have been nice enough to not make it where you lose that item you spent 5 hours farming to get because of an upgrade failure.Based on the way it has been set you can get to +6 with almost no chance of failure, the higher you go the greater the magrin of failure occurs, If the item fails to upgrade you get -2 and if it breaks instead of losing it completely (like in old DBO) it now makes it a +0

• it's like talk to a wall...yeah in old dbo i buyed all my gear from site like ebay for doesnt upgrade,upgrade that downgrade sux and i really dont know what u guys find fun in it.if this dont changhe trust me will fail like original dbo,ppl doenst want to lose time/money/effort...they will play yeh cuz it's 1st server,after realize how upgrade sux they will leave
    ps:for make +15 pole a friend of mine spend 800 dollars,just saying

and my point is that if my item is +9 even if upgrade fail my item need stay +9,it's pointless that i lose something i earned,even in dokkan battle u dont lose your char,make that u need more stones its better,but if my item is +9 need stay +9 this fucking p2w upgrade system need to die one time for all

• I don't think people will leave the game just because of the Upgrade System.. If you're a true fan of DBO, you can get past silly things like the Upgrade System reducing your item to 0. I think the idea is fine, and adds a risk to doing it. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

• oh now we start to talk about true fun of dbo...dude u don't know even who i am...u know scramble?i was 2nd foreigner to win it...so pls dont say things u dont know,and if upgrade is gonna stay this way PERSONALLY i will wait for another server,i was accept that from official server cuz was the only 1 opened,but trust me if a high rate server or with different upgrade server was opened at that time i will leave official server in 1 second.i don't know why u guys are so masochist but i m not,and i come back talking on this cuz i see open beta,but since things doesnt changhed i m not even bothered download the client again ;P
    and tbh a lot of friend of mine quitting game after broking gear or realizing how frustrating is upgrade in this game,learn from aura kingdom

• oh now we start to talk about true fun of dbo...dude u don't know even who i am...u know scramble?i was 2nd foreigner to win it...so pls dont say things u dont know,and if upgrade is gonna stay this way PERSONALLY i will wait for another server,i was accept that from official server cuz was the only 1 opened,but trust me if a high rate server or with different upgrade server was opened at that time i will leave official server in 1 second.i don't know why u guys are so masochist but i m not,and i come back talking on this cuz i see open beta,but since things doesnt changhed i m not even bothered download the client again ;P
    and tbh a lot of friend of mine quitting game after broking gear or realizing how frustrating is upgrade in this game,learn from aura kingdom

dude if you don't want to take any risk then keep all of your gear +6

• i will if upgrade system doesnt changhe,i dont want to put effort on a thing i can lose during play...enjoy spend milions of zeni,have items to +12 and back to +0,endless grinding without resultats and use cash shop for buy tickets and things for be better of others :) i was one of the top player in kr dbo,when u will have my resultats(if u ever will reach it) u will understand my point ;)

• i will if upgrade system doesnt changhe,i dont want to put effort on a thing i can lose during play...enjoy spend milions of zeni,have items to +12 and back to +0,endless grinding without resultats and use cash shop for buy tickets and things for be better of others :) i was one of the top player in kr dbo,when u will have my resultats(if u ever will reach it) u will understand my point ;)

It's still better than the item breaking and normal stones were never that hard to get. Also, white stones will most likely be implemented as drops (as well as probably being in the Token Shop, too), so just farm them.

• It's still better than the item breaking and normal stones were never that hard to get. Also, white stones will most likely be implemented as drops (as well as probably being in the Token Shop, too), so just farm them
    Pure Stones in token shop 0_0 oh gosh hope you guys are right about that deciding. Are you going to be a solo player ?????? if you know what I mean.

• toxic?ahahahahahahahah
    i got my idea,we are in 2016 and this is a crappy f2p formula,i think endless grinding is boaring,but i dont bother too much anyway,xenoverse 2 soon and a server with better rate will open soon or leater.i played a lot on original relase,i already spended my time and my money on this fucking gambling system,and like me other ppl that arent even on forum yet.it's not about reasoniing it's about that downgrade is a demotivational,unuseful thing maked for make ppl buy stones with cash shop,like i say before a friend of mine spend 800 dollars for make a +15 pole
    and stones wheren't easy to drop,i botted 24h24 for have zeni and i get dropped 5-6 per month(pure U70)

• toxic?ahahahahahahahah
    i got my idea,we are in 2016 and this is a crappy f2p formula,i think endless grinding is boaring,but i dont bother too much anyway,xenoverse 2 soon and a server with better rate will open soon or leater.i played a lot on original relase,i already spended my time and my money on this fucking gambling system,and like me other ppl that arent even on forum yet.it's not about reasoniing it's about that downgrade is a demotivational,unuseful thing maked for make ppl buy stones with cash shop,like i say before a friend of mine spend 800 dollars for make a +15 pole
    and stones wheren't easy to drop,i botted 24h24 for have zeni and i get dropped 5-6 per month(pure U70)

can you atleast try the new system before you make assumption tho, and I believe you bro you were in my guild in HK i forgot the name of your fighter and Shadow Knight you made.

• NaziGoku and Viciouss but wasn't my mains ;P i play on hk for fun :) anyway is not about trying mate i already understand how it is,basically like old one...let's say you got +12 pants,you get broken and you are again to +0,this isnt right,and remember that cash shop will be here too,so casher will be always forward on non payers,that formula is used on old asians mmorpg all f2p for make ppl waste real money,i can avoid this system easly i use tikets like i was doing in HK version and it's done,but i will need cash evey mounth,think about that guys ;)

• @Viciouss

You have constantly, and clearly stated you are against this formula.

You have NOT given any constructive ideas of a better system. Debates about the upgrade system can and will help out every member in the end. What you say is valid, and I can feel the passion you have. Please provide us with a system that you feel would work :)

• @Viciouss

You have constantly, and clearly stated you are against this formula.

You have NOT given any constructive ideas of a better system. Debates about the upgrade system can and will help out every member in the end. What you say is valid, and I can feel the passion you have. Please provide us with a system that you feel would work :)

oh finally someone that can talk good :) well the system i will implement is something like that:
    upgrade is based on 3 stage until +5 1 stone needed(for +1) and 100% success,from +5 to +10 is needed 3 stone for +1 and got 50% chance of success or fail,until here is easy and all with atleast +10 will can enjoy even endgame without have to cash/endless grinding.
    for make last steps,from +10 to +15,u will need let's say 6 stones for +1 and a special stone dropped when u finish a specific dunegon/tmq (that can changhe every week so endgame player will help new players do old dunegons),chance for upgrade are low like +10 to +11 20%,+11 to +12 10%,+12 to +13 5%,+13 to +14 3% and +14 to +15 1%.if upgrade fail u just lose the stones needed but your gear stay always the same level,so ppl will be encouraged try to upgrade and will not be afraid to lose theyr hard archived gear.
    this is the complicated way,but another easy way is like was old kr upgrade,without 3 cards,and higher level was need more stones (example for upgrade from +5 to +6 u was need 6 stones),remove broken and just make success or fail if fail item stay the same if succes u get upgrade.the higher u go the more stones u need (like after +10 u need 18 stones for 1 step).tell me if you don't understand something :) english isnt my motherlenguage

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!