Boss stun immunity and knockdowns

• A couple updates ago Bosses were given immunity to stuns and knockdowns, and the reason given for that was in the old dbo that's how it was. Here is proof it wasn't like that.

@2:25 - 2:38 you see regular stun and paralyze land on a Boss.

Here you can see SM spamming kidney shot on a Boss. (Credit to adrian on fire for finding the videos)

You just needed very good Focus, hence why the SM was doing it. But this did not mean they had high resistance because debuffs landed on them well, they were just more resistant to KDs and stuns. I can't find proof on KDs working on bosses but they did, maybe if someone could help find a video with proof. Speaking of KDs, I think i'm the first to mention this but KDs are too short on mobs. They last for about a second but in TW it felt more like 2.5 seconds.

• Bosses are given such immunity because game was too easy.

What can land:

- paralysis

- confusion

- slowdown debuffs (fear, turtle slowdown, sleep)

- skill lock

- petrify

If you count it, it isn't much and bosses from now on, will be harder to deal with. xD

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I see one of em is especially about swordsman..

I didnt want to follow the attack speed/auto attack only meta, so i made an energy swordsman.

The problem is.. i see other classes solo stuff that i cannot..

Because others have various debuffs that makes a real difference (like an attack speed crane with slowing down bosses and

kill em from a safe range in seconds) or other classes just being overly tanky as hell, healing abilities and other things,

or just being a maxed out attack speed fighter and kill anything before it even notices you lol. (im planning to make one in the future cause im feeling forced to do tbh)

My only option as i know is using kidney shot, but when i had it maxed out and tried on many bosses,

NEVER land a single stun at all. I had to ragequit-kinda reset my tree and not even take that skill,because it isnt working.

You know.. i dont even want to stunlock bosses like they do to me (both lame af actually)

I just want to interrupt their stuns and oneshots when i see them casting.

And sadly i cannot even do that somehow. I wanna get my skill back.

• opris35261991 Yeah I feel you, all this immunity stuff just makes going full speed party even better. Even making a fighter wont do much since it's not long range auto attack. I hope when we have a level cap in open beta people will see how fun it is to farm end game dungeons with actual stradegy involved and put an end to this auto attack speed crap.

• I dont know if i should open a new topic in suggestion, or just leave my opinion here,

I want to highlight again what i said:

"i dont even want to stunlock bosses like they do to me (both lame af actually)

I just want to interrupt their stuns and oneshots when i see them casting."

Not being able to stun any bosses is almost like removing the skill itself completely,

No need to give it back with spammable cd and stunlock ability..

But atleast give it back with just 1 or 2 seconds of guaranteed stun,

Not for stunning, but for interrupting and creating a moment to take back the advantage,

cause right now i dont feel like i have any at all.

Also, please remember "Kidney Shot" is a totally closeup skill,

Energy swordsman or even regular phys SM (maybe even auto attack madness) are not tanks.

Yet we have to be at the feet of a boss to interrupt em with that skill.

Bosses are given such immunity because game was too easy.

In this case, i could leave my main char behind again and play my crane from a safe distance,

by being able to constantly slow down bosses.. or play other classes as the game is still that easy with them.

No offense, but taking away the only useful condition skill is like taking out the saiyan from humans lol.

• If you think about it, MA classes are DPS classes, if they are in party, they are there to deal dmg.

I don't see any MA consider using other debuffs in PVE, such as Shake maxed for energy reduce to help party deal even more dmg, intimidation , reduce hit rate.

Or, if you use fighter - thunder (auto attack) while boss tanker, tank it.

Consider all options and you will see that this is fine.

Cheers.

[infobox]
    [/infobox]

[infobox]PS: Any users who goes off-topic or make spam pots, will be warned and posts will be deleted, if you want to post, keep it on topic. [/infobox]

[infobox][/infobox]

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I'm kinda confused right now, at times mods say they have no say in what gets changed, but other times mods talk as if they do have a say, interesting. Anyway, I thought these newer updates were about Open beta now? This change specifically is for the way things are as of now, full +15, and max attack speed. In Open beta since there will be a level cap and server reset, we wont have those things.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!