Would DBO have survived longer if....

• Do you think DBO would have survived longer if they opened to the Japanese (It's stupid they didn't) and American markets? The game was only available in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and South Korea.

• I have always said it was doomed from the start and always will. Unless drastic changes were made to the content and was balanced it would've failed even if released globally. There wasn't much to do end game and it was never balanced. Had they fixed a lot of aspects in pvp, improved animations with some attacks and flight made better dungeons, improved TMQ system, and made it worth it to do both then the game might have survived.

Dont get me wrong I absolutely loved the game and my time spent playing it. But they could have improved a lot and did a poor job of maintaining a player base because of those things

• The game was never planned to go global or EU or NA...the game had the worst protection system(cheap)...there where tons of Korean players which spended atleast 3k $ a month in each server(i knew personal 2 Koreans and a TW guy that payed more),since the game had holes in its protection alot gone wrong,hell there where sites where selling cash points/not only zenis.
    That killed games inside economy,but also the company lost alot aswell,then a chain reaction started and the game went down...

The problem for me was that the company that published the game was unprofessional,inexperienced and unlucky...
    Basically a bad company for Tori to invest,then DBX came to get his money back and im glad he did...

• As good as it would have been, if the game isn't massively popular in their respective region, it's usually dead for them to be released outside of Asia.
    Near the end you would barely encounter 10 peoples in the korean version, just goes to show how the popularity of the game went dramatically down.
    But I must admit that their stupid account creation didn't made it better.

Enough talk about the popularity, the game itself.
    The game was just bad. The content wasn't that big, you barely had anything to do end game but pvp (tournament, ranked, tatami and dojo).
    If the end game content is poor, any game is most likely not to survive, especially when seeing how big of a p2w DBO was.
    And honestly, the graphics from DBO could have been improved a lot more.

• Yes i'm sure it would've lasted longer if they expanded their market. Usually if a business refuses to expand their market it's because they'p they'd like to keep the business to their own country and homeland.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!