Current state of Resistance Rate / Defense Rate

• Hey DBOG Community,

Well.. title of this thread is suggestive. I want to know how does Defense Rate are working currently, since I can’t feel any difference on stuns reduction or anything like that using a 437 boots.

Also, I heared that Resistance Rate % were limited. Ej.: 56% ring 2x + 300sh% ultimate passive + Popo necklace (100) + 126 might buff doesn’t accumulate? If no, what’s the limit?

Appreciated for your attention and help! ;)

• defence rate used to give you a chance to ''block'' normal attacks, increase chance to guard against a skill, and to avoid a knockdown if i remember correctly

Defense rate - reduce dmg of auto attack and that is all.

I do not know is it fixed by now, but when I was around, it didn't work as it should.

Soo higher defense rate you have, less dmg you get from auto attacks.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• it should get revamp

Well defense rate really do not need any revamp since really no one would really use that over their "main" stats.

You would use that instead of con, %lp and dex, I don't think soo xD.

It is good vs auto attack classes anyway, just needs to be fixed.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Defense rate - reduce dmg of auto attack and that is all.

I do not know is it fixed by now, but when I was around, it didn't work as it should.

Is that you saying that it's how it's supposed to be ?

Because that's wrong, cashalot pointed it perfectly.

• Defense rate - reduce dmg of auto attack and that is all.

Well defense rate really do not need any revamp since really no one would really use that over their "main" stats.

You would use that instead of con, %lp and dex, I don't think soo xD.

It is good vs auto attack classes anyway, just needs to be fixed.

Hello.. I'm a Defense Rate user since TW, i just love its animation when it procs while fighting and blocking automatically some or lots of attacks like dbz heheh, it worked really good at my main Grand Chef  (i had gear with Defense Rate and i was using <Defense Up> <Guarding Breeze> both maxed) at solo/party since most mobs just use Auto Attacks and talking about the KD's im sure it helps against em plus improving our Guard skill and like the Resistance all classes should have a base Defense Rate.., the only thing i don't fully remember is if it works against stuns (it have a dizzy animation) like resistances to paralyzes (totally immobilized), but i think it should (if not, maybe it can be tweaked to make it works against stunts?).

Warrior <Draconic Defense> and Mighty Majin <Guarding Breeze> both of em have an interesting description, they increase the Defense Rate by XX plus XX% KD's guard, and adding the Warrior <Draconic Resistence>  which increase Resistances by XX plus XX% to guard status effects or Debuffs.. Taking that in count, we can imagine the Defense Rate truly works against KD's like Resistances to Debuffs.

I remember a post at dbocom, someone said the Defense Rate had a negative effect with %LP (or maybe a bug which i think it can be fixed today), if Defense Rate procs while you are buffed/using %LP, you almost take the full damage but since i had low~mid %LP gear (18~19%) and/or maybe i was enjoying the moment and/or i was really focused with my party/friends than honestly i didn't noticed that "bug" or negative effect:dsweat: .

At pvp, i don't know, it was real hard to do it with a heavily unbalanced class for it without talking about the Nerf of Spirit Drain.

• Is that you saying that it's how it's supposed to be ?

Because that's wrong, cashalot pointed it perfectly.

It isn't stats we cared about much back then but I just know that you would get less dmg from auto attack.

Avoid KD or skills almost never happen and that "block" was rare af, I am just saying about what I am sure about, since chance for that was almost non-existent.

Still I wouldn't mind that stuffs what Cashalot pointed work in DBOG and even if there is need to enhance, increase it to be useful.

At least for that "avoid KD/Skills", that would be cool.

Many will say they use it, IT IS GOOD, but in reality no one used them because it SUX.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!