about the server, is it official or a private server?

• so ... i sniffed a bit around the forum and well, my nose bumped onto a topic where peoples discussed about what happens if bandai and co. (like funimation etc.) spotting thishere and eventually closing it down cause the server owner here has no license from bandai and co.

so, the question is simple.

is this server official (which would make the discussion which i found useless) and managed from bandai or funimation staff?

or is it just ... a private server which ... decided to putt a dragonball online server up, has no rights whatsoever and the server could get closed any second/minute/hour/day and so on. because 1st. server owners cost are too high 2nd. bandai and foundations like funimation closing the server because copyright infringement and having no rights on the game at all?

cause the discussion was interesting and i wonder now if this is just a private server hosted from a random person/staff and could end like one of the blizzard private servers back then because it got too popular and they even made money out of it etc. and blizzard forced to shut the server down. and yes, dosnt matter what the owners say (i dont name the server here now tho) they made money out of it. which was one of the reasons why it got shut down.

but anyways, i dont want to talk about that blizzard thing. cause ... i dont want to putt effort into something which could get shutted down any minute because the rightsholder on the game forces it down. i dont care about the possible wipe which is anounced after the game leaves beta. cause leveling up to my current level (which is 34) is done in like 3 days =w= and i didnt even played all day long. ppls just need to use the exp scrolls when they actually do quests and leveling ... and not like doing quests for 30 mins and then sitting the rest of the 2 hour bonus exp duration afk around XD (i seen that alot that ppls sitting with the scroll buff on afk aroundand that for over 30 mins ... yes i had nothing better to do then staring at ppls and inspecting their equip ^^)

• Definitely in the realm of private servers. There is only one officiated server for DBO, and that is NTL’s.

nya~ okay. thanks >w< so uh i may putt lesser effort into it. and ntls? didnt got DBO shutted down in 2013? and xenoverse got made out of it? i mean ... i assume tho cause .. the story is awfully similiar to xenoverse ^^

i thought at first this here is an official server and got just made global now cause back then needed you an evil IP trick to connect to DBO ... (idk if they lifted the region lock later on, i didnt played it for long cause i didnt understood a word in the quests ^^ same with equip and skills etc.) cause i cant find anything from ntl dragonball wise o.o

• nya~ okay. thanks >w< so uh i may putt lesser effort into it. and ntls? didnt got DBO shutted down in 2013? and xenoverse got made out of it? i mean ... i assume tho cause .. the story is awfully similiar to xenoverse ^^

i thought at first this here is an official server and got just made global now cause back then needed you an evil IP trick to connect to DBO ... (idk if they lifted the region lock later on, i didnt played it for long cause i didnt understood a word in the quests ^^ same with equip and skills etc.) cause i cant find anything from ntl dragonball wise o.o

Yes, this game was shut down at 2013 because the company running it ran out of money or simply they couldn't release an English version of the game, that would attract many more players. That was their downfall, Xenoverse is a copy of this game's story so yeah it is awful how a game like Xenoverse gets to live with the great story of DBO. NTL and wasabii can't shut down this server because DBO Global has their own server files now(correct me if I'm wrong).

• Yes, this game was shut down at 2013 because the company running it ran out of money or simply they couldn't release an English version of the game, that would attract many more players. That was their downfall, Xenoverse is a copy of this game's story so yeah it is awful how a game like Xenoverse gets to live with the great story of DBO. NTL and wasabii can't shut down this server because DBO Global has their own server files now(correct me if I'm wrong).

i remember back there when some people was buying items from cash shop to support the game but too bad the game was shut down.^^

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!