RARE FOOTAGE OF FIGHTERS USING % RESIST

• The resist is so absurd that even a full focus crane (lets say 33 top, 33 pants 33 shoes, 2x 13 foc ring, 34 foc glove, 2x 14 foc earring and full focus on dogi) would only have a 60% chance of hitting the debuffs. The % Resist Rings are broken as fk and need to be made unstackable.

@BlazingBarrager

One ring gives 450 resist (actuel numbers from dev server testing) to fighters, aka x4 max stats necklaces.

• You're wrong, we do testings with craft gear/drop gear and we only use CCBD Weapon set because its the same as legendary drop and it only grant small amount of HP and we also test without aura, 1 prop will make match-up against shadow knights really tough meanwhile Prop is good as it is now turtles are strong and other classes besides SK can tank fighter needles the only thing that should be tweaked is swordsmen's attack property set it to 1% since they don't that huge burst like fighters anything else is fine, just live with it.

i hope so (SM BOOST)

• You're wrong, we do testings with craft gear/drop gear and we only use CCBD Weapon set because its the same as legendary drop and it only grant small amount of HP and we also test without aura, 1 prop will make match-up against shadow knights really tough meanwhile Prop is good as it is now turtles are strong and other classes besides SK can tank fighter needles the only thing that should be tweaked is swordsmen's attack property set it to 1% since they don't that huge burst like fighters anything else is fine, just live with it.

Don't take it wrong way, but most are just curious because you guy stated that we won't be able to test those endgame dungeons until open beta. And whenever it does get released, most of us won't have the gear to complete the dungeon with basic gear because all the nerfs with properties/critical formula/random nerfs and it will make it hard to do these endgame contents without using a speed party, which then leave us with classes like SM,fighter,cranes,Grand Chef, getting neglected to endgame parties. It just a lot of these update were leaning towards PVP without considering how that class will be functioning in endgame PVE content.

to OP, resistance problem is a easy fix just increase the value of success rate that you gain from focus. That way it will reward someone who stack focus against people who stack resistance %, but at the same time make it so one side doesn't get a huge advantage over another that balanced instead of crying to nerf the whole thing in general. Sendoku

So now you're saying Fighters' attacks were too STRONG instead of too weak, the exact opposite of what you claimed earlier? You sure were singing DEX's praises earlier, and that conveniently just stopped now?

Anyway, let's go with your theory then. Let's say our Fighter's wearing the usual 33 p.crit% weapons. Their crit damage would be 2.66x assuming we ignore hidden crit% from their base DEX. Now throw on 68 DEX by earrings, giving them 10 critrate. When we also count in their new crit% damage, their 7000 dmg needle should do about 21000 now.

Now let's give them 26% props instead! They now deal 8820 dmg without critting and crit less often, but if they did crit, it'd still be same as with DEX thanks to DEX's crit% damage boost. Sure, you can deal that measly boosted 8820 dmg when you're NOT critting, but you'll be dealing those massive PvP match-deciding critical blows far less often, especially when anti-crit's involved.

So in the end a Fighter looking for attack power is STILL looking for DEX. This means you're not nerfing their "huge burst damage" at all. The Fighter you're hurting here is the PvE one trying to use energy attacks and attack speed to be useful. But hey, maybe you're claiming Fighters were totally OP for end-game PvE next! Good luck finding evidence of anyone in TW BEGGING for Fighters to come beat CCBD150 with them in the place of those lousy buffers, Shadow Knights, Dendes, Pokos, Karmas, Turtles or even Cranes. Trust me, you'll only find Fighters begging others. Swordsmen didn't need the 0.5% defense nerf either.

• Don't take it wrong way, but most are just curious because you guy stated that we won't be able to test those endgame dungeons until open beta. And whenever it does get released, most of us won't have the gear to complete the dungeon with basic gear because all the nerfs with properties/critical formula/random nerfs and it will make it hard to do these endgame contents without using a speed party, which then leave us with classes like SM,fighter,cranes,Grand Chef, getting neglected to endgame parties. It just a lot of these update were leaning towards PVP without considering how that class will be functioning in endgame PVE content.

to OP, resistance problem is a easy fix just increase the value of success rate that you gain from focus. That way it will reward someone who stack focus against people who stack resistance %, but at the same time make it so one side doesn't get a huge advantage over another that balanced instead of crying to nerf the whole thing in general. Sendoku

That's a terrible idea, simply because it will buff focus and making people who do not use resist% weaker, terrible idea yup.

The only solution is to nerf these % resistance items, because they DICTACTE the balance.

Changing a stat won't solve the problem at all, it will affect everyone, while nerfing these items won't affect everyone, just people who abuses it~

Little thinking would have made you realise this. Oh, and knowledge of gaming balance, too.

• So now you're saying Fighters' attacks were too STRONG instead of too weak, the exact opposite of what you claimed earlier

No i'm saying if we put prop to 1 for fighters in the current meta they will be strong and SK will be even stronger, in the past fighter dex was too weak compared to fighter full cons and prop, now you have the option wether you go squishy and damage or you go full Cons and less damage.

Nice job ignoring my point entirely thus proving you've got nothing.

Also, I find it odd that Turtles get 0.5% defense... I mean, their whole weakness is defense. -v- It's impossible for a turtle to survive anything at all, in retail they got one shot, and that was with full props. Now it's literally halved, and you're saying that it's balanced?

