This Needs to Be Said

• I just want to point this out. I'm not so concerned about the update, but the reason why you are doing it, is what is wrong. If you want to stop item duplicators, buggers or hackers that do +15, then this is the wrong way to do it. As I said, if an item duplicator can duplicate items, he will simply duplicate coins to un-bind the items. If a +15 bugger or hacker gets his items binded, he can simply upgrade other items without wearing them and still scam people, which is another thing you want to stop.

• I just want to point this out. I'm not so concerned about the update, but the reason why you are doing it, is what is wrong. If you want to stop item duplicators, buggers or hackers that do +15, then this is the wrong way to do it. As I said, if an item duplicator can duplicate items, he will simply duplicate coins to un-bind the items. If a +15 bugger or hacker gets his items binded, he can simply upgrade other items without wearing them and still scam people, which is another thing you want to stop.

That's a good point, it's really better to stop the buggers as a whole, idk if it was this bad in the original dbo server.

True. Hopefully they are serious about banning those people that did the same thing in pre-open beta. Otherwise i'll be very disappointed to be honest.

• To start off with, it was expected that there would be members of the community that would oppose this update. The DBO G Staff were aware that not everyone would agree, but overtime, eventually the community will learn to accept the new changes.

The reasoning provided in the original announcement was not the only reasoning behind the decision to bind most end-game gear. Here are some more reasons that will be pointed out in this post as to why the decision was made:

• Back in the retail version of Dragon Ball Online (Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong) for level 38, 50, 55 and 60 cap, most end-game gear compromised of TMQ gear which did bind upon equip. The majority of the community did not oppose this and did accept the circumstance of gear, that once you bind the gear you would need to obtain seal coins in order to unbind the gear (as previously mentioned in this thread by Celestial Titania)
    • Further more, Krakken, and Cell-X accessories bind on pick up, and dragon ball scramble wishes bind once received in your inventory. Yet again, the majority of the community didn't have a problem with this change, and over time did learn to accept that these accessories could not be traded (or sold on the AH for that matter).
    • There was no use for the Vending/Unseal/Unbind machine - This machine in most cases was actually just sitting there, and was not being used for anything. Almost no one would wear the old TMQ gear that drops due to the new crafted gear, and such this machine became practically useless.
    • To prevent players from "sharing" end-game gear/equipment. End game gear/equipment should be earned by a players own merits. The gear can still be traded/sold as long as the bind is not active and is unbound. Players sharing gear among alternate characters were considered however that enough was not a strong enough reason or justification as to why the gear should not be binded.

Not every decision that is made by the DBO G Team will the community be consulted with. There are some decisions that need to be made internally, but I can assure you that the team does always make decisions while keeping the player base in mind.

On another note, this thread was locked twice due to intense flaming by other members and constant off topic posting. It will stay open as long as everyone can express their opinion in a calm and sensible manner. The DBO G Team has no problems with members disagreeing with the new change, or by questioning the decisions made by the current Staff members of DBO G (including the reasoning behind the decisions that are made among the team) however all the posts that were made as a direct and personal attack against the Team or specific Staff members will be removed and the user will be warned.

• Not every decision that is made by the DBO G Team will the community be consulted with. There are some decisions that need to be made internally, but I can assure you that the team does always make decisions while keeping the player base in mind.

I agree with what you said in your post, yet I have this question to make, and you're free to explain it to me in Discord DM if you like, so we don't go off-topic here, but how did nerfing the max stats came to an idea, if you consider the player base in mind?

It should be 100% to know that literally none of the players agree on nerfing the randomized stats that a gear gets, was that "update" on purpose? Because some players say that it was an accident (I myself believe this aswell, that it happened on an accident), others say that it was on purpose, due to some new level cap testing thing.

I would really like to have an answer for this.

