PvP Steroids

• So after trying out Grand Chef and Dark Warrior I noticed they aren't terrible classes, they're actually quite decent, it's just when you fight classes with "steroids" is the real issue since they don't have any. What are "steroids"? They are OP skills/class items. Now imo instead of giving GC and DW their own steroids why not just nerf the other classes steroids, since it will remove a ton of the rng from PvP and also make it take so much more skill. Need proof it will? Kid budokai. What makes Kid Budokai so respected is that it takes a lot more skill and less RNG, what makes it like that? No class in it has a OP aspect about them except DC, which is why so many make them.

(Note: all the changes below must all come together in one package, not one or two, or it will be a huge imbalance. Also this will obviously effect PvE but it's not like that didn't need major adjustments to begin with as well. Also I want to note that I don't think i'm some kind of genius with this stuff, most of this stuff was from how things were in KR, back when no one complained about PvP balance.)

Here's are what I think are steroids for classes in DBOG and a vitamin (minor buff) to replace it with and I will be adding more with more proper research:

Steal Life: Like I said, I actually played DW, which is heavily based off naturally having loads of P def. Now SL, is based off P def, and when I was fighting a SK who was equally geared to me, he used that and bam he healed faster than I could deal damage. Ridiculous. It's a strong DoT that also heals you, do I need to say more? I understand SK needs to be Phy and Eng so why not just buff Cleave and nerf SL? It's Phy and based off dodge so this will help them against Ultis since they just resist SK's whole kit.

Hesitation: Okay 1 minute CD and 23 duration, looking at it from the skill calculator you wouldn't see it as such a huge problem, then you play it and see the damn CD reduction is -36 seconds... Making it so you don't even need upgraded armors because you just skill lock your opponent, and you can go full speed so you don't even need a upgraded sub weapon... Not to mention you only need mediocre CD rings to spam it. It's just sad really. The RP ability would make more sense if the CD was more like 2 minutes, I don't even think this needs a vitamin to replace it since Karma's are really good.

Needle's "Damage increased when a critical hit is successful": The reason why they gave them that cancerous effect is because needle's bleed could easily be countered with a good anti bleed necklace because the duration was 10 seconds. What should have been done is made the duration longer but nerfed a bit the damage of the bleed for proper balance. For example HSN: 16 seconds bleed SHSN: 18 seconds bleed. That of course is also a vitamin.

Dodge Pot/Thunder: These two pretty much gives Fighter's a free round depending on what class he chooses to use it on. No classes should have class exclusive items like this since it's very unfair for others. And Thunder is a OP DPS move, that even has some players thinking Fighter is supposed to be more of a DPS than SM. For the Vitamins to replace them, make solar flare -90% when maxed instead of 70% like it already was at one point. Sure, unlike dodge pot it has to land, but it's better because you can use it every match-up. Also make Swiftness 20 seconds CD. This will also make fighter's show their true meaning.

Super Kame/Con. Disks/Giant Kame's "Damage increased when a critical hit is successful": These two skills make a turtle required for party budokai. One good crit and boom your whole party is dead. The effects should all be deleted since one shots are an obvious steroid. As a vitamin Giant Kame's CD should be lowered and Scatter Shot should be buffed to around 589 dmg and 296% maxed for exmaple, which would also make this class more than just a bunch of kamehameha waves.

Multiple Sword Slashes KD: With reflect now not being able to be kill like it should be, this is just more OP than ever and takes no skill to pull off and i'm a SM main myself. Also they were never meant to have this and was added later on in the game, they are mainly a DPS, not a single target Plasma majin like some think. Just remove it entirely. As a vitamin I would buff MSS to 868 367% dmg for example.

Dragon's Punishment: It's kinda balanced since it takes up 1/3 of their EP pool but nonetheless it still heals you up really good. The LP recovery should be around 716% maxed for example. DW's always needed a larger EP pool being only 4k, so that should be their vitamin, to around 7k EP for example, I mean what's the point of having all that LP but your EP is at 0 during long fights?

