UD drops bind question

• This question is for the dbog team. With this new bind update will UD legendary drops go back to only binding after equipping and no longer binding when picking them up? I'd assume so based on the logic of the binds update but I'd appreciate an official answer.

• Hi Chinwuke,

These accessories are still currently in the process of being decided on how these items should be handled.

It might be the same as retail dragon ball online as there could be situations that could potentially arise involved with the distribution/trading/selling of these legendary items which will to be addressed and considered.

Evidently if the item was changed to bind on equip (instead of bind on pick up), then it could open up other problems such as players stealing loot and trying to sell/trade the item by themselves and exclude all the players from the party which they farmed with. This would be unfair on the remaining players in the party, because ultimately a fellow member just nabbed a good drop which really wouldn't be fair in most situations.

It has been believed that these accessories were bind on pick up so situations like the one mentioned above wouldn't occur, as then once a player would pick up the item then the legendary accessories instantly lose any/all monetary value (in terms of zeni) that was attached/associated with the accessories.

• Thanks for the response. To me that one scenario seems like a small issue. As long as the party leader is someone that can be trusted then there's no issue when the party sets the loot to dice. And if the leader does try and take the item for themselves then people shouldn't play with them and make it known who they are. But in my experience that has never been an issue as long as the loot is set to dice. Even playing with randoms that's not an issue (Besides they'd have to be extremely quick to change the settings before some picks it up plus as it is now would have to be the one to kill the mob).

For me a bigger issue is people farm UD's on their higher lvl players for equipment for lower lvl chars. Like if i use my lvl70 to farm for kid budokai equip at UD1. Not to mention selling it or buying it. You can't farm on your lower lvl char if you don't want him to go past lvl29. Those problem seem like far bigger problems wouldn't you agree? Unless there are other issues that you all are discussing, it seems like the only solution is to place all items on bind after use and not pick up. Cuz if you do that then you may as well place all items in UD's and TMQ's on bind when pick up to avoid the potential for someone to steal. Ofc that's ridiculous, we should just continue to make use of Dice like we have been. Maybe you can advertise using dice like you advertise being aware of scammers and how to get unstuck in the game.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!