Normal Upgrade System

• Your memory definitely does fool you, and I am fairly sure that I've played TW for a bit longer than you.

No penalty was in DBOG, when white stones were introduced.

In TW version, if you got broken, you either broke your entire weapon, or got -2 to -6 with white stone.

• Your memory definitely does fool you, and I am fairly sure that I've played TW for a bit longer than you.

No penalty was in DBOG, when white stones were introduced.

In TW version, if you got broken, you either broke your entire weapon, or got -2 to -6 with white stone.

I vouch for Roli as I played TW version for a long time and I know the consequences that can occur in Upgrading.

• It was minus 2-6 upon breaking using a white stone. Although this upgrade system or drop rate still needs some work (or a combination of both). Not something to make it easy but it can't be virtually impossible either. Something attainable through work like how they did the Doji balls and brown boxes.

• Stone drop rate actually got better in last update. Same for upgrade rate apparently.

overall it absolutely did not. And the upgrade rate difference is neglegbale beyond +6 to +8. May have gotten worse but I don't know for sure yet.

But for the drop rate, outside of dungeons/tmq's it has increased a little but the rate inside them has decreased drastically. Anyone who played tmq's and dungeons before and after the update will tell you with 100% certainty that the overall drop rate has been reduced by a lot.

The only bonus for upgrade stone drops post update are u65 and u70 drops because there were no dungeons to get them yet. Personally I preferred the old rates. Not to mention the u70 stones would have been made up with the addition of the u70 stones in the wagu machines that have flooded the Auction house.

• But for the drop rate, outside of dungeons/tmq's it has increased a little but the rate inside them has decreased drastically. Anyone who played tmq's and dungeons before and after the update will tell you with 100% certainty that the overall drop rate has been reduced by a lot.

The only bonus for upgrade stone drops post update are u65 and u70 drops because there were no dungeons to get them yet. Personally I preferred the old rates. Not to mention the u70 stones would have been made up with the addition of the u70 stones in the wagu machines that have flooded the Auction house.

Honestly, farming UDs/TMQs is hard if you don't have a party, and yes I know. I farmed UD2 for armor stones. As for Wagu Machine, this can actually be helpful for the economy as it makes it easier for players to buy them.

• Honestly, farming UDs/TMQs is hard if you don't have a party, and yes I know. I farmed UD2 for armor stones. As for Wagu Machine, this can actually be helpful for the economy as it makes it easier for players to buy them.

farming lower UDs and tmqs isn't hard at all if you have a lvl 70 player. I can do ud2 with a dende in less than 10 minutes. So would be faster with almost all other classes. Ud1 and tmq1 for kid gear is even easier. Fyi been doing ud3 as well (the whole thing) and about to try ud4.

And ofc the addition of u70 stones in wagu is better. That was my whole point. I have no problem with that. I'm talking about the drops for upgrade stones in dungeons. Stating that overall the stone drops did not increase, they decreased by a lot. I prefer it the way it was if I had to chose. With lvl70 dungeons the whole community would as well. And with stones in wagu it's that much better for the community and economy.

• I agree, the reason white stones was nerfed in the first place is because even just 1 player could easily abuse the CS, and buy 100+ white stones and easily get full +15. (Who remembers the old days when only around 7 people had full +15?) Now that they are much harder to obtain, they should be back to the way they were.

• Drop rate in UD/TMQ was maybe a slightly higher in retail version than current.

Thats the way its supposed to be,open world now drop a lot more stones,and is given by quests.

It would be too op if the drop rate in dungeons is like before few updates,if pve def was fixed it would be easier to solo most of the dungeons and getting incredible amount of stones.

• Drop rate in UD/TMQ was maybe a slightly higher in retail version than current.

Thats the way its supposed to be,open world now drop a lot more stones,and is given by quests.

It would be too op if the drop rate in dungeons is like before few updates,if pve def was fixed it would be easier to solo most of the dungeons and getting incredible amount of stones.

a lot of things are different from the retail version. The goal is not to have the exact same game as retail. It's to improve on it. Do I need to list how many things are different than retail that are universally liked by the community?

Something that was not good about retail was the upgrade system. In some ways it's better now and some its worse. If the system doesn't change the the next solution would be for the stone drop rate to increase. In what way would it be OP if you use 1000 stones and still can't get +15?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!