About the scouter

• Hello, I downloaded this game yesterday, and I noticed that this game missing a feature which I am sure was available like 5 years ago in dbo.. I'm pretty sure in the past you could've turn on a scouter scanning feature with a button that scans the monsters power levels and it looked like green screen with squares or something like that. So in this game this feature is unavailable? It was one of my most favourites features in the game, saddens me a lot if this feature is not in this game as well. :(

So basically my question is about if that features is available and I just don't know how to use it, or if it's not available unfortunately :(

Edit: I found a video which shows you what I'm talking about:

• Greetings,

You need to buy new scouter.

There is one in Korin Village with that but the best one is in Aria Waterfall, that one can scan gears too.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Greetings,

You need to buy new scouter.

There is one in Korin Village with that but the best one is in Aria Waterfall, that one can scan gears too.

Hey, I bought a scouter in Korin Village, however, I still don't know how to activate the scanner itself. What I mean is im looking for the button that open the scouter UI itself, and not when clicking left click on someone to see his powerlevel, but to open the green screen scanning option. Just like in this video:

• Hello, I downloaded this game yesterday, and I noticed that this game missing a feature which I am sure was available like 5 years ago in dbo.. I'm pretty sure in the past you could've turn on a scouter scanning feature with a button that scans the monsters power levels and it looked like green screen with squares or something like that. So in this game this feature is unavailable? It was one of my most favourites features in the game, saddens me a lot if this feature is not in this game as well. :(

So basically my question is about if that features is available and I just don't know how to use it, or if it's not available unfortunately :(

What you mentioned in your post was the old scouter system, which was removed prior to the retail version of Dragon Ball Online closing down back in 2013. The developers (NTL) updated the scouter system, and removed completely the old scouter interface.

Now, scouters exist as just a cosmetic item with the features of:

• Scanning gear/equipment on players
    • Information on players and monsters (Power level, level, health, Energy, attributes, distance, hitrate and dodgerate)
    • Dragon Ball Radar (to help find dragonballs during dragon ball hunt event
    • Name of monsters

Before the old scouter system would include players to be able to obtain bonus stats (with scouter chips).

NTL changed and revamped the system after the introduction of the level 70 cap, and unfortunately even though many players did like the old scouter interface, it was unnecessary and was removed for balancing purposes.

• Hey, thanks for the reply. Kind of saddens me that this feature is no longer available, however it's fine I'll get used to it. Just one question, how do i scan gear/equpment on players?

• I'm afraid they removed the scouter chip system at some point in order to favor dogi balls. Why the first person scanning mode was removed, though..... I really dunno, that was just a cool immersion thing. Maybe they felt bothered about having to stop mid-flight to scan with the scouter, so they just made it a left-click-to-scan thing.

....that still doesn't justify making the T button turn off the scouter instead of having it be an optional first person mode, though. Why would you ever need to turn off your scouter??

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!