Is this a Private server?

• Im just curious because there is one version of the same game on the Bandai website saying they are not releasing so soon... and this global version here is nowhere mentioned oO

then i read about RAM issues?! i don't know but bandai si a really rich company.. how can they not buy ram?

i can understand if this is a private server but is it legit then?
    before i am going to buy founder pack or something i wanna know if its legit or no

• This is a remake of an old game which has been shut down long time ago because dragonball xenoverse was getting made. So yes it's a private server but of a game which you can't play somewhere else because it was closed. You can play the offline version but than you can just play on ur own.

On September 26, 2013 the Korean servers of the game were shut down and
    on October 31, 2013 the Hong Kong and Taiwan servers of the game were
    shut down, ending Dragon Ball Online.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

• You know what's the funniest part ? They deleted one of their best games, to make an awful game..

I agree, ok the graphics of dragonball online were outdated but still it was an awesome mmorpg which should just get a new coat: dragonball online 2 (international English version) They say Xenoverse is a replacement but it's NOT.

• Nah, the awful game I'm talking about is Xenoverse, this game is a total bullshit, Dragon Ball Online was the real deal on what they could have worked, they deleted a really rich game, to make an empty game, that's ridiculous, even if it was a money problem, they could have monthly paid accounts like in WoW, I would have paid for this game to be more developed

• I had so much hype for Xenoverse, but It was a total disaster of a game in the end, after 2 hours, it gets so repetitive, there's nothing to do, they never made the ''World Tournament Events'' so they made a place for nothing in the game, DBO may have old graphics, but I'd rather have a good gameplay than good graphics

• Nah, the awful game I'm talking about is Xenoverse, this game is a total bullshit, Dragon Ball Online was the real deal on what they could have worked, they deleted a really rich game, to make an empty game, that's ridiculous, even if it was a money problem, they could have monthly paid accounts like in WoW, I would have paid for this game to be more developed

couldnt agree more

I know you were talking about Xenoverse, I think you misunderstood my post.

• When I see the graphics of WoW, I think those of DBO are fine, since it's playable on almost every computers today

Ye but I think the reason why it closed is because it didn't had many players remaining, so it didn't gave any profit to the owner. But it was his own fault if you ask me, he didn't do any updates on the last year so ye he couldn't expect everybody to stay and spend money in a game which didn't get updated.

• Dragon Ball has a big fan community .. even younger people like it.. i don't get why they never released an international version ((mmorpg-action fast paced )) game version of this..

the game engine of Firefall or Tera combined with the ideas and artstyle of Dragonball would be nice.. but open world, lots of customization many quest and nice events...
    Dragon ball combines even scifi and fantasy elements.. so what hold bandai back to release a game like that?

• That's why a method with monthly paid accounts like WoW would have been a good deal, like 5 to 10 dollars per month, just perfect to me

Nah WoW has a monopoly in subscription, just look to the elder scrolls online before it went updated to tamriel unlimited without subscription. If you want to make a good running game now, you try to make money with a cosmetic shop not with subscription because people want to play free to play games. Even if ur game is so much better looking than WoW and the gameplay is really good, WoW is already so big you can't compete to it.

• Dragon Ball has a big fan community .. even younger people like it.. i don't get why they never released an international version ((mmorpg-action fast paced )) game version of this..

the game engine of Firefall or Tera combined with the ideas and artstyle of Dragonball would be nice.. but open world, lots of customization many quest and nice events...
    Dragon ball combines even scifi and fantasy elements.. so what hold bandai back to release a game like that?

I think because Xenoverse was planned to get made, they didn't feel like putting a lot of work in dragonball online. I played the game for some months and it had an English patch which was fanmade and it was pretty nice but it didn't translate enough to understand the story at all. I was just lvling and getting ssj etc. but really I had no idea what I was doing most of the time. And yea a dragonball mmorpg has much potential but someone needs to make it and that cost a lot of cash if you want it to be a big game. Dragonball online 2 with graphics equal to WoW would be very sick but it cost a lot of money and you need to make it free to play with a cash shop.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!