Too Much of a Cost?

• Remove 10kk fee from Brown Box? 55

1. Yes (38) 69%
    2. No (17) 31%

As we all know, Brown Boxes were added as a Gold Devil item you can get for 4 gold coins and 10kk, Gotta wonder though, isn't that a little expensive for one box? Yes it's a big P2W item that was, thankfully, implemented ingame, but adding a 10kk fee in addition to 4 gold coins feels a bit much. This is especially when said item is heavily RNGed based and one box isn't going to satisfy your needs unless you get really, REALLY lucky. So I got to thinking...maybe just leaving it at 4 coins is good enough for an item like this. What do you guys think?

• I Believe the fee exist as a form of zeni sink, It keeps inflation down.

Ill admit It does seem a tad high in my opinion ill talk to the team and see what they say.I doubt they would erase the fee entirely but they might reduce it.

who knows thou.

*remember just because I say ill talk to staff doesnt mean any change will occur,

• Well if you daily farm, you can get around 40-80 silver coins plus 2 golden coins from quest.

So you can get brown box each 2 days.

Still fee is a bit high I guess, but you will get use to it, still you have access to brown boxes as free player, it is good.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Well if you daily farm, you can get around 40-80 silver coins plus 2 golden coins from quest.

So you can get brown box each 2 days.

Still fee is a bit high I guess, but you will get use to it, still you have access to brown boxes as free player, it is good.

yea full day of farming for 2 boxes that give completely random stats and is untradeable, plus waiting a couple hour for the boss event to even start and end.

that means you got to be on the game all day to get that.

• yea full day of farming for 2 boxes that give completely random stats and is untradeable, plus waiting a couple hour for the boss event to even start and end.

that means you got to be on the game all day to get that.

Indeed the odds of getting 50 brown boxes from wagu machine seem more tempting by buying wagu coins with zeni than nonstop boss coin farming

• best value sould bee ( to bee fair for all ) 5 devile coins + 50kk = 10 brown boxes this should bee fair for mee the real problem is the golden coins 4 for 1 boxe is rediculos i think that it should bee like 10 silver coins +10kk for one or just make packs 50 golden

+ 200kk for 100 brown it's just an example

• Maybe if it gave 1 sliver box that would be fine but it gives a ONE brown box

It took me like brown 45 boxes to get 9 Con on some TMQ1 boots

Its a good design just poorly thought out.

Exactly. It's as I said. Brown Boxes fall under the RNG rules so you'd have to get lucky to get what you want stat wise in a low amount. I don't mind having an extra fee in addition to the 4 Gold Coins, but 10kk is a bit much.

• Hi there dbog community,

I spoken with dbog team on this matter. Prices for brown boxes via event will remain as is for pre open beta. It works as an effective zeni sink and it represents current preopen beta prices.

when open beta comes out the prices will be lowered. to a fair amount Ill see to that :)

as for now that's all that can be done.

feel free to keep conversation going on this thread but be warn if theres flaming towards others or staff members I will have to close the thread

regards and thanks everyone

boomboxbob aka boxbox

• the price for isn't the problem it the fact that it gives 1 brown box and boss only happen about 3 times the day AND you need to turn in 2 quest to get 1 brown box.

My suggestion to fix this is make 4 gold coins and 50kk zeni for 5 boxes

• You want a Zeni sink? Easy.. fix the private shop as it used to be - back to 999.999 Zeni max. It is long over due since AH works now almost as is should.. If all players sell their stuff in AH where they must pay the 1% fee it would pull out quite some zeni from the server. I would also double the AH fee from 1% to 2% or maybe even 5% while we are in open alpha phase.

As for brown boxes.. i agree with adrian = 4 +50kk for 5 boxes is a bit better as it is now..

• Thank you for bringing this attention to the team and giving an answer.

• agree with adrian or just make quests stackabale so we can get the quest mmany time in the day

Well that shouldn't be enabled, since you can already stack tons of silver coins that you can exchange for gold coins.

This shouldn't be easy, don't you think soo.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Well that shouldn't be enabled, since you can already stack tons of silver coins that you can exchange for gold coins.

This shouldn't be easy, don't you think soo.

Silver coins doesn't have 100% drop rate like old dbo, so actually getting 100 silver coin would take all day as well.

Making the majin have 100% drop rate of silver coin would fix this problem maybe.

Rng boxesssssssds

• Silver coins doesn't have 100% drop rate like old dbo, so actually getting 100 silver coin would take all day as well

Well idk how it goes for you, but when ever I farm, those 3-4 fat majins spawn and always there is 1-2 silver coins drop plus mystery items that they leave behind and those are silver coins too, well most of times.

Still like I said, it shouldn't be easy, after all this is the world boss event and you get world boss rewards.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!