Would you prefer the Open Beta's levelcap to be 70 or 55?

• Would you prefer the Open Beta to have a levelcap of 70, or be limited to lvl55? (Permanently) 131

1. Level 70 (85) 65%
    2. Level 55 (46) 35%

This is merely a little investigation into the playerbase. I know there's been a few people who wanted the game to return back to DBO's level 55 cap back in 2010, before they added the features from the level 60 and 70 updates. Let's hear everyone's voice: In your opinion, should DBOG be edited to become like the old level 55 cap, or should we stick with the most recent retail game's features and it's lvl 70 cap, and work on balance issues we find from there?

Remember, level 55 cap also means every piece of gear, items, and skills beyond the level 55 cap would NOT be available. South Porunga Rocks/Papaya/TMQ7/UD6/CC150/etc would obviously not be included either. It wouldn't be truly " the level 55 cap" if you could have skills such as Thunder, Super High Speed Needle, or Giant Kamehameha...which were all added in the lvl60+ updates. I do think it's a safe bet to say flying would be kept in-game, though.

EDIT: For clarification, this poll is about a PERMANENT levelcap. We're not talking about starting off with level 38/55, then going 70 later.

• Hmm...this is a tough call. On one hand starting at level 55 will give more time to work on the later updates. On the other hand, starting at level 70 would mean less work and a quicker release of Open Beta. I think for simplicity sake level 70 would be the better option, especially since a lot of new players are more familiar with the Level 70 mechanics and updates than level 55.

• He's talking about limiting the game to level 55 cap not starting OB at it. EchoSon What are you trying to feed the people? When me and TonyEffe were talking about level 55 cap we meant balance, not make the game limited to 55 cap, and you are clearly are passively talking about us because no one in this forum is talking about that kinda stuff except us. "It wouldn't be truly " the level 55 cap" if you could have skills such as Thunder, Super High Speed Needle, or Giant Kamehameha...which were all added in the lvl60+ updates."

So why was this video uploaded Feb 2011 before TW even came out and he's using SHSN? You're this scared of balance that you're making a thread to manipulate the community to hate that cap and get them on your side? Well balance is already confirmed for OB so there's no point.

• loooool this guy got no idea of what He say.we was talking about the balance and the gameplay that was have level 55 cap.not of limit the game to level 55.just do the balance how it was at that time.as my bro Sirab say you are so afraid of not be more op that you manipulate community for make hate that cap.well I clarify the things here for all.

Dbo was better with that cap because of balance.i like new maps and new skills.the problem is before they make higher level cap they destroy balance and some gameplay feature as tmq,upgrade and drops.who play level 55 cap know what I mean.the game I hope will have even a level cap of 150 (that was the plan of ntl) but with balance of level 55.please don't put in us mouths thing we never say just because you scared of be balanced and no more be a god with your sk.cheers

• This is a very dumb idea imo why would you want less content in the game smfh in the offical game before it closed there was just enough content to keep people somewhat entertained if you revert back to the lvl 55 cap this will cause more problems that it will fix. you got too look at the bigger picture so many classes will receive a nerf and somewhat making the point of the class pointless for example without the last 2 crane passives the bleeds will be meh. a lot of classes will loose there strong attacks the attacks that make them worth playing also cc dungeons beyond 50-70 will be virtually impossible. cc alone takes so much content away from players if reverted back to 55. As much as i hate karma majin skill lock without that max pretty much makes karma majin in pvp terms a dead class. all speed classes will be caped due to being unable to get 26% etc so speed will be meh once again

• I know there's been a few people who wanted the game to return back to DBO's level 55 cap back in 2010,

who are this "people"??? wtf i know over 300 english and german players and nobody want that

if they do release beta with lvl 55 cap i only need 6 day to max lvl what should i do then?

• Maximum lvl cap won't even stay 70 cause Mateo is op af and will make lvl 80 a possibility, and that's insane thinking about it, since it never existed in TW/HK/KR.

