Feedback from a hk&tw player

• I was player in Hk ser and Tw ser since they onlined, sadly due to the bad treatment of the retailer also the low population of players, the developers decided to stop the project, all dbo ser were shutdown.

I am glad I have returned to dbo(dbog) that I have some comments after one month of trying, first of all I main Ultimate Majin, and plasma in dbog.

About Ultimate Majin:

Low chances to resist

In hk ser and tw ser there used to be had a lot more chances to resist and for ulti, it has its own passive”Ultimate Status Resistance” max level which increases the resistance rate By 302%, somehow in dbog it seem you only need to put equipment with focus (approximately 56 focus) u land most of ur status abilities especially sk’s Fear (never missed one on me) normally I would have used a lot dex equipments against karma and sk but in dbog I won’t at all course of the resistance rate seem unkind to Ulti somehow I find fighters having high resistance as always :-/

Defense K.O.

I have a some video that me and my fd as ulti against a swordsman in Budokai, you will see battle information”resist k.o” come up that there was some possibility of failing knock out , I mean in the video every time the sword man fails his k.o I was just being pushed away in a short distance, and that never happens in dbog even I maximize my ulti passive “Defense rate” with my guard opens.

https://youtu.be/B8FPHBamNiQ

https://youtu.be/DgdYXun-Nuc(2:20)

Htb bug

My first Budokai in DBOG ends with fear and out plat lol but thing is in the first round the sk used two of his htb on me and I was bug on the floor unable to get up at all, people have no responsibility to knock me out and release me from the bug in Budokai and for class like ulti that most of the time winning in draw htb bug must be fixed.

Finally I have to say those dogi effect on clothes, hair, wings etc with 40 constitution in total and lp recover 2x% on sk, crit Rate on fighter are just completely shocking :-/

Btw for Plasma, it’s own ability “Electrical discharge” is not working like come on that is one of the core ability of plasma and pls make resurrection popo for party work in Budokai lol

For developers

These following YouTube channel has many old videos of Budokai and cc 150 that might help u developing the game

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCrzLalOzrIZnWVMbULtalEw

https://youtu.be/-JFy5cGeXOI

https://m.youtube.com/user/tofupop2011

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCc1nviE0ExIUYplqnEhn-SA

• - You could try to use anti class accessory anti fear, paral, bleed?

Use that plus your base high res and you will be fine.

- Higher the resistance rate you have, higher %res will raise.

- Fighters without their res or dodge, they are dead meat, don't you think soo?

- Stacking full focus and not only that 56 as you mention with success rate neck ofc it will increase success rate.

- Defense K.O - there use to be avoid K.O. earrings too and this buff will be fixed in future.

- HTB Bug - sometime it happens, it will be fixed in future.

Dogi stats you saw, you could get them before, now are back to TW standards, check out Hardlock Dogi Ball guide.

All in all, resistance is fair, more gear and luck based, while plasma skill you mention, will be fixed.

Note: Game is still in POB stage, soo thank you for feedback.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• So as an old TW player here is my feedback for OB (going away from the view of an ultimate to the view of a human)

- You could try to use anti class accessory anti fear, paral, bleed?

Use that plus your base high res and you will be fine.

- Fighters without their res or dodge, they are dead meat, don't you think soo?

Fighters still have their first stun most possibility to win since there is no anti stun accessory and the stun goes from a far range.

- Stacking full focus and not only that 56 as you mention with success rate neck ofc it will increase success rate.

Any humans going full focus in order to hit a fighter are "dead meat, don't you think soo?"

All in all imo in Open Beta (no dex on all dogis anymore,...) you really have to look if it is balanced enough.

Like looking at budokai: if you look at the domination of Fighter and SK in solo budokai and that most of the times 70%-80% of the party finalists are either Fighter or SK, you can't tell me that it is luck based or balanced.

Imo capping the doge rate to 70% was a good step, fighters doging and resisting clearly needs some fine tuning tho.

But I guess I am the only one not playing a fighter so nobody will accept it anyways or even think that there is a balance problem. Same as every time...

Nice that the defense KO will be fixed, that thing was really nice and gives the game another possibility to counter in some situations.

• Any humans going full focus in order to hit a fighter are "dead meat, don't you think soo?"

Yes indeed but you would be kinda reckless to do that vs MA at start of fight.

Still, as turtle, if you slow them down, soo much that they can't move, you can switch to full focus and make them sleep and continue that way.

Like looking at budokai: if you look at the domination of Fighter and SK in solo budokai and that most of the times 70%-80% of the party finalists are either Fighter or SK, you can't tell me that it is luck based or balanced.