And your whole point you just made about DEX being weak... what???

• Also, I find it odd that Turtles get 0.5% defense... I mean, their whole weakness is defense. -v- It's impossible for a turtle to survive anything at all, in retail they got one shot, and that was with full props. Now it's literally halved, and you're saying that it's balanced?

Turtles in taiwan more specifically "Divine" 10 billion time solo champion used CDR to spam combo and prop was useless they even used to receive more damage than they do now because of N-prop bug you should be grateful 0.5% is effective unlike 1% from retail that wasn't effective at all, if you play a turtle i suggest you learn more about your class their only issue is QA Slow but you still can counter with Anticrit armor and some luck.

• Damage from fighter was so weak

they don't that huge burst like fighters

Nice contradiction.

No i'm saying if we put prop to 1 for fighters in the current meta they will be strong and SK will be even stronger, in the past fighter dex was too weak compared to fighter full cons and prop

Also, this is hilarious. They will be strong and SK will be stronger...??? NO, EVERYONE will be stronger lmfao. As Echo stated earlier, SKs also get less from props than a Fighter does, so pray tell how they're even stronger in that regard?

Also your point about Fighter DEX being weak compared to Full CON and prop fighters...

Fighter with DEX is OP compared to prop and CON fighters. You're completely missing the point. Even with full props, fighters STILL choose DEX.

prop was useless

Thank you for backing up the point they didn't need a nerf to begin with, btw.

• Thats my main issue with this nerf too, makes PVE already harder for MAs when solo PVE was already a pain and u got tons of racists that wont take MAs ever in their cc/kraken/cell/bacterian parties.

• That's a terrible idea, simply because it will buff focus and making people who do not use resist% weaker, its a great idea yup.

Little thinking would have made you realise this. Oh, and knowledge of gaming balance, too.

Let look are your logic "it will buff focus and make people who do not use resist% weaker" if they weren't using it in the first place how is making them weaker??

Your way of thinking is that my class should never miss on a class THAT BASED ON DODGE/RESISTANCE even if he stacks resistance I should still be able to hit him 100% of the time because Im stacking Focus and success rate even though my opponent stacking resistance and dex. if you think that balance obviously you never played budokai or achieve anything PVP wise in the original DBO at level 70 cap.

• Let look are your logic "it will buff focus and make people who do not use resist% weaker" if they weren't using it in the first place how is making them weaker??

His whole argument is, the problem isn't focus not being good enough, it's that resist % is too good. Also resist % should be capped because it is pretty broken when you stack 60% earrings and 56% rings, I have tested it myself.

• On topic; yeah, resist% is pretty broken when it's possible to stack earrings and rings. IIRC, it wasn't even possible to get it on one of those? Which is how it SHOULD be. 56% max is probably the way to go, maybe 60%. Would be fixed by simply making it like retail.

• Nice contradiction.

It's actually funny how you trying to manipulate someone's words and trying create something that is not even there, in the first sentence i was talking about the past and i used "Was" for a reason and i didn't use "are", In the second sentence i was talking about the present "SM don't do huge damage aka burst like fighters (now the present)", and of course now Dexterity fighter is way much better than cons/prop fighter right now because property is nerfed for them and their base critical damage is based on dexterity, i'm done replying to you.

• No i'm saying if we put prop to 1 for fighters in the current meta they will be strong and SK will be even stronger, in the past fighter dex was too weak compared to fighter full cons and prop, now you have the option wether you go squishy and damage or you go full Cons and less damage.

H-how....how does NOT nerfing a global prop Fighter's damage make an SK stronger? ...what??? Also, I proved DEX is better for burst damage even with props being 1=1%. Critting is everything in PvP for a Fighter. But you still haven't proven that Fighters needed this nerf at all, especially when the point of this very topic is to show how OP their dodge/resist is.

to OP, resistance problem is a easy fix just increase the value of success rate that you gain from focus. That way it will reward someone who stack focus against people who stack resistance %, but at the same time make it so one side doesn't get a huge advantage over another that balanced instead of crying to nerf the whole thing in general.

I'm gonna agree with Sendoku on this part. Tampering with global stats like FOCUS will throw everything into chaos for no reason since that stat interacts with everyone and everything, whereas these rings are just 1 single gear problem on their own. Merely fixing the maximum amount of resist% on rings to be something less insane like 40% would solve alot. Remember, even a 56% stat resist ring gets some freebie stats like paralysis/fear duration down, which is nuts. You can probably keep their max amount the same on earrings since they have very powerful alternative stats like 13 props(assuming 1=1) or 26 cooldown as alternatives, but even then ignoring all stuns is just downright insane in PvP battles.

i hope so (SM BOOST)

You mean (SM NOT NERFED AS BADLY). 1=1% is not a boost at all, it's just not a nerf. You still have 0.5% defense, and Swordsmen were unwanted in PvE even with with 1=1%.

• His whole argument is, the problem isn't focus not being good enough, it's that resist % is too good. Also resist % should be capped because it is pretty broken when you stack 60% earrings and 56% rings, I have tested it myself.

if it capped at w.e % it will still be to op for sendoku liking.

on the serious note what happens to classes that have resistance % passive in there skill tree? NERFING ONE stats instead of buff one stats is the wrong way to go about things, it makes way more unbalance.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!