Pop Team Epic

• I was struggling whether to make this thread on "off topic" or in the "anime" one, but ended up making one here,

perhaps i'll make an another one which will have video focus instead, unless someone manages to do so before me.

So, i'm not too familiar with this "series", but according to how i remember, it was originally a manga made by Ōkawa Bkub who made Touhou stuff (avoiding the further details), and it grew so popular in meme fandom, so it ended up becoming an anime. It's very recent too, it was meant to be aired during 2017, but got moved to 2018

of January.

Basically, it's meant to troll you, humor you and all that jazz, and i'd like to know if anyone here is interested or excited about it, or simply not interested

or annoyed even. I also brought it up due to the voice actor of Frieza voicing one of the girls in the anime, so that's another reason i made this thread.

I wouldn't mind adding a video here so people would get a better understanding, but i think videos are mostly meant for "off topic", so i won't.

• Do post a video, I'd be interested in seeing what this anime brings to the table

Well, i went through the forum rules and there wasn't exactly a part where you can't submit a video link on off topic thread.
    Let alone it's literally a video of pop team epic, so it should be fine. Of course, the show might have some bad words
    and such, so i'll pick the safest one of the bunch.

Basically it's humor based show, can be too hard or random to understand, but
    i didn't have too much trouble at understanding it myself.

Again, the show might be offensive for some, such as the characters showing a middle finger and all,
    but still felt like giving it a try and making a thread about it, especially since the anime is brand new.

Perhaps not the best one to bring up due to some forum rules, but nothing else seemed to catch my attention,
    or i'm trying to be too careful, hard to say.

• Sick GIF, where did you find it from? Imgur or something?
    Character's also from Neptunia or something, i forgot the proper name of

the series, let alone the character...i do remember the name also had a
    word dimension or alike.

How long have you known about Pop team epic, Kirito ?

• Sick GIF, where did you find it from? Imgur or something?
    Character's also from Neptunia or something, i forgot the proper name of

the series, let alone the character...i do remember the name also had a
    word dimension or alike.

How long have you known about Pop team epic, Kirito ?

I found it on Google some time ago. It's a parody of Neptune, from Hyperdimension Neptunia, yes.

Uhh well, I've known about it for a long time now, before even the anime was out, from seeing memes of it on discord. But I started watching it a few days after episode 2 was out. I already kinda knew what to expect, but it was still fun trolling a couple of friends with it.

• I found it on Google some time ago. It's a parody of Neptune, from Hyperdimension Neptunia, yes.

Uhh well, I've known about it for a long time now, before even the anime was out, from seeing memes of it on discord. But I started watching it a few days after episode 2 was out. I already kinda knew what to expect, but it was still fun trolling a couple of friends with it.

Oh, good old google.
    Ahh...yes yesss, that's the one, sugoi, honto ni sugoi.

I see, and before the anime was out? I guess that's fair, although the anime aired during this very January.
    I should totally look more of those memes, my life requires more of them poptepipic meems.
    Awesome, and absolutely, hope this one runs as long as possible, and does waay better than the
    ugandan knuckles meme, it's not exactly dead yet, but clearly isn't doing as well as it was at start.

• Well, yeah, I meant memes from the webcomics, which have been around for a while.

Ugandan Knuckles is dead (at least outside of VRChat), but it might still be able to get a couple layers of irony. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fughrd6.png

• Right, it is a weird thought of seeing seperate memes of the actual webcomics.
    Although i did see a jojo version of poptepipic with its own meme on youtube so...dunno what to call that.

Oof, may Ugandan Knuckles rest in pepperonies, and hope so, it honestly died way too fast.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!