[Brown Boxes]- Discussion & Suggestion

• First of all, I'd like to start by saying that I am by no means insulted with your idea/thoughts, I simply disagree with your point of view. Let me ask you this, what is the difference between your idea and free players buying the boxes from people who cash? What's wrong with the current trading system of boxes? This way they are actually valuable, with your idea they would not be worth much. Also, just as some people quit, others join, so what's your point?

• Also, let me remind you that even with a much more P2W system (which means they were probably MAKING MORE $), DBO TW shut down and we certainly do not want that to happen again, or do we? The bottom line of everything is always business, aka $$$$, please do not forget that.

• You will get bored fast if you dont get the stats on gear as soon as possible,but you wont be bored if you get all the best stats of every piece of gear in short amount of time....that doesent even make any sense.

So you just go few times CC,craft the armors,box it and gg

enter tmq7 once get 2-3 pieces of armor box it and gg

wow aint that fun and contributing to the game,after 2 weeks nobody will even do any ud,tmq,bid everyone will have everything game will die faster then u can imagine lmao.

This game was hard,it should remain hard...thats why old players came back and play,that should be the way for the new players to stay...the ones that hit lv 50 and cant get any gear and whine how the game is bad because its hard,maybe they just should leave?

white stones are implemented in open world drops...you can get +10-13 easily....even +15 has better chances than ever to succeed,in retail it took you soul and mothers left leg to get to +10.

Make this game easier,and you wont feel much difference than the guy who just hit 70 and the guy who is lv 70 for a year sitting in front of dbog for hours,if that aint bad enough idk what is it.

• Also, let me remind you that even with a much more P2W system (which means they were probably MAKING MORE $), DBO TW shut down and we certainly do not want that to happen again, or do we? The bottom line of everything is always business, aka $$$$, please do not forget that.

They're plenty of way to go about getting money for the server through forums ads, patreon, go funds me, Youtube-monetization etc but I'm pretty sure money is never going to be the issues in this case since this is an private server and it seem daneos and supposedly one other guy is working on it

• First of all, I'd like to start by saying that I am by no means insulted with your idea/thoughts, I simply disagree with your point of view. Let me ask you this, what is the difference between your idea and free players buying the boxes from people who cash? What's wrong with the current trading system of boxes? This way they are actually valuable, with your idea they would not be worth much. Also, just as some people quit, others join, so what's your point?

If you don't see nothing wrong with it, then you already prove my point mate.

Brown Boxes are overpriced and limited af, as free player and new players who enter game, who want to support this server, when they see how much it is pay to win, even small amount of money they wanted invest, they decide not to and quit DBOG instead.

I am sure most of you, do not even care about DBOG Community in general, who cares if it ends up with almost no english speaking players, who cares if new players try and quit game, since it is boring af to them.

I won't go anymore off-topic, soo I will get on my point.

Brown Boxes obtained via donation system and via simply gameplay isn't same.

Some say that they can't play game, farm soo they want to donate and gain those stuffs via donations aka real money, and I understand that, soo you want that people beat their asses for zeni and high upgrade gear for boxes that they can't obtain in 1 year simply playing the game and plus boxes prices are set by cash players, they can easy boost prices of them soo even those new players will farm for months and months to even get them.

Brown Boxes should be same for everyone without cash shop players taking any part take in it, they will always have other cash shop stuffs to trade with for gear but give new players chance to even taste the game, taste what it means having dif sets, taste of being competitive and taste of their effort being paid.

Like I said above, PVE and market will be boosted. shit gear from UD, TMQ , BID, CC will be worthy a lot.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I think cashiers be mad because to them it devalues there money if things can get achieved easier.

The server survives on 2 aspects f2p population and cashing if 1 dips the other will too. Both sides need to see that a compromise is the best solution. at first i fully like icemans idea (see prevous post)

but the more I think about it the more I think the idea wont work because it makes it too easy for f2p people and it will piss off the monitary part of the server (the cashers) and they will leave very quickly.

I saw a comment on the first page that could be the best solution since it requires more work

probably by reducing the gold coin amount or the zeni amount, perhaps even implementing it on TMQs or UDs (to make them something actually relevant to gameplay).

