DBO history

• (Note: I will be editing this thread and add more to it as time progresses) I've been noticing a lot of players haven't played DBO pre TW 70 cap or even TW at all. Some of the greatest players of DBO don't have their legacy well documented on youtube, so I'd like to share it with the newer generation from my experience and give credit where credit is due. Feel free to add on to it.

SuperNamek/Skedar: Ah yes, good ol SuperNamek. Most of you probably heard of him, he was by far the best SK in the level 60 cap and had 0 trouble beating MAs. While he was very cocky and wasn't the nicest guy, he had the skills to back it up, he was about opening paths for SK and showing players how it was done on DBOCOM. Before the scouter update, he could reach 99% anti crit... Without sacrificing any LP% on jacket and pants, crazy indeed. He was a multiple time 1st place Budokai winner.

AntiObese/Attacker: First foreigner to win Scramble back in the KR days. A great SM/SK, but in my opinion a better SK. I would say, he was the first SK to set paths for the class, showing foreigners that it could be done, winning Budokai auras left and right back in TW 55 cap when DBO took a lot more skill. He wasn't a hardcore PvP player, cared more about growing stronger gear wise from PvE to put up a greater fight when he had his skills tested. He was the one of few foreigners to pioneer tactics in PvP that are still used today, such as canceling his opponents skills with stuns. A very underrated player who was taken for granted.

Zolo: The late and great Zolo. Another more familiar name by a few and has some of his early days well documented on youtube. He was the first foreigner SM to win budokai. He inspired me to make a SM. His combos as a SM were great and not just a bunch of KD spamming thrown together, they were well thought out and they packed a punch. Back in the days SM was a lot higher DMG dealer than fighter, and you saw it well in Zolo. He didn't just set paths for the SM class, but the foreigners as a whole, he had a decent attitude and was respected by many. One of the founders of ZLegends.

Blaka: The first great fighter I knew about back in the KR days. Back when most were MAs, but even then 90% of those MAs went SM, kinda like how these days most are fighter and a few SM. He knew how to build his Fighter and was very hard to hit, and won scramble gloves in KR because of it. He took on members of great guilds like Paradise and could win against them. He was one of the few MAs to stick out. The only 3 fighters that I know who were near his tier level was ZGoku, Strider, and Jocer. Even Jocer, a player whos respected by the level 70 cap community, has given him his props. Even though many see Fighters as a "easy mode" class, he showed what could be done with them when requiring skill and the right equipment. One of the first foreigners to beat floor 35 when it was hard and more than just auto attack speed.

Kienzan: The best DW period. he was a pure tank and knew how to build his class. A rare breed from Pakistan. He was one of the first Namekian players that leveled without investing any skill points into any kid skill tree attacks, to invest more into masterclass. This was before you could simply pay very cheap zenni to reset skills. He studied many tactics to help compete against the Koreans and us foreigners accomplished a lot from it because of it. It's a shame his name isn't heard of a lot because he was pretty much the only pioneer for DWs in KR period... Your everyday fighter barely left scratches on him.

Videos:

• "Bah who cares about Zolo or Attacker, they are stone age and insignificant"... Sounds like someone we all know and love lmaoo

Indeed

Skedar was the greatest player in TW if we talking about achievements (he did everything, multiple time), and he actually wasn't cocky ._. very humble~

But, past is past.

Past is past, but it's always good to know your history. I see a lot of newer players spreading false info around and it gets tiring. Also it's nice to give credit where credit is due, these players set paths and taught many players and made them what they are today, including me. Without players like these who knows how we would be playing today.

• I really appreciate this Sirab. This is the only close thing we got to the real truth of dbo and for the people talking about stone age or disrespecting us , i wish they would of said that to my face when i was around . Anything you want to know that's fact about the past just ask me. -Zolo

• Sendoku , everyone has their opinion but what comes down to this is achievements. Like we didn't have people that can lead us the way , we had to figure shit on our own and hope to find some great Korean friends . I wanna see people in here try to go into scramble with the top 5 Korean clans. People just talk just to have a voice but can you back up with action . That's what lacking in this situation. Anyways people shouldn't forget their roots.

