[Brown Boxes]- Discussion & Suggestion

• Hello everyone.

I want to discuss about Brown Boxes.

I think they need to be relocated to regular shop (rats one with pots or healing food) or to be in crafting system.

1. Regular Shop - cost 1 milon of zeni each

2. Crafting system - silver coins (or anything you guys suggest) should be materials and 1 milion of zeni each

3. TMQ Raid - Do TMQ 5-6 and as reward get 5 brown boxes binded with 20% of chance ( adrian on fire suggestion)

Brown Boxes are heavy based on luck, it is as re- crafting gear again and they shouldn't be super limited as they are now.

In order to get stats you want, you will need to spend tons of time as free player or real cash in order to get them and still that does not guarantee that you will get stats you desire.

In order for everyone to gain access to types of gear they want (most of them are hard to get as TMQ ones, UD, BID ones and many legendary ones) and they come with shit stats.

Players should be able to use many sets with stats they want in order to be competitive in PVP and PVE and to have fun.

If you have any ideas about this or want to suggest better than I suggest it, please feel free but waiting world boss event, getting 1 or 2 per week isn't good.

About adrian on fire suggestion maybe it is better to add exchange material item and to exchange it and some zeni for brown boxes soo it becomes zeni sink too.

[infobox]NOTE: Please keep it civile, respect DBOG rules and don't give DBOG Staff members extra job to monitor even this thread! Thank you.[/infobox]

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

Edited once, last by Iceman ().

• That's a really good idea mate. However, it wouldn't make sense to have it in both places at the price you've mentioned. In regular shop I'd be giving 1kk per box, but in craft shop I'd be paying 1kk + silver coins lol.

Also, consider the other role that boxes play :

They act as a pseudo-currency of much higher value than zeni, and in an economy akin to POB, that is crucial, as it allows people to conduct transactions with items whose value are well over 4kkk, the inventory limit on zeni.

This might not be the case in Open Beta though, since POB is this inflated solely due to bugs.

But, that does not mean that we cannot consider the possibility of a similar bug occurring in Open Beta too. If that happens, there would be no market for expensive items as you'd have to bring in an element of trust.

However, under the assumption that no such bug will happen in OB, it is an excellent idea, and will go a long way in helping free players, and making this game a little less p2w.

Cheers mate

• Tbh, do Staffs even read these? None of the Suggestions I've seen so far were ever implemented. Good job if you get it through tho

We do read suggestions some stuff has been implemented ie revamping the token shop for instance, flight system revamped

as well as a weekly reset all came from the suggestions from the forums

• We do read suggestions some stuff has been implemented ie revamping the token shop for instance, flight system revamped

only the weekly skill reset is creditable because people were complaining on why they have to spent $20 dollar to reset their skill tree (at the time) and even then so I remember some of the staff members being against it, but everything else you listed was pretty much pre-planned. For example a GM made that token shop revamp topic.

Anyways I hope something happen with brown boxes because as of right now only way to get a lot of them quickly is by cashing at least $20-40 USD. And a lot of people have mention this a lot of times on forums and still nothing happen ya know

• I think the idea to make brown broxes more easy accessable for non-cashers is a bad idea. Brown boxes are one reason why pve is getting destroyed and now with the upgrade update where items won't be break anymore you would ruin the whole pve with that. Even now no one goes to farm items in pve only accessoirs or cc dungeon. On tw items could break and white stones were not easy accessable also it was hard to get alot of stones. So there were two options you had. Spend money and hope that your item won't break or farm. It was worth to go to papaya and just farm items. But in dbog farming on papaya is nearly useless. You will only farm for stones because there are so many brown boxes (brown boxes from cash shop are not even bind) that it's not worth farming items.

• I think the idea to make brown broxes more easy accessable for non-cashers is a bad idea. Brown boxes are one reason why pve is getting destroyed and now with the upgrade update where items won't be break anymore you would ruin the whole pve with that. Even now no one goes to farm items in pve only accessoirs or cc dungeon. On tw items could break and white stones were not easy accessable also it was hard to get alot of stones. So there were two options you had. Spend money and hope that your item won't break or farm. It was worth to go to papaya and just farm items. But in dbog farming on papaya is nearly useless. You will only farm for stones because there are so many brown boxes (brown boxes from cash shop are not even bind) that it's not worth farming items.

I get what you're trying to say but dbo never was a game where having max stats on a equip was a very amazing thing to have unlike some other games where it is, so I dont see a problem with f2p/non cash-whales to get brown boxes a bit more easier.

Dbo is more about all the gear in general you have. For example, i'd rather have several sets of decent gear than one really good set of gear on my character.

• I get what you're trying to say but dbo never was a game where having max stats on a equip was a very amazing thing to have unlike some other games where it is, so I dont see a problem with f2p/non cash-whales to get brown boxes a bit more easier.

Dbo is more about all the gear in general you have. For example, i'd rather have several sets of decent gear than one really good set of gear on my character.

I couldn't agree more.

DBO is type of game where you need to have several sets of armor, weapons, accessory.

Soo if you want to be anything good, "recrafting" option aka brown box should be easy to get, since it is nothing more than crafting system, you will spend tons of zeni, time until you get something good.

This will destroy "MUST HAVE" gears that existed for too long in DBO where using only 1 type of gear and crying if it doesn't work everywhere. In every normal MMO, there is PVP, Group PVP, PVE, Solo PVE, Group PVE gears, accessory, and even builds.