• Most of the people replying to these threads have already been through the grind we have leveled many characters to 70 and we use the plat as a way to just chill and do what we enjoy most PVP. we have played DBOG since the beginning there shouldn't be any need for us to go farming at least not on the rate yal be talking

Like lets be honest if you haven't equipped ur gear then its most probably not even worth selling otherwise why would you have it just dormant in ur inventory smh so who in the right mind would buy that garbage

lyin ass you know people sit at plat just rage at anyone who dare to just auto attack em smh you tryna claim you people actually PvP there

• :3 the majority of the good players dont oppose the update so....

The game will live on and will be more competitive anyway

good players ? and for u the good players in Dbog how many they are 10-20 ? compared to the whole community wich is like 8k of active players so dude pleas reconsider what u just said

• Let me guess, cashers and a bunch of 70's with good stats already in ther characters?

The exact opposite actually. Hard working players who have no problem getting their own gear and putting effort instead of relying on cashing and buying them or borrowing gear while having no idea how to skillfully play (no shade intended).

Also, there are no lvl 70s in open beta :S

• :3 the majority of the good players dont oppose the update so....

The game will live on and will be more competitive anyway

Most good players?

From what we are seeing here in the topic, most are opposed to this update.

Are you basing your idea that most GOOD players do not object, how many? 3 4 or a maximum of 10 players.

already the numbers of those who oppose are much larger.

• The exact opposite actually. Hard working players who have no problem getting their own gear and putting effort instead of relying on cashing and buying them or borrowing gear while having no idea how to skillfully play (no shade intended).

Also, there are no lvl 70s in open beta :S

From what I see here, it looks like you should not have good ties in the game.

Because agreeing to withdraw the players' right to freedom to do what they like with their equipment, it seems to me that you should not have friends in the game, because the bond of trust and unity is what strengthens a guild.

What is clear here is that you probably should not even be full +15, this willing to support this dictatorship in the game. We are not guilty of the existence of bug +15.

I put cashpoint to buy my equipment +15, I know many players who bought cashpoint too, we bought several dogiballs, white stones, brown boxes, we spent a black note to get our equipment.

And it just comes with an update like this to get us the right of FREEDOM.

It's obvious that Daneos wants to make more money on top of us, since the drawback currencies are quite expensive

• Because agreeing to withdraw the players' right to freedom to do what they like with their equipment

Freedom? dafuq you're talking about just say i don't have a gear and i borrow stuff from friends and in the next update i won't have any items because everything belong to my friends, stop using freedom and human rights its foolish

From what we are seeing here in the topic, most are opposed to this update.

Are you basing your idea that most GOOD players do not object, how many? 3 4 or a maximum of 10 players.

It doesn't matter if majority of players oppose this and this is not something they should ask players about you as a player has the right to talk about drop/suggest something about balance, because if you ask players they will always want easy stuff and i only see like 20 user flooding and making it look like the whole server is complaining, you complain because it will hurt you no more borrowing gear for you buddy or maybe you want staff members to come and ask you "Hey buddy we gonna make gear bind you won't be able to borrow/use gear from your friends and you will work hard for your secondary characters should we apply it or not? obviously without thinking you would say No fk it" because it hurts you this is a huge nerf for people who doesn't have their own gear and i can see it from the reaction of you and these people. This will be finally a mmo and not a bullshit.

Best update ever.

THIS is what freedom looks like actually staff members please make gear bind once you drop it like Kraken and CCBD gear, bind on equip is not even enough.

It's obvious that Daneos wants to make more money on top of us, since the drawback currencies are quite expensive

Prob not from broke people like you who cannot make their own gear you should be thankful he made whole cash shop unbind and outfits are unbind too, do you realize in other mmorpgs all the outfits are bind and many more items and explain how its going to be P2W because that guy called Rob who claim to be the saviour who is actually in fact a drama/troublemaker couldn't even answer my questions and ignored it.

DANEOS AJUDA IM GOING TO BE NAKED NEXT UPDATE

Let me guess, cashers and a bunch of 70's with good stats already in ther characters?

Im sorry dude but being broke is your own fault if you can't afford/dont have the will to grind to make your character fully geared is all your own fault and dont blame the update, poor people wants villa with garden but they can't afford money for it so they live in a small house that will be fate of every lazy players who doen't farm or cash.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!