Pleasant Feeling: What the skill does is fine, it's just the CD on it. This is one of the main reasons why Ultis trash SMs, because a SM can land 1 kidney and he'll cure himself, and by the time it lands again PF will be off CD again. Maxed it should be 40 seconds CD, since they're already built off resistance. As we all know Ultis are very OP but under played because you're forced to be fat or a girl as your character. As a vitamin make Res% on equips capped at 120%.

Bold Strike: This alone is what makes any unskilled SK pretty much dominate any Fighter/SM who isn't very smart. Why should something so tanky even have such a strong DoT? SK was meant to only be a bit stronger DPS than DW, not have all these really good DoTs like Curse, Steal life, and Bold Strike. The bleed should be removed since the base damage on humans is already really good, and as a vitamin makes props to the way they were before (For all classes aswell). Since they won't be a strong DoT class I don't think props will be as overpowered on SKs as it was before.

Crit %: Now I know everyone who plays a crit reliant class is going to start raging but hear me out. It's stupid DPS classes has to crit to deal good dmg. Even SM's base dmg with x1.5 from behind effect WITH glaring slash on a tank is pathetic, even non tanks with full +15 armor can tank just 1 +15 sword crit. Also I hear people wanting it so STR/SOL is good enough to equip, like it was in KR, so I think buffing up STR/SOL to how it once was is good, so it's more consistent and less RNG, but of course crit % has to be capped. I remember it was like this for a couple days in DBOG and all the DPS classes were happy because they felt like a DPS, but crits were just broken since crit % wasn't capped and that's all that was needed to be done. It should be 1 STR/SOL for SM/turtle = 3 P/E dmg, Fighter/Karma/Plasma = 2 P/E dmg. Crit % should be capped at whatever 1 legendary crit % weapon gives off at the current cap. This will lead to much more options for DPS aswell instead of just stacking crit %. Crit rate or STR/SOL gloves? Or even CON or STR/SOL pants? Turtle's crit % buff will be useless though so the Crit% in it should be SOL instead.

• No one wants to see nerfs to every class just so the that classes without "steroids" feel like they do actually have them. An easier way would be to just balance them out instead. Nerfing almost every class just because they have something extra is silly because you are stripping content while you can actually add content instead (making the game more valuable to play)

Some classes are naturally made to counter other classes, such is the case with steal life (I am not saying that the skill is not extremely powerful)

Hesitation, yeah obviously, we all know that kind of stuff... hell, looking at it from the outside without the RP effect still makes it look insanely powerful.

Hopefully a buff/nerf system becomes a thing. Since new content probably won't be added, making all the content feel different once in a while would be cool (and actually provide a generally more fun experience).

• The issue with steal life is that you need 2 types of def against SK if you are a human, chef, plasma. Bold Strike already does more bleed dmg than any crane DOT so e def is necessary, but then you need tons of p def because he will win the match with steal life alone if u go for an e def set, and he has a 100% up time on the skill if it doesn't resist. SK has a ton OP things while other classes that are middle tier only have 1 or none at all. And This is coming from an SK main since kr so there is 0 bias.

Hesitation just need rp effect deleted.

• Hopefully a buff/nerf system becomes a thing.

That's what this thread is for though. To help with that.

Hesitation, yeah obviously, we all know that kind of stuff... hell, looking at it from the outside without the RP effect still makes it look insanely powerful.

GMs have said that you can still block and HTB as an argument to why hesitation isn't broken. I get that you don't like me but i'm actually trying to make the game take more skill and make it better unlike you who just likes to bash every thread to boost your post count no one cares about.

No one wants to see nerfs to every class just so the that classes without "steroids" feel like they do actually have them. An easier way would be to just balance them out instead. Nerfing almost every class just because they have something extra is silly because you are stripping content while you can actually add content instead (making the game more valuable to play)

Some classes are naturally made to counter other classes, such is the case with steal life (I am not saying that the skill is not extremely powerful)

You need to learn how to read on top of that, you say no one wants to see a bunch of nerfs but just instead nerf and buff, well....

Here's are what I think are steroids for classes in DBOG and a vitamin (minor buff) to replace it with and I will be adding more with more proper research:

• I just see stuff you miss there mate.