Sirab I suggest you buddy to keep on topic, since you already made post about silver boxes and legendary dogi balls and you could get warn for going off-topic and if it continues, post could become spam posts, I should know about it.

Trust me, be on topic, and lets discuss it while respecting DBOG Rules.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

you do realize once people have to spend absurd amount, for example cashing for brown boxes just to keep up with other players they will literally just find a different game to play. The whole devalue PvE stick doesn't work for a community base private server which the grind is suppose to be less of the original game.

• you do realize once people have to spend absurd for example cashing for brown boxes just to keep up with other players they will literally just find a different game to play. The whole devalue PvE stick doesn't work for a community base private server which the grind is suppose to be less of the original game.

Yeah pretty much, i'll give it 2 months for cash whales in open beta to have several sets of good gear if things stay the same. By the time most players are almost done with their sets, a new level cap will most likely appear. Only the very smart and experienced players will barely be able to compete with the cash whales in OB, we have to think of the new players too who are just learning and won't know everything on day 1.

many guys dontr want to waste money in a f2p game

No not at all i've cashed a bit before, were trying to say we aren't trying to be hardcore cashers to be able to compete. And like adrian said people are just going to eventually quit as well if it's like that.

• You can get boxes just by farming (sell the drop to get zeni and spend the silver coins you obtained farming in the event boss), this system encourge ppl to farm and participate in the world boss event so i would not remove it.

Keep in mind the easier you get the gear you want, the fastest you get bored of the game.

Regular shop idea is very hard to balance (the price should change according to the current economy of the game).

The crafting idea is way more interesting bc you need ingredients. If you could obtain these ingredients as drop in uds/tmqs this will encourage ppl to do more pve stuff instead of just cash and go tatami/budokai and it would be a big money sink so the economy would be better.

Also if the uds/tmqs have a maximum level (for example, tmq1 lvl25 to lvl30) this could avoid the classic "give me a turtle and i will spam tmq1 solo 24/7 to get boxes" making the game way more fun bc the lvl70 dungeons are a real challenge to lvl70 players plus you give a chance to lower levels to get brown boxes and you give them a reason to make instances like ud4/ud5/tmq2/tmq3 that right now there are not any reason to do them.

• 1million zeni 1 brown box? then i can bei 700 boxes O.o

• 1million zeni 1 brown box? then i can bei 700 boxes O.o

It can always be increased and even if you have 100-200, it is luck based.

Still you can brag around with jacket with max poison or bleed defense. :D

Wait for you is normal to wait shit tons of time for world boss event, to weekly obtain 1 brown box...

About that bored part, tell me, how much brown boxes did you spend to get stats you want?

I spend around 200 boxes and didn't get a thing I can use, still some spend 1 box and get max stats they want, it is luck based.

Like I said, it is recrafting, and game right now is bored since you are limited on few parts of gear, while with boxes, if you are lucky, you can have 3-4 even 5 sets of armors, that needs to be upgraded and used.

Now count that with how much chars you use and you will see.

DBOG shouldn't be type of game that limits you on stats you want to obtain it is like you say, let crafting be banned and removed...

Lets see how does it work, shall we mate, you correct me if I am wrong:

1. Earn zeni

2. Obtain legendary or rare gear with def you want (you will need pdef and energy def) |Mudosa gear, extreme rare to obtain|

3. Buy shit tons of brown boxes

4. Get stats you want

5. Buy shits tons of stones and again, again, again since upgrade system will eat your money

What we will get with this change:

1. Everyone will use different sets of gear

2. PVE/PVP with better quality

3. Everyone will enjoy the game

4. Now best part, no one will be bored of their chars and cry they didn't have chance vs some classes

About Crafting, it should maybe be better, and who cares if people farm with turtle in low dungeons, it should be crafting material for finishing dungeon or killing bosses with 100% success rate, yes because even if you have 100 boxes, it is still luck based and after all we all want MAX stats or nothing.

PS: When this happens, PVE will be on whole new level, it will be gear trade than let buy shits with boxes.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• Iceman Yeah I agree, gearing up doesn't end after you're done upgrading 1 set of Phy and Eng def armor, and 1 set of weapons, still need atleast 4 earrings, may need 2 more jackets and 2 more boots for example, like 6 necklaces, and that goes for pretty much every class. Really, level caps and starting from scratch is what's going to keep the game last long, not making it really hard for non big cashers to gear up.

At the very least it should be 4 gold coins + zenni = 1 silver box.

• We do read suggestions some stuff has been implemented ie revamping the token shop for instance, flight system revamped

Keeping transformation while changing channel or logging in and out.

More db event days

33 Lvl up cash shop

Party EXP

There are many more proposals that should be reviewed. I do not want to blame anyone or demand that they implement them. I would just like to have Daneos or some mod that is well informed tell me if they will be implemented or why not

Sorry for the bad english xD

• Couldn't agree more with this post, there's just something bad about it. The post is heavily fictitious, this might change though, after all this is just like the boxes, heavily luck based.

I do believe this though, there SHOULD be (not necessarily easier way to obtain the boxes) but definitely a faster way to get them, and of course, more accesible for us veteran and newer players.

I can't say if the options you wrote down are just what us players need, but I'm sure of this: The brown boxes obtainment has to change, probably by reducing the gold coin amount or the zeni amount, perhaps even implementing it on TMQs or UDs (to make them something actually relevant to gameplay). When it comes to this topic there's lots of options, my point here is Mods definitely have on work on this, perhaps sooner than they might think. (OB)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!