Bad upgrading chance

• the reason the game values the hardcore player over the casual players for a general mmo is a hardcore player is more likely to remain with a game and support it throught thick and thin. casual players are just like in the name casual they will play the game for a short period of time when they get tired of it they will move on to another game that suits there fancy, or put more time into it and become a hardcore player (usually they move on).

You're right about the nature of hardcore players, which is why I believe you misinterpreted my post: If we want this game to be more accessible, then we need to address the upgrade system. Fact of the matter is that with all MMORPG's, you're going to have that top 1% of players who've spent hundreds of hours grinding it out for the best gear. But that's just it: only a small percentage of players would be included in that grouping, and the other 99% of players shouldn't suffer a horribly broken system, just because a small few can make it work.

As I've said, I'm not looking to alter the system to make it easy by any stretch of the imagination, but the system in it's current state is horribly biased against the majority of players.

Furthermore, a casual audience doesn't mean they pick up the game once and drop it: You can have plenty of players who grind all their alts to level 70, and still don't farm. There's a continuum: It's not all black and white. Some players choose to farm, and others simply don't have the time. The key is making a balance which works for the majority of players. The reason being: If this game only caters to a small majority of people, even if they can somehow donate enough money to keep the game running, this still has catastrophic affects on the game:

-Player population will eventually drop as the end-game is too harsh on players which simply don't have the time.

-Support for the server will decline, as hardcore players aren't the only ones who provide financial support:

-The in-game economy will suffer as the player base drops, creating inflation, which leads to more frustrating experiences for the remaining playerbase

And so on and so forth: It's a vicious cycle that has no redeeming qualities.

Ultimately this is what led to the death of the original Dragon ball online: It was a cash heavy game, and as soon as the player base dropped to a significant degree, there was nothing anyone could do to save it.

My final point: The moderation team's abject indifference doesn't help at all. Not only are players told to merely "Deal with it", but many supporters of the system actively antagonize those who want change. I'm 100% open for a debate on the subject, but calling the other side "whining babies" doesn't strengthen your point.

At the end of the day, whatever happens happens. But I want to see this community thrive and skyrocket. But due to the harsh nature of the end-game, the moderation team's indifference to the playerbase (they ignore many ideas which could improve the game), and with the community's toxic attitude toward any critics, I don't see that happening.

• What's your proposition then? Make an easy system so that everyone can get a +15 armor?

Many of you have a bad point that what is a +15 armor. As you see it as usual on the PoB Server you think it should be easy to obtain. But no.

My proposition is, if the upgrade rate is low then the drop rate should be high.

And if the upgrade rate is high then the drop rate should be low.

There is no balance in the game, today i spent 1.4k in tokens for stones and 90kk in white stones and the result is this...

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/11732/

• My proposition is, if the upgrade rate is low then the drop rate should be high.

And if the upgrade rate is high then the drop rate should be low.

There is no balance in the game, today i spent 1.4k in tokens for stones and 90kk in white stones and the result is this...

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/11732/

And in all honesty, There should also be a proper balancing of the rates, ensuring consistency in play. If you double the drop rate of stones, and make the upgrade chance 1/4th what it was before, this ultimately worsens the system. Sure, you're able to get stones more often, but what's the point if the odds of upgrading anything are literally less than half what they were before? (That when combined with the knowledge that since probability works exponentially, simple doubling/halving of the rates wont result in desired changes).

In my honest opinion, if we want the end-game to be a grind, I suggest making stones much rarer than they are now, and improving the upgrade system dramatically. That way it ensures that you dont waste 50 stones trying to get a single item to +10.

Consistency is always better than niche chances: I'd rather spend weeks farming to get a single item from +14 + 15, then spend the same time farming only to get +10 -> +9.

This at least promotes progression in the end game.

Alternatively getting end-game items should be skill based. Simply spending months farming for stones, (or days) and getting lucky doesn't promote a skillful endgame, this is just a horrible display of RNG and P2W dominating. What if stones could only be acquired by doing CC dungeon, TMQ, and UD on the hardest difficulty settings? That, in addition to an improved upgrade system, at least adds skill into the mix.

In addition, using this method we should remove stones from the cash shop and Token store, ensuring that the end game isn't pay to win. (there're dozens of players who suck at the game, yet pay hundreds of dollars to revive countless stones to upgrade all gear to +15).

• That's what I said I feel that these moderators are only doing it for money, low upgrade rate, low drop rate and the only way to get +15 is to buy cash and get Equipment box and Dogi balls so you can trade for it.