1. You forgot auto pots, pots, senzu and food that heals too.

2. You forgot classes that one shot even SK with 1 press on button

While you can set life steal on them that is based on patk of axe and pdef of your armor, it goes around 1k at the best for 30 sec,

unless you resist it.

Plus I was testing it with DW, he heals way more than I can with life steal, he can instantly get full HP or close to it while SK can't.

Bold strike on other hand, if you use anti bleed neck, now you can get 60% anti bleed on it, you reduce bleeding a lot, plus almost every class with dex can dodge it (crane happen to dodge it in ranked few times).

Like I said, unless every class is touched or changed, do not request changing skills of other classes too.

Only skill that I see broken now is karma hesitation skill, since unless you are tanker class, you really have no chance vs karma to endure all his dmg, unless you resist it or HTB karma.

One more, if and when it will be changed and balanced will happen in balance stage of course.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I just see stuff you miss there mate.

1. You forgot auto pots, pots, senzu and food that heals too.

2. You forgot classes that one shot even SK with 1 press on button

1. I feel like auto pots should be bought from merchant for zenni and senzus idk but there should be more ways to earn them

2.Yeah I didn't have time to add everything at the time but i'll add much more now.

While you can set life steal on them that is based on patk of axe and pdef of your armor, it goes around 1k at the best for 30 sec,

unless you resist it.

Plus I was testing it with DW, he heals way more than I can with life steal, he can instantly get full HP or close to it while SK can't.

Dragon's Punishment is a unique steroid which I will be adding, it's unique because it has it's huge cons. Sure it heals you really good, but guess what? It has a massive CD of 1:12, doesn't do much damage, and also it takes up 1/3 of your EP. Also no, okay the DW heals back once, but then he has to wait a whole minute and 12 seconds. Steal life on the other hand is a consistent but slower heal, and it deals high consistent damage aswell, and the duration is the same as the CD so if it wears off just pop it back on. Not to mention the DW can't out DPS the heal. See the huge difference? Steal life is so OP it's a problem for a class with massive P def and LP.

Like I said, unless every class is touched or changed, do not request changing skills of other classes too.

That's the mission.

• You still missing one shot classes where DOT's dmg in compare to them, means nothing.

Plus like I said, it can be resisted, you can heal and trust me, if you set 1 life steal on someone, you are lucky.

Still DMG of life steal on DW means nothing, if he use pots as I stated above plus instant heal.

One more, DW will speed weapons, CD earrings can have RP balls and with it, it can almost spam DP.

Now if we compare SK PVP engine vs DPS classes, that means, pray to to block critics or you shall die since most of your skills will be resisted, if you get chance to attack that is.

Prop nerf on SK it was alright, he isn't that strong or tankish as it was before, unless you get +12 or higher gear and now since reflect can not kill, all you need to do, is make sure that SK can't move, as SM class doing, end up killing you with 1 HP lol.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• You still missing one shot classes where DOT's dmg in compare to them, means nothing.

Why do you love to ignore half of people's posts? Like I said I didn't have time and I still don't have time to add everything, it's going to take a couple days.

Plus like I said, it can be resisted, you can heal and trust me, if you set 1 life steal on someone, you are lucky.

As if every class has good resistance, and you can't choose what to resist, so even if you're playing a fighter it can still land not to mention you need so much gear and not enough slots to counter SK as Josh mentioned. And like I mentioned, if they nerfed SL and gave you guys a good buffed out Cleave, it'd help you against Ulti's, it's based off dodge rate and you will need a good dodge rate move against them and has a nice KD. Or do you want to continue being curb stomped by Ultis?

One more, DW will speed weapons, CD earrings can have RP balls and with it, it can almost spam DP.

Like I said before that move drains 1/3 of their EP, so no that won't really work even with a EP autopot. That's also a steroid like I said before that I will be adding so it's not going to be as good.

Still DMG of life steal on DW means nothing, if he use pots as I stated above plus instant heal.