I think this is a better option reduce the gold amount or maybe 20 gold gives 10 boxes no zeni charge. and have the higher tier dungueons like cell x and kraken give a chance to drop brown boxs in sets of 5 or 10. This way you have to work hard to get it.

instead of the craft system making it way to easy.

They're plenty of way to go about getting money for the server through forums ads, patreon, go funds me, Youtube-monetization etc but I'm pretty sure money is never going to be the issues in this case since this is an private server and it seem daneos and supposedly one other guy is working on it

Youtube monetization for this server is not allowed since daneos doesnt own the game. It would be taken down relatively quickly also you need millions of view for each video inorder to generate profit.

forum adds give jack all per month adds on my website generate a whooping 5 dollars usd wow!

patreon (good idea, but if cashiers are mad at daneos for making thebgame f2p friendly then they have no incentative to donate)

go funds me (same issue as patreon)

• Boxes that they can’t obtain in 1 year? Please give me a break. Even with the current inflated economy, a brown box costs 50kk. Well guess what, with the current stone drop rate you get a purple, you already can buy 2 boxes. You get 5 red or blue and u can buy another box. It is extremely easy to farm for stones now which means that free players can simply do that. I’d say that right now you can get 6 or more boxes per hour of farming so it definitely won’t take anyone a year LOL. Let people play the game, this way makes people actually want to farm. Now, I do agree that decreasing the gold coin amount required for the boss box might be a good idea. That way you get say 6-10 boxes in an hour and once u get say the necessary coins and zeni u get another one from the boss.

• I am glad that someone actually understands that the server doesn’t run on its own and needs to be funded.

• I think we need a gm like tempest or mr daneos himself to comment on this thread to be honest its starting to become a grudge match between free to play players and those who donate to the server.

I doubt Iceman had that intention when he started this thread.

I assumed his intention was to either get one of his idea accepted or at the very least get the community talking of solutions/ideas to make brown boxes more obtainable.

anyways here comes off topic ban @StupidoBox

• Boxes that they can’t obtain in 1 year? Please give me a break. Even with the current inflated economy, a brown box costs 50kk. Well guess what, with the current stone drop rate you get a purple, you already can buy 2 boxes. You get 5 red or blue and u can buy another box. It is extremely easy to farm for stones now which means that free players can simply do that. I’d say that right now you can get 6 or more boxes per hour of farming so it definitely won’t take anyone a year LOL. Let people play the game, this way makes people actually want to farm. Now, I do agree that decreasing the gold coin amount required for the boss box might be a good idea. That way you get say 6-10 boxes in an hour and once u get say the necessary coins and zeni u get another one from the boss.

Sadly you don't get again.

1. Cashers set prices of Boxes (it won't ever have fixed price, you know it too, please don't lie to yourself, some sell higher, some sell fixed and some sell cheaper)

2. They will use brown boxes on their gear first, meaning they will obtain all stats on all gears they want 1st

3. There is no zeni sink with this, meaning prices in short time will blow up again

4. Brown Boxes shouldn't be part of cash shop, donation system at all, some stones ok since they don't have time to farm

If everything is soo easy and fine, how come only cashers walk around with max stats and high upgrade gear while all others players who actually play game, can't use them.

And that 1 year, it was simply saying by playing game alone, cashers no take part in it.

They get in 1 click 50 brown boxes, while from world boss that you need to wait since you can't have life if you want brown boxes, wait and wait till it spawn, kill it and get boxes...

One more I want to ask, since when it become problem seeing people with max stats +0 gears, since upgrade will be problem.

Like I said before, this is outdated pay to win MMO, it shouldn't be again like that, let everyone have chance to obtain brown boxes and different sets with stats they want and all new players when they join to play DBOG, when they found out about this problem, they just stop playing.

What you guys want, dead game? As long actually playing game and cashing isn't balanced, it will be dead game.

Still as I said, prices of boxes in NPC shops can be increased or decreased, crafting materials + zeni too.

Thing is, it won't be limited by TIME, you can access it 24/7 as long you put effort in it and you do not really on cashers.

Let them sell kid clocks, inventory, pet stuffs, and all other things but game will be competitive in every way.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• If everything is soo easy and fine, how come only cashers walk around with max stats and high upgrade gear while all others players who actually play game, can't use them.

How come that me and my friends (never cashed) have max gear + won alot of budokais? Btw we were also not here when the duplicate bug happened. We started playing around 4 months ago. Please explain...