No one should be 10 hours everyday farming for 5 stones and get +8 or less.

And about the stones in cash shop and token shop.

Stones in cash its obvious that they done it for the money and token shop for people be online.

They said that they decreased the drop rate from TMQ/UD because it was to easy to get, but the upgrade rate was low and the game was balanced.

People got the stones back then and they could die trying but now you cant even upgrade because you don't even have the stones.

These are major problems, there is people joining and quitting from this game everyday, this game is supposed to be growing and millions of people know about these game but some didn't play because it was in Chinese but now that it's in English after they play these game and see this kind of problems they will quit.

These server is following the same steps of the original server watch...

• glad to see people opening eyes

solution? Chinwuke system

or remove brake and leave fail WITHOUT -1

we dont want a easy upgrade,we want something accesible.atm is impossible.i know you guys wan...need money for run the server but get money from a gameplay feature is what NTL did,and look how it end.you seriously need rework upgrade system and class b alance,not lose time to put wagu things and other things in cash shop

• the thing is that community want a better upgrade system,your "customers" ask for it,so what you want isnt important,is more imporatant what "customer"will buy.compriendes gringo?

also i correct you,good players buy items for real money,actually all was can be good with a big wallet.friend of mine make +15 pole with 800 dollars,all was cash a lot and was good.so dont tell the story,here will be the same.this upgrade system requires 0 skills,just a lot of money

• also i correct you,good players buy items for real money,actually all was can be good with a big wallet.friend of mine make +15 pole with 800 dollars,all was cash a lot and was good.so dont tell the story,here will be the same.this upgrade system requires 0 skills,just a lot of money

Buying gear with real money is against the rules and pointless since the game will be wiped

At the end of the day, whatever happens happens. But I want to see this community thrive and skyrocket. But due to the harsh nature of the end-game, the moderation team's indifference to the playerbase (they ignore many ideas which could improve the game), and with the community's toxic attitude toward any critics, I don't see that happening.

Ill re-quote you cause you say the moderator team has an indifference to the player base, actually I believe both sides have this indifference pretty evenly, and to admit this otherwise is foolhardy.

This indifference occurred due to several key factors:

1) the community is toxic as hell, it seems like nothing but negativity on the forums on each update

2) The communities impatience for updates and suggestions to be implemented.

3) Some moderators Like Boxbox being a "suck up mod" (supporting all updates regardless if they benefit the community or not)

4) Moderators shutting down possible good ideas, by saying nothing is wrong (basing this assumption it off of Taiwan; yes there game is better but it can still be improved upon).

5) Community members ,that show no respect towards this game progess, community and staff, just makes the community look bad and the moderators even worst for not banning them forever. (look at some ex Korean server players who have been spamming the forums in the last few months )*hint

__________________________________________________________________________________________--

Heres supporting evidence just in case some people don't know or just don't kur.

We only have to look at the last few months updates and suggestions to see this.

lets take a look.

in the last 2 months the community was asking for an increase in stone drop for the average mob kill

fast forward 2 months and bam now the same kurs are asking for this update now want it to return to prevous drop rate.

A balance thread was created by moderators but shut down by moderators due to flaming. No good ideas implemented by team (patience may be needed here or the team just ignored it completely who knows only a lot of time will tell)

a poll created by moderators to ask what you guys wanted first to be implemented options were balance, less pay to win items removed from cash shop and obtainable from drops, budokai, fix broken skills and quest.

community voted and budokai was the winner over balance (shows how smart the community is here)

budokai was worked on implemented first based on that poll.

anyways I have to conclude that we the community and the dbog team are all at fault. and we all have to work together wisely to get this game to where it needs to be

• in the last 2 months the community was asking for an increase in stone drop for the average mob kill

fast forward 2 months and bam now the same kurs are asking for this update now want it to return to prevous drop rate.

I love the actual stone drop rate, even who don't have hours to farm have a little chance do drop epic stones, and who farm for hours doesn't drop this much (Like... I farmed for 3 hours and get 6 stones in Tattered Hotel [which had a big chance to drop], and 2 of them was u65)

• Hi there dbog community It can be seen that the casual player wants the armour upgrade system to be changed in some sort of manner.

I will be bringing this up with the team and show them this thread. and making a suggestion this does not mean that anything will happen.

If any thing gets accepted to be change please note this could take months so please be patient.

Heres what I will be suggesting : See chart below

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/11780/

I would Also suggest that with this chart implemented upgrading percentages after +10 be doubled there current values to better help average players.

regards boxbox

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!