Against certain changes?

• I've noticed quite a few people are against certain changes and plans (notable ones being balance, upgrade system, and level cap) and act like they simply want the old DBO back. Why is that? Are some people just wishing to get back to the game where they were dominant or something, or is it simply they feel that some changes will make things too easy/hard? If you wish can you explain what change/plan you're against and your reason why. You can also explain why you're for these changes and plans. For instance...

I seriously don't get why people don't want any balancing done to classes, because it was absolutely terrible in the old DBO. Most of the time you would see Fighters, Shadow Knights, Ultimate Majins, etc. because they were the "good" classes. It was absolutely stupid and it took away from the player's choice to create whatever they want, because if they wanted to be good they would be forced to pick one of these good classes. I'm certainly glad that the devs are going to go through and balance all races and classes because I certainly don't want a repeat of that in DBOG.

• Why don't you open up a Poll while you're at it.
    -nothing intended by this, just a statement-

I don't know about some people not wanting ANY changes of Retail DBO. I do find that hard to believe.
    Just certain things to stay the same, I can apprehend. For instance, some people want the item to break. Some people do not.

I want the item to break. Struggling hard MMORPGs are a thrill, but that's my opinion.
    I find it to be easy to get +15 when my item is capable of breaking, simply because I was competent enough to obtain +15 being that as it may. Just as 100s of TWs.

But the main reason I don't understand why people do not want the item to break. Because there's an item already for it not to break.
    Why change the purpose of the white stone. I myself do not want this. I don't really want to start a debate, but this is truly my opinion.

Balancing (Class/Skills)? There's not a doubt that I'm on board with that.

Level Caps? Level 70 Caps are fine. Yet I recollect an indication that Primo (SaitoSenpai) said. "This Project is to be better than Retail DBO." It goes something like that.

Now, I'm not saying capping the levels defies this statement, but it surely would make it strange.
    I see it as back-stepping and a contradiction to their statement. Well, some may not agree with contradiction, but it's definitely unexpected.
    Also, a lot of people want their game back how it was, right before it was shut down, including me for that matter. (Matter of having the same Caps)

I don't remember other discussion of changes, so if you could bring that to the light for my remembrance, I may speak on the matter.

• My opinion is the same
    Don't change upgrade system, not broken = game lost emotion and lost interesing part of the trade
    I am agree with the balanced class.

• the only thing im not so thrilled about is a level cap, i dont want it and i will not waste time gearing up my character at level 50 knowing that level 70 is just around the corner

the people saying the upgrade system will be too easy without a break card probably havent even tried it yet, its pretty much the same, you pick the wrong card and youre back to 0 losing any progress you had made

• Yeah, I agree with the majority here, I don't see why balancing is a bad idea. There's nothing wrong with further polish so long as it doesn't destroy anything.

I get and don't get the item break thing. If they just removed the item break and that was it, I would think it would be too easy, but my guess is that they're going to replace it with something somewhat less painful, like instantly bringing it to zero or something, preventing further upgrades for a day, or something. You can make upgrading difficult without the stress of breaking stuff.

I might actually be one of the few people who likes the concept of level caps. DBOR, for those of you who don't know, is planning on starting with lvl 38 cap. I attempted to make a build for that cap, and was surprised at how difficult it was! Since you have fewer points to work with, you can't just get everything, you have to use your points sparingly, which I actually like. That's the point of level trees to begin with. I think 70 cap makes perfect sense, I honestly don't WANT to be able to buy every skill, that just seems OP to me.

That's all I got for now, pretty good thoughts so far! :thumbup: :thumbsup:

• The primary reason I'm for level caps is because it makes leveling multiple characters less time consuming. Let's say we start at lv. 38. When I get my first character to that level cap I can go ahead and level another character and get used to how it plays. Then once the next cap gets released I can level both characters and get used to the changes without having to take such a freaken long time to do so. I can also hunt DBs and such during those breaks for both characters.

• Most players that defend original DBO only played the 70 patch, which was 1 month , 2 months top. Those people have no idea that DBO changed its own gameplay mechanic at least 4 times in his life. They have never seem another upgrade system( even though DBO had already used 2 before this one) and they have no idea how it is to wait 6 months for a level cap increase and new content. Those are the same that got lucky upgrading a crap item and used one of the millions of brown boxes avaible in the taiwanese servers and made a huge op gear and think how hard it was to do it ( even though it was pure luck) and think he can do it again ( which is very unlikely).

DBO was essencially 4 different games in its life( the 4 level caps), and a huge majority here only played one of them.
    I've played all of them though, and I know exactly what parts were good and bad about its change, lemme give you guys how classes were massivelly changed to give you guys an idea.

When DBO was released, those were the strongest classes:
    1 - Dende healer/poko priests - heals were very broken and aoe spells too
    2 - Crane - they had the fastest stun, huge dots and lots of high damage aoe spells.
    3 - Dark warriror - huge amount of high dps aoe spells and very tank
    4 - Plasmas - reason above

Worst classes
    1 - Sword - only single target , very squishy. basically a useless class
    2 - Fighter - reason above, but fighters had some aoe spells ( yes , energy spells were used)
    3 - SK - only used for tank
    4 - turtle - No damage, this class had the lowest dps.

And this was just launch, DBO changed drastically as it went on. I could keep going, but it would get way too big.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!