• Some people did learn on their own tho, being an older player doesn't mean that anyone else is your "student"~

For exemple i've been using tricks that a few people who won aura used, and i didn't claim that i was the reason they used it or anything, i find it unfortunate how this thread went from nostalgia to people trying to suck their own Ds.

I keep saying that StriderSan was the motivation for my Fighter in TW (and it failed, RNG class isn't for me in the end)

And then Skedar was my motivation for Dark Warrior.

But everything i know, i've learned it on my own, lol.

And i've built my Crane Hermit by myself from scratch, same thing with my DW, looking up to someone doesn't mean that you get taught by him~

Also i don't really want people to try to become a DW or a Crane because of me, because the way my characters work is fully personal, they are characters built around my own theorycrafting, and they only suit me.

• lol I never mention someone being my student so i dont even know where you got that from . All I'm saying just remember back from open beta where the game came from . The system was different before . You winning anything on this server doesnt mean that you would be able to do back in the day . No i dont want my dck suck by anybody here , or any of the legends want to take part on that . We just want credit respectfully , not people under us and trying to worship us like a God . We to grown for this . Anyways I remember you , I heard you went crane . I thought you was the fighter bro what happen there xD

• Some people did learn on their own tho, being an older player doesn't mean that anyone else is your "student"~

For exemple i've been using tricks that a few people who won aura used, and i didn't claim that i was the reason they used it or anything, i find it unfortunate how this thread went from nostalgia to people trying to suck their own Ds.

You would know from experience though wouldn't you? Coming from the guy that spends all that money on his class then to quit it when you can't win anymore budokais with it lmao. I hear that you kicked 1/2 of your guild yesterday for not showing up to a POB dojo war. I just can't take you seriously, you're just a clown who can't seem to show respect to anyone that doesn't declare you emperor within seconds of meeting you.

• Sendoku  adrian on fire Why the hate? No but seriously, these days, "im the best" gets thrown around (funny enough by you guys aswell) in a test server so much that this thread had to be made. If you guys REALLY want to be one of the best, hold your mouths until atleast Open beta, or you'll just look goofy by anyone who knows anything about the past. And Zolo it was nothing, made this for the new players.

• Sendoku  adrian on fire Why the hate? No but seriously, these days, "im the best" gets thrown around (funny enough by you guys aswell) in a test server so much that this thread had to be made. If you guys REALLY want to be one of the best, hold your mouths until atleast Open beta, or you'll just look goofy by anyone who knows anything about the past. And Zolo it was nothing, made this for the new players.

I think he is referring to Sendoku, anyway its funny too cause sendoku is always bragging about shitting on people in this Pre open Beta then is the first guy to complain on the forums when he loses that things aren't 100% fixed.

• Well if we will talk about past, you should put names of good Chinese people who help many of us with right stats and what could work and what does it means since at beginning, you only new few stats but not even their true meaning.

I won't put name of people who helped me, my friends and us foreigners, since I forgot names of a lot of ancient players and I am afraid I would left out someone and names of people who beg for help, got it and return with shit towards them.

Before, if you used right gear for your class vs players who didn't know anything about stats, you would ofc destroy them.

Only later on, people found out what those stats means.

We all should be thankful to Daneos above all since now everyone have chance to play again and I guess show their "skills".

Cheers.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• There's a lot of stuff/players/guilds missing here; you'll probably update it though hopefully.

A list of memorable guilds would be cool.

And just to put this out there; IMO anyone who brags about achieving anything in the current state of the game seems like a twat.

The game is in POB. The game is meant to be played for testing. Who is really taking a test server competitively? A high count of the veteran player base doesn't even play atm. That being said, claiming titles of superiority is quite redundant, if not stupid. To go on bragging about it is embarrassing.

Sendoku, You give off the impression that players are lesser than you. As a dude who casually checks the status of the game every now and then; most of the posts I've seen of yours are either glorifying yourself or bashing another player. It's fair that most your rebuttals are due to the fact people are flaming you; but isn't it fair to say your brought the hate on yourself? That's not something to be proud of. Congratulations on your "achievements" though. You now join the long list of successful players of DBOG Pre-Open Beta.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!