Bad upgrading chance

• Well I do deal with it even if I have to upgrade a lot of stuff yet and I hate it being broken, but it gives me a reason to keep playing, without challenge I would just leave because of how boring always wining could be

That arguement is invalid, for the past serveral months many players have had full +15 weapons and armor, and they still continue to play. At the very least, white stones should go back to the way they were since the reason they were nerfed is no longer there.

• Well I do deal with it even if I have to upgrade a lot of stuff yet and I hate it being broken, but it gives me a reason to keep playing, without challenge I would just leave because of how boring always wining could be

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a challenge. Once again, I've predicted the black/white responses: Why do you think that just because I want a minor improvement, you think I'm asking for a COMPLETE overhaul? It's not all black and white: There's room for change, and that's all I'm suggesting.

why is everyone is taking the game soooo serious, it's still Pre-Open Beta, you should be having fun

It's precisely because it's pre-open beta (Ie: The stage of development, wherien the most crucial changes which affect the final game are likely to be implemented) that I'm so eager to evoke change in the community.

Also, It's quite disheartening to have fun when I just wasted 1500 tokens in the past hour trying to get another + 10 staff, only to fail miserably (It broke 3 times).

Let me clarify: I'm not, in any way, suggesting that the challenge should be erased. I just feel as though there's alot of room for improvement. I, along with many others, feel that the current system is outrageously broken. This is the precise reason we should be voicing our concerns, not just dismiss them and say that we should, "deal with it".

I'm still playing the game, but I don't see myself playing that much if the status quo isn't challenged. Many other players feel the same way. If we want this game to thrive, we need to accept criticisms, and not pretend as though there are no such issues to begin with.

• It does get frustrating sometimes. I never ever make it pass +7 on anything so far, but it's ok. It's just my terrible luck XD. I played a game called Sions of Fate that is almost exactly like DBOG and when you break your gear, your gear actually disappears from your inventory. I believe some say Taiwan DBO was like that. Hope your luck gets better my dude!

May Peace Be The Journey

• I'll will make a video of me upgrading, but ill will have to wait for few 'DAYS' to get tokens.

Not even in TW was like this, i spent 1400 tokens from 3 days which i had to leave my laptop on so i could get this tokens.

And now i have my gloves +5 from all stones i spent and i couldn't get +9

IGN:

Munechika

Tatsumakiii

• So I managed to get a level 50 weapon from +8 to +10 with just reds without a broken and only one fail using 4 stones. Does that still constitute as upgrading being bad?

Lets say you want +13, is it possible to get it with only 13 stones? Yes. But does that mean its a good chance? No. A couple of people saying they have done it while the majority haven't doesn't mean its a good chance.

I used to get +12 level 20 quest gloves every time I leveled a char for 3 chars straight from just the t shop points of just the time I spent lvling, no afking. My luck has now ended though and I could only get +9 a couple months ago on my last char. Your luck will end soon as well and you'll be on the same boat as the majority sooner or later.

• Lets say you want +13, is it possible to get it with only 13 stones? Yes. But does that mean its a good chance? No. A couple of people saying they have done it while the majority haven't doesn't mean its a good chance.

I used to get +12 level 20 quest gloves every time I leveled a char for 3 chars straight from just the t shop points of just the time I spent lvling, no afking. My luck has now ended though and I could only get +9 a couple months ago on my last char. Your luck will end soon as well and you'll be on the same boat as the majority sooner or later.

Well I did get +13 pants with just reds.

• I have to admit this game is geared for the hardcore players.

hardcore players enjoy a challenge to a game. they love spending lots of there time playing, experimenting with game mechanics.etc

ethan volcano did an excellent job explaining it on his first quote in this thread.

the upgrade system is very hard to do theres no doubting that. Casual players have a hard time since they are busy

damn fool you explained this very good kur kudos to you.

It will be hard to argue your point here but here I will try.

the reason the game values the hardcore player over the casual players for a general mmo is a hardcore player is more likely to remain with a game and support it throught thick and thin. casual players are just like in the name casual they will play the game for a short period of time when they get tired of it they will move on to another game that suits there fancy, or put more time into it and become a hardcore player (usually they move on).

a game will support there more loyal fans so they can keep them even if they are in the minority. this is because of said reasoning above.

People confuse making the game "too easy: with making the game more accessible (I like that line let me try debunk it)

easy and accessible are based on someones point of view. Any Hardcore player right now after the current changes to stone drops would say the game is already too easy, The dbog teams current changes to the game interms of stone drops, dogi ball drops, brown box drops are the medium that casual have asked for much as most casuals don't see it.

when the dbog staff makes the game more accessible (makes the game easier) its a slap in the face for your hardcore fan base because they work long hours to get were they are at, now they could achieve this is less time can be infuriating, and alieninating the them.

on another subject

Casual players want to be able to win budokai. .

uunfortunately budokai is made to show the best players in the game, best meaning well played and well gear. If the game gets too accessible in terms of upgrading then a casher or casual player could become a heavy player in this event, which should never happen it will just alienate the hardcore fan base of this game.

remember hardcore players are the ones who consistently play and support the server threw donatations.

casual players most of them will not support the game in a similar manner because they are just like that a casual player.

• non cashers will be the ones who will invite cashers xd

• Well Roli used 32 white and 32 purple on a +10 item and its still at +10,now count those stones into zeni.

Is it reall a fine upgrade system?

Its nor about lucky or unlucky...server picks your card result no matter which you pick.

I liked more the last system...you could atleast work the system a bit and get a nice upgrade chance to get your item to atleast +9.

And roli please correct me if i stated wrong.

• Hello,

What's the point make the upgrade system so easy? I don't want a server full of players +15. Players +15 must be those who have worked hard and have been trying to get there a lot of time.

In the official game the average of "good players" had armors +10 / +12 (and many using upgrade tickets).

Finally, I want to leave this video here:

Regards

• Well Roli used 32 white and 32 purple on a +10 item and its still at +10,now count those stones into zeni.

Is it reall a fine upgrade system?

Its nor about lucky or unlucky...server picks your card result no matter which you pick.

I liked more the last system...you could atleast work the system a bit and get a nice upgrade chance to get your item to atleast +9.

And roli please correct me if i stated wrong.

You stated it wrong.

I used 35 purple stones on my sword, used white stone with each of them. I started on +11 and instantly broke down to +9, after that, I never managed to get +10 or above agian.

Then I used 10kkk on purple stones and white stones to make my +9 wand +11 or higher, which never succeeded.

• Upgrade tickets now works?

• hard worrk ? i think that stones shouldn't bee at the wagu machine

• so i would need like 20x weapons lv 70 all with high stats,and tons of lv 70 purples to even try to get a +15 :D

I dont even wanna try to count how much would i spend on something like that,cuz its nearly impossible for a non cashing player :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!