You're just being biased at this point. Those items have CDs, and steal life isn't just a problem for DW, humans aswell, pretty much read what Josh said he explains it well why steal life should be nerfed. Also are you saying a DW, the best tank in the game, should have to use all his pots just for one dmg skill that's from another tank? Yeah, that's not OP at all.

• Sirab I didn't see that Sendoku on DW have any problem with dealing vs SK, not even 1 killed him and not only on budokai...

Life steal and Bold is only weapon SK have plus if you upgrade your crafted gear, it won't be that high, like I say at the best is around 1k, if your axe is higher upgraded than def of guy you face.

I can't agree with you that SK does need any change if you compare how everyone does hit.

Heck even majin spins are OP, if we continue like this, they will be nerfed too.

If you compare now Ultimate majins and SK, you can clearly see that Ultimate have every advantage over SK and still I do not see you mention one critic problem in last end game, broken high dmg majin spin skill that deals high dmg and immune to all and everything else.

Unless you touch all classes, nothing will be changed, I think this is fair.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Iceman You're the only player I know who thinks SK isn't OP. Also you're just repeating the same things i've already debunked and Josh has debunked. So yeah, no need to repeat myself about SK.

Also about Ulti's spin it has his flaws, sure it's strong but you have to be in range, opponent has to have 0 anti candy for him to be in range long enough, and it leaves you vulnerable right after it's done. Also you sound like you stay in one spot trying to attack, it doesn't matter that it gives 0% chance to dodge and resist because you again have to be in range so you can just dash away freely. It's not a steroid.

• I don't know how you think I was bashing the thread, I was saying that I kinda agree and wish there would be a system where buffs and nerfs apply...

I was reinforcing the point you made before when I said the second part, so don't quote yourself saying that you said that...

I don't hate on people just because of a few posts I dislike, I would much rather agree with what's correct...

Anyways, if you think I hate you, that's fine... you're entitled to think what you want. I'll just say that I hold no grudges towards you at all.

• Well everything you said this thread wasn't, it was. Also I never said you hated me, just said you disliked me, and if you're saying you don't okay no arguement there. But yeah this thread is strictly to make the game better, more balanced, and take more skill.

• Hesitation: Okay 1 minute CD and 23 duration, looking at it from the skill calculator you wouldn't see it as such a huge problem, then you play it and see the damn CD reduction is -36 seconds... Making it so you don't even need upgraded armors because you just skill lock your opponent, and you can go full speed so you don't even need a upgraded sub weapon... Not to mention you only need mediocre CD rings to spam it. It's just sad really. The RP ability would make more sense if the CD was more like 2 minutes, I don't even think this needs a vitamin to replace it since Karma's are really good.

No argument that Hesitation is OP af, but there's no need to exaggerate. Karmas can be VERY easily countered by stacking energy reflect% + skilled dashing and autoattacking w/ +15 gloves inbetween KD intervals.

^That's the only way Tung was able to effectively own my Karma at 1v1 :o

If you take away the broken Hesistation skill, Karmas should at least get buffed damage output. I swear, Karma skills have some of the most lackluster Dmg i have ever seen for a freaking "DPS" class.... -.-

Also, slightly off topic, but before I forget....

• Karma isn't a DPS class, that's never been said by anyone. They're an OKAY DPS in PvE, but they aren't built to do high damage.

Karma is a "debuffer."

I don't see how dashing is such a great idea, unless you lag really hard, skilled dashing is almost impossible to do against a good ping Karma.

"autoattacking w/ +15 gloves inbetween KD intervals." Not everyone has +15 gloves to autoattack from range on a Karma and the number of people with +15 gloves sure as hell gonna be way less in Open Beta.

In my opinion, since I played Karma for multiple years in TW, I think that Hesitation would not be so "broken" if it just had it's RP effect removed.

So as I see it, removing RP effect for CD and maybe raising its CD to like 1 minute and 20 seconds, that would be a good update to look at.

You don't want to kill the skill, nor do you want to keep it broken. But hey, this is all speculations in hopes of change as of now.

• If your karma get owned by Tung it doesn't mean that karma is easy to counter, it just means that you are a very bad player.