All i know is that many veterans like myself miss lvl 38-50-55-60 caps badly, and wanna play it again, and so we're gonna have the chance to maybe experience them all in OB depending on how things go, and i am just very exited for it~~!!

• Maximum lvl cap won't even stay 70 cause Mateo is op af and will make lvl 80 a possibility, and that's insane thinking about it, since it never existed in TW/HK/KR.

All i know is that many veterans like myself miss lvl 38-50-55-60 caps badly, and wanna play it again, and so we're gonna have the chance to maybe experience them all in OB depending on how things go, and i am just very exited for it~~!!

I for one am hoping they start at lvl 38 and go up. Yes I voted to start at 70, but when you haven't experienced the old days like 38 cap (I started at 60 before flying was implemented) it makes you wish you want to start from scratch, which is what I'm hoping to do.

• I wouldn't mind starting at level 55 Cap there plenty of content at that point like level 55 DB scramble rewards, CC Floor 50 will be challenging for a party off level 55. PVP I'm not sure but I think it might be balance for most of classes, DW and Grand Chef would need a buff though. The Solo SkyDungeon tmq1-6 UD1-5 plus the hidden UD, allow for easier progression.

Give daneos time fix bugs in CCBD floor 100+ Cellx, Bactrian, Kraken, and all the quest in papaya because they are still broken.

Biggest thing Crafted gear won't be the best type of gear and you will need to grind multiple gear set at that level cap instead of just having 1 set of gear if your namekian

• He's talking about limiting the game to level 55 cap not starting OB at it. EchoSon What are you trying to feed the people? When me and TonyEffe were talking about level 55 cap we meant balance, not make the game limited to 55 cap, and you are clearly are passively talking about us because no one in this forum is talking about that kinda stuff except us.

I don't even remember a conversation like that. The only reason this topic exists is because guildies told me 80% of the playerbase wants the game to go back to it's lvl55 state. I didn't believe it, so they challenged me to make a poll to find out the truth. Ask them yourself if you're that paranoid. You appear to be right about Super High Speed Needle, though. I knew it wasn't available in 2010's lvl55 cap, but apparently it still came out before the level 60 cap...?

That video is a terrible example to showcase lvl 55's "balance", though.

Echoson is thinking about starting point of Open Beta, I think.

No, we're not talking a starter cap. It's a hypothetical "forever level 55". I'd totally understand if Daneos wants to limit the initial cap for a little while to check on bug abuse. If someone makes infinite +15 gear lower than lvl70, then we're not doomed yet, after all.

====================

I'm surprised to see one third of the votes go to level 55, tbh. There must've been some truth to people not wanting level 70 after all. Casting aside my opinions on why I'd prefer retail's level 70 over 55, I'd think it's just...easier for Daneos to keep the 70 cap. He'd need to do a lot of work to turn the entire lvl70 retail version back into a lvl55 version that also retains lvl55's balance, skills and stats. It'd surely be easier to just edit some of the lvl70 classes that rose or sank too far.

• I wouldn't mind spending a few month in level 55 cap but just limiting only to that would just waste Daneos and Mateo time because they're already working on 80+ cap.

I would eventually want to move up to 80+ cap for the hell of it.

• I wouldn't mind spending a few month in level 55 cap but just limiting only to that would just waste Daneos and Mateo time because they're already working on 80+ cap.

Please post proof if you're gonna claim Daneos is working on a level 80 cap, 'cause It makes zero sense for him to do so.

All of DBO's end-game would die if level 80 existed, because it's all designed for level 70. CC150, Kraken and the BiDs, and every piece of gear awarded for events like the DB Scramble would now be a joke. He'd have to literally make an ENTIRE new end-game of dungeons, gear, quests, TMQs, UDs, CC200, etc, not to mention working again on balance. It's simply not realistic for a private server to get that ambitious. It'd be easier to just add an "Endgame" difficulty to the current TMQs and UDs and give us a reward(Brown Boxes or White Stones or something) so people have more to do, then perhaps create a new level 70 dungeon/TMQ later from unused assets.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!