• How come that me and my friends (never cashed) have max gear + won alot of budokais? Btw we were also not here when the duplicate bug happened. We started playing around 4 months ago. Please explain...

can you stop being so offtopic and actualy give suggestions about brown boxes? who cares how you and ur friends walk around full geared good for you u are 1% of the special snowflakes ok ? we are talking about majority

i dont want the game to become easier due to brown boxes being everywhere but still i feel its unfair for f2p players

• can you stop being so offtopic and actualy give suggestions about brown boxes? who cares how you and ur friends walk around full geared good for you u are 1% of the special snowflakes ok ? we are talking about majority

i dont want the game to become easier due to brown boxes being everywhere but still i feel its unfair for f2p players

it is actually not off topic because you need to understand the situation of brown boxes first.

• it is actually not off topic because you need to understand the situation of brown boxes first.

you keep talking about urself like all the players in the game can achive everything as fast as you but maybe some players dont have necesary knowledge due to inexperience and being new to the game . we have to think about them too i would feel frustrated as a new player not being able to compete with cashers but then again im not against you and not in favor im just expresing my oppinion cuz i dont think a veteran should set himself as a standard f2p player

much love regardless

• you keep talking about urself like all the players in the game can achive everything as fast as you but maybe some players dont have necesary knowledge due to inexperience and being new to the game . we have to think about them too i would feel frustrated as a new player not being able to compete with cashers but then again im not against you and not in favor im just expresing my oppinion cuz i dont think a veteran should set himself as a standard f2p player

much love regardless

I think you are missing something here. A new f2p player can compete with a new "casher" player and the same is for experienced players. A new player should never be able to compete with an experienced casher. If you are new to a game it is normal that you are bad you can't expect to be good without expierence.

• I think you are missing something here. A new f2p player can compete with a new "casher" player and the same is for experienced players. A new player should never be able to compete with an experienced casher. If you are new to a game it is normal that you are bad you can't expect to be good without expierence.

lol i doubt that a new f2p player can compete with a new cash player i seriosly doubt it :)) a new player has to learn everything about the game and play alot to get brown boxes meanwhile a new cash player wil just press 2 buttons

i think a new cash player can easly compete with a veteran f2p but that might be just my opinion

• lol i doubt that a new f2p player can compete with a new cash player i seriosly doubt it :)) a new player has to learn everything about the game and play alot to get brown boxes meanwhile a new cash player wil just press 2 buttons

i think a new cash player can easly compete with a veteran f2p but that might be just my opinion

As a new player you are always missing the knowdlege that you need like which effects are the best which gear is the best what should I build what is the best way to get gear with cashing and so on

• I think I have a solution.

I think the two main concern that people have against this suggestion is that it will ruin PVE (via stopping people from farming non stop for gear because they can just use around 30-80 brown to obtain the stats they) & second that it will devalue the amount of zeni you earn for cashing/donating for someone who doesn't have enough time to play the game, but wants to play the game.

Now this is what I suppose.

The developer team did a good job with giving extra incentive to keep people spamming CCBD to earn either dogi balls or unseal coins which were also binded and untradeable meaning people who wanted to making zeni from buying the trade-ble version from cash shop still had a decent way of making zeni to sell to people who didn't want to spam CCBD for dogi ball & unseal coins via cashing.

For brown boxes I propose that you can obtain untradeable like 5 browns at maybe a 20% chance for full completing either TMQ5-6-7. This mean F2P will have a chance to obtain brown boxes that are untradeable and give a incentive to keep doing PvE content like TMQ5-6-7. Which will bring more people to keep spamming PvE content which will bring more TMQ unique into the game and to serve as a money maker for everyone who want to spam TMQ. Also with the brown boxes being untradeable casher wont see a big decrease in value from brown boxes since brown boxes are universal and needed are in a lot of part in this game for item with set stats like CCBD gear, Dragonball hunt & scramble accessories/armor, Mudosa accessories/armor etc

DreameR68  2pro4u  Ultranovaxstyle what do you think about this

• I think that’s actually a really good idea. It will encourage people to do tmqs and not just spam end game dungeons. At the same time like you mentioned, since the boxes would be binded, their value would not decrease much. So yeah I definitely see that as a viable option. adrian on fire

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!