Revamp 1k Slash or buff Crane #don'tignorethis

• I remember when normal 1k Slash without Power RP dealt way less damage than with Power RP, why not return that? Crane is nowhere an OP Class and 1k Slash was their Identity Skill, just like Kamehameha from Turtles and Needles from Fighters.

Non-RP 1k Slash = 40-45% DOT Explosion Damage

Power-RP 1k Slash = 70% DOT Explosion Damage

The Skill has a cooldown of 2 minutes (without Skill Cooldown)

If you don't buff the damage then reduce the Skills CD to 1 minute. (without Skill Cooldown)

I did some testing and 1x Mystical Crane Typhoon does 485 Bleeding against Mobs (Bleeding can be reduced in duration) -> without Power RP

That's 14.550 in 30 Seconds in total

and 40~45% 1k Slash are 5.820 ~ 6.547 damage.

A Bold Strike of SK does 2044 Bleeding Damage (+15 and on 2854 ENG DEF)

Sure a DOT that lasts 1 minute shouldn't deal that much damage, because it adds up. But it takes way too long to actually kill someone, especially with a nerfed 1K Slash and a 2 min cooldown. Not to mention Shadow Knight is a freaking TANK Class, and they do more DPS than a avg Crane in PvP. What's next? Nerfing Dark Warrior?

The Video shows a 1K Slash of 29.954 ( 70% DOT Explosion Damage )

29.954 * 1,30 to show the 100% DOT Damage = 38.940

38,940 Total DOT Damage / 30 Seconds = 1.298 Bleeding DOT.

1K Slash clearly stayed the same in retail DBO, why change it here?

Basically, if you need to use 1 RP to use full 1k Slash damage, it'd be way more "balanced" than it is now. I mean 1x 1k Slash does average 40-45% Dot Explosion Damage instead of it's respective 70%. If you nerf a class based on a damage skill (yes, it ignores Def, but it requires me to put Dots on you to use it, and if you are bad enough to let me do so - is it really Cranes fault to be punished?), shouldn't you also nerf Turtle Hermits and Fighters?

Another Idea would be making the Crane DOT's like Shadow Knights Bold Strike and make them also PHY DEF & ENG DEF based.

Just like I mentioned in this thread Gib Crane Book #Buff crane please

Crane is in serious need of a buff. Don't listen to these nubs that base arguments on "Platform".

• ill correct you on 1k slash it does 35% dot splash not 40%

I prefer revamping cranes main passive over thousand slashes myself, I truly believe cranes main passive is the cause of there problems not thousands slashes.

if there passive was changed to get the damage off in say 20 seconds instead of a minute and just increase the % of dot damage to double (so 238% ) I can see it working very well for both pve and pvp.

why am I saying only increase the 100 % damage by 2.38 times for only a 1/3 the duration, because cranes can crank off dots enough dots to kill there targets, and most of there dots are aoe. I think this is a fair compensation

so heres how I broke down the passive for each upgrade

lvl 30

increase dot damage by 10%

lvl 38

increase dot damage by 30%

lvl 46

increase dot damage by 70%

increase dot duration by 4 sec

lvl 54

increase dot damage by 120%

increase dot duration by 4 sec

lvl 62

increase dot damage by 170%

increase dot duration by 10 sec

lvl 70

increase dot damage by 238%

increase dot duration by 10 sec

also inorder for this passive to be fair mysctical crane typhoon, and crane cyclone would only be able to have 3 sp on it so the damage wont be too ridiculous,

dodon ray barrage would have to be changed as well probably limit the sp to 2 instead of 4

anyways what does the crane community think of this suggestion

• I can clearly see your idea and it'd be a cool change, because it makes Crane a fast paced Killer.

The Mystical Crane Typhoon on 5/5 WITHOUT RP (Don't base arguments too much on RP, because Crane's barely use them in PvP, on Damaging Skills atleast)

-> does 346 Bleeding Damage * 2,50 (250%) = 865 DOT Damage over 20 Seconds

865 DOT Damage * 10 = 8650 Damage in total.

If we compare it to 1 minute:

-> does 346 Bleeding Damage * 1,18 (118%) = 408 DOT Damage over 60 Seconds

408 DOT Damage * 30 = 12.248 Damage in total.

If we add RP to the Skill:

-> does 771 Bleeding Damage * 2,50 (250%) = 1928 DOT Damage over 20 Seconds

1928 DOT Damage * 10 = 19280 Damage in total.

This change makes 1K Slash harder to use, because the overall damage output done by DOTs will be weaker. But it enables the ability for Crane's to win easier without 1k Slash. But it would also be a bit broken somehow.

Imagine I get you in PvP with my Sleep, I use a KD and a full RP on Burn + Freeze:

453 Burn Damage * 2,50 (250%) = 1.133 DOT Damage over 20 Seconds

1.133 DOT Damage * 10 = 11.330 DOT Damage in 20 Seconds

Freeze lasts 25 Seconds = If you are unlucky, you are dying in 1 Combo

If you are revamping 1K Slash back to 70% and reduce the Duration by DOTs and increase the DMG in DOTs, we got a good balance between both things and that'd work very well in PvP.

1K Slash will do the same Damage as it does now, but Crane will also be able to kill in a shorter time

• Ill admit yea my idea isn't perfect

I would not call cranes a face pace killer compared to the other dps classes but I think my suggestion would help them in pvp and pve equally without making it too problematic.

I think my idea can be implemented But it may need tweeks, either on the % of damage maybe we remove rp ball on solid bleed , mystical crane typhoon, crane cyclone, dodon ray, dodon ray barrage. may help non cranes deal with it.

• Silly boxbox,

Your idea will not fly cause fighters will begin to cry.

Althought I think this idea is the right direction to go for cranes I doubt the dbog team will ever implement it, they seem to have the idea that cranes are ok as they are right now.

Your not a pivotal member of the team ; so unless I hear it from a guy like daneos or mr tempest say that this is a good idea I wont have any hope for this idea.

*peace

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!