Tung looked like a fool vs CatBug.

I owned Tung a few times initially, but he soon adapted with the method I outlined in my above post. I was quite impressed to say the least (I have only met a select few, maybe 4 total Sks who have been able to compete with me at 1v1). Goris (aka CatBug) not being one of them :P

Karma isn't a DPS class, that's never been said by anyone. They're an OKAY DPS in PvE, but they aren't built to do high damage.

Karma is a "debuffer."

Wouldn't a proper debuff class have a few more... you know debuffs in their arsenal? >.> The only one of note in the Karma skill tree is Hesitation. Evasion Masking is pretty meh.

Fighter - DPS

Swordie - DPS

Crane - DPS/ Debuffer

Turtle - DPS

Shadow Knight - Tank/ DPS

Dark Warrior - Tank

Dende - Healer

Poko - DPS/ Healer

Ulti - Buffer/ Tank

Chef - Buffer/ Tank

Plasma - DPS

Karma - DPS

^This was my understanding of the basic role assignments in DBO, notwithstanding minor classifications such as CC or Support :o

• No argument that Hesitation is OP af, but there's no need to exaggerate. Karmas can be VERY easily countered by stacking energy reflect% + skilled dashing and autoattacking w/ +15 gloves inbetween KD intervals.

^That's the only way Tung was able to effectively own my Karma at 1v1 :o

If you take away the broken Hesistation skill, Karmas should at least get buffed damage output. I swear, Karma skills have some of the most lackluster Dmg i have ever seen for a freaking "DPS" class.... -.-

Hesitation alone changes the meta of PvP, any non consistent resisting class has to worry about that 1 skill alone. Also we won't have a bunch of duped +15 auto attack speed gloves in Open beta like how we do right now, also about reflect karmas have a nice self heal, they can remove buffs, decrease dodge rate, and that leads to another thing. Karmas have such a good kit but Hesitation is so OP that they don't even take full advantage of it, that's why I didn't even give them a vitamin.

That's how it should be.

• I did not read the whole thread but just gonna say something.

I hope you guys are not forgetting PVE. As an example turtle already get nerfed pretty hard compared to tw. I don't think that there will be a reason to pick turtle for pve if you nerf his crit dmg even more and also for pvp it was always like fighter > turtle. If you look at the parties for budokai you will see that nearly everyone has a fighter and nearly no one takes a turtle. Because turtle = 0 defense 1 prop = 0,5% def no dodge no resist no life = dead

• First of all, why are you coming up with those random spells and basedamage increases?
    Second all classes were balanced over years by experienced game designers, not early pro KR players like you.
    Every class has it's pros and cons for example the DW is total trash in partybudokai whereas in solo he has better chances after prelims. Fighter is good in both party and solo, while turtle is only good in party. So Fighters and Turtles are a high risk high reward class. Either you are lucky and wipe them out with some skills or you are oneshot by any tank. So there is no need to nerf the damage aspects of any of the mentioned classes.

• I do agree that SKs need a nerf somewhere but I don't think they're as OP as everyone makes them out to be. The two broken classes are Karmas and Female turtles, but everyone lacks the brain cells to play them.

It just takes too much effort and gear to counter SKs. Having 2 types of defense against a class is always going to be troublesome. This is the real toxic aspect of the class, bleeding damage would nullified if people wore full energy defence.

Perhaps, life drain could be turned into a fixed damage DoT and not based of from the Physical offence (Axe).

CatBug) not being one of them :P

Dear ChocolateCrane/MarshmallowFluff I've never fought you, and no I'm not an SK.

Maybe this would help in defeating your opponents. You don't have to necessarily kill your opponents to win the match-up. Seriously, getting past their insane reflect combined with LP% and even greater E def is too troublesome.

Also, try avoid using speed as it gives them RP which then leads to HTBs.

As for the whole gear "issue", at that point in time I was only using +8~+10 gear and weapons.

I'm not claiming a victory against Tung tho as the game is still in a bugged state, I hope we could get a rematch once everything gets fixed :P

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!