Imo capping the doge rate to 70% was a good step, fighters doging and resisting clearly needs some fine tuning tho.

You shouldn't take this as example, it is POB after all.

Most of them are with +15 and with stats on dogi that shouldn't exist in first place (%lp everywhere, %anti critic) and such.

Fighter dodge should stay as it is but their resist should be lower than ultimate majins one, since ulti is resist king.

Fighters still have their first stun most possibility to win since there is no anti stun accessory and the stun goes from a far range.

There is guard against stun, it is resistance.

Sure it doesn't resist all time but I saw some turtles and crane going with %res accessory, resistance rate accessory and dex gear.

Sure it is reckless, kinda suicide but it is that or going full anti critic to have chance to endure those critics.

One more, in TW before, going full focus would reduce duration by stun too, and this still needs to be added back too.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Yes indeed but you would be kinda reckless to that vs MA at start of fight.

Still, as turtle, if you slow them down, soo much that they can't move, you can switch to full focus and make them sleep and continue that way.

giphy.gif

00ec5ec21f8ba110a999a8925776cdbf.gif

If you tell me on what timewindow before those fighters starting to kame me

From me from my last post
    All in all imo in Open Beta (no dex on all dogis anymore,...) you really have to look if it is balanced enough.

Just saying to keep an eye on it, cause it was kinda the right topic with all that doging and resisting diskussion and the current unbalance.

• oEffy on those gifs, it is visual bug.

Fighter is near you.

You should add more slowdown on them, more than 90% to stop them or disable their skills with discs.

They are tricky to deal with, ikr.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Doesn't matter if it is a visual bug, I'm Just saying there is no timewindow to do anything.

If I disk him i have to move a bit foreward, so the first disk might hit him but he most likely stuns me with his headbut so he doesn't get the disk debuff. No accessory to decrease the stuntime either.

You can also see that there is no time to add more slowdown before getting hit.

So the only option I have is the luck that I hit him and the luck that he takes a second to long.

Thats what makes it unbalanced atm imo and where you have to keep an eye on it in OB imo

(Apart from that idk if it really allways is a visual bug. If, then that was a very long one.)

434c215b2e3e684fc3b58344b6b35ee1.gif

• If the Fighter really does go to you, you wouldn't find Fighters in Team fights killing one opponent like that and then directly stunning one from where the "visual bug" is supposed to be. As oEffy's picture suggests, after he died, the fighter just went on and tried dashing backwards to attack the Karma that should be way behind him, however, he isn't he's like 12 meters away and you can see that.

It's not a visual bug, it's just a bug XD

Defense Rate atm has no value at all as I'm seeing. You're supposed to resist more with Guard ON when you have higher Defense Rate, that doesn't happen.

Due to the sad Resistance nerf that was supposed to fix Fighters godliness with 2 56% resist rings, Resist accessories were capped at a 60% max, making Ultis not allowed to do much beside look for another way to resist, possibly a ton of DEX, which is a suicide mission if you don't have accessories to boost it anyways...

Yes indeed but you would be kinda reckless to do that vs MA at start of fight.

Going full foc to get the first hit is not really reckless, it's just a way to try dealing with how Unfair MA's dodge/resist actually is. Rarely does it ever work since atm people with 300+ foc miss twice or more in a row against Fighters. Karmas and Cranes (including the video sendoku posted complaining about this exact issue)

Slowing them and making them not move isn't as easy as you think it is when hitting them is rare and hard.

Add to that the fact that using Slow on them makes them still able to both use Headbutt and still be IN RANGE to hit the Turtle/Crane.

Ungeared Pokos can land Para on Ultis almost all the time, very rare to resist, and Pokos have less than 90 foc.

Seems to me like 300+ FOC not hitting a class that can kill with 1 shot vs. 90 FOC hitting a class that has possibly the lowest damage output is slightly unfair, don't you think?

Anyways, this game has long ways to go to become balanced :/ it's a matter of waiting I guess.

• This game should be deeper than just equipping gear. You got things like SK who's a tank but has OP DoTs (One of those OP DoTs also heals them), 1 shots, Karma's OP stun spam that just needs bad CD gear (Not to mention they dont really even NEED good upgraded armor), high amounts of speed%, etc. Now before someone comes saying "Oh well that's just Dbo." No, that's 70 cap Dbo.

Dbog needs more than just buffing all the low tier/ mid tier classes, the whole meta needs to be changed or it will stay RNG, and to do so the staff will need a good plan and good team to do so, and the team should be voted on. I hope the plan wasn't just to make a thread and let every newbie try and insert their input because that was already done and it was a disaster. There's a huge difference between balance and making this game take skill.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!