New properties update

• Go ahead and share your ideas, you barely say antyhing and 90% of times i support it especially from you, maybe you don't like to talk about in public but you still can make a ticket or send a private message.

The community does not have the same preferences, there will be always someone who will feel ignored.

Obviously you're not animals and we don't consider anyone as one, 1 of my top 5 dreams is to have a civil chat with you.

The issue is a lot of the main problems of this game isn't even dbog's fault, they began in the original version of DBO. DBOG has done well in minimizing those faults

Fo ex.

Crashing was a huge problem we had, it isn't really an issue here. Autopot glitching was huge, many people in the community abused that in budo, but that isn't a problem here.

The problems we have now we can fix. Many people are unhappy with this prop update which is understandable. But props is really a busted stat so its hard to make everyone happy with it. Many people also hated the bind update, but I was happy about it. People couldn't just borrow their friends gear anymore, it made the game feel more rewarding for people that worked hard to get their gear.

If you ask me, stats are too high for level 70. That with huge amount of +15s that are around the game makes the game completely unplayable. Everyone just wants to be a fighter so they can one shot anyone, and thats fine. But it wasn't always like this. Fighters used to be known for dodging and their bleed on needles. When they started being able to just one shot at will, is when it became completely busted.

Level 55 cap was the most fun in terms of PvP imo. It was the most balanced that i've seen it. This game can take a turn for the better, but the staff needs to really start listening to the community, because without us, there is no game. I understand it can be hard at times, but the veterans of this game should have a say.

I do suggest that you guys do add some more people into the discussion of updates/balancing via discord, so that the conversation can be more civil. Create a channel with some experienced TW or even HK players that understand the game, and understand the direction the game should go in.

You also know my discord, so if you would like that civil talk, you can dive right into the DM's.

• I did not give my opinion much though:

1º this update only helped those who have no property.

2º worst excuse to say that this was to balance the pvp, being that someone's property nullifies the property of another. or it was not going to make a difference if it was 1-1, and since it is 0.5, it practically does not change anything, as I said, it only benefits those who have no prop because you have almost no advantage ...

• Crashing was a huge problem we had, it isn't really an issue here

Actually it is but luckily the guys that are crashing are not doing it in budokai or at least I hope that they are not doing it in budo.

If you ask me, stats are too high for level 70. That with huge amount of +15s that are around the game makes the game completely unplayable. Everyone just wants to be a fighter so they can one shot anyone, and thats fine. But it wasn't always like this. Fighters used to be known for dodging and their bleed on needles. When they started being able to just one shot at will, is when it became completely busted.

The meta changed when fighter started 1 hitten people but it was not busted. Even then it was still more than fine. Every class had a chance to win against every other class so 1 shotten was never a problem.

This game can take a turn for the better, but the staff needs to really start listening to the community, because without us, there is no game. I understand it can be hard at times, but the veterans of this game should have a say.

If a development team starts to listen to the community the game will be dead in less than a week. The majority of the community if not 90% of it are just guys that are not looking at the whole picture. They just want to have their fun / buff their favorite classes. If the dbog team does not listen to these "ideas" they will start flaming and crying.

Moveover in this community there are maybe only around 10% of the veteran players which are also playing dbog. Most of these veterans never visits the forum and won't in the future. Furthermore being a veteran player does not mean you know how to balance the game. I'm 100% sure that no veteran player can balance this game. The whole process is not as simple as you guys think it is. There is a good reason why in a good company you have a whole team which works years to get a good balancing.

Lastly the dbog wants to have suggestions and feedback NOT instructions from the community. The dbog does not need this forum and it's players. If everyone in this forum would quite the game would still have more than enough players.

• Ive never read so much nonsense compiled into one post...

• tf are you on? 1 Shots not an issue? Every class had a chance of beating any other class? So tell me what are the chances of a plasma beating any competent sk in 1v1 with both similar gears? that's straight up fake news. When a fighter can delete your character just because he pressed 1 button and you're not a Namek Warrior or Buffer something isn't right. When a turtle can wipe out 3/5 of an entire team in party pvp or get like 10 kills in dojo war off of 1 button something isn't right.....

• tf are you on? 1 Shots not an issue? Every class had a chance of beating any other class? So tell me what are the chances of a plasma beating any competent sk in 1v1 with both similar gears? that's straight up fake news. When a fighter can delete your character just because he pressed 1 button and you're not a Namek Warrior or Buffer something isn't right. When a turtle can wipe out 3/5 of an entire team in party pvp or get like 10 kills in dojo war off of 1 button something isn't right.....

I hope you know that I was talking about retail.

• If a development team starts to listen to the community the game will be dead in less than a week. The majority of the community if not 90% of it are just guys that are not looking at the whole picture. They just want to have their fun / buff their favorite classes. If the dbog team does not listen to these "ideas" they will start flaming and crying.

You do realize the "development team" is one guy aka Daneos. The rest of the staff have other duties as dealing with the forum, responding to tickets and testing bugs and reporting them.

You say if Daneos listens to the community the game will be dead? Why isn't it like that with other games?

For ex.

Many people complain on the League of Legends subreddit, of things that are too strong, and Riot (The company) more times than not actually reads it and listens and nerfs or changes things to try and make the community happy.

There are still veterans that do play this game, instead of bickering, if you see yourself as a veteran, you should offer your help, as I have.

• Yeah... no. 1 shots are never a good idea for game balance, only difference is retail had scouter chips for a bit of time meaning u would never get 1 shot because everyone who knew how to gear had 100% anticrit or something close to 100%.... 70 cap dbo was absolute shit. It's as i have said in the past 70cap= brawl 55 cap=melee 60cap= smash 4. A skilled roy can beat any fox is true for melee, but DBO 70 cap? zzzzzzzzzzzzz LVL 70 Cap DBO after chips were removed is like modern day Yugioh. With all the lbroken ass skills and bullshit attack speed, rounds last like 15 seconds.

• Don't know if you can see it but I'm here since Dec 20th 2014, helped and still helping them.

Riot has the advantage that they have a solid working game. Even if a nerf that the community wants fails (see as an example rengar, I'm not a lol fan so don't know much) it won't have a big impact. Also in lol you don't have persistent items which could cause the game to break for some people. As an example everything gets to easy -> some people abuse it -> they get good items really easy -> dbog team decides to revert the change -> some people already have the good items and maybe are because of these items one of the best players ingame while other hard working players which didn't want to abuse something like that are at a big disadvantage now. Fair? Good? Possible in lol? NO

Edit:

Btw riot is not putting in the changes with the values that the community wants. They only take the "nerf rengar" and then change it how they feel it's right.

• god you guys belive everything you read :) riot stated that the only advice they take it's from PRO PLAYERS and they balance the game for compettitive reasons not soloq so plz stop with riot and focus on what a low level game needs not a nr 1 game ok > this game as DreameR said doesen't need the entire community it's bs ,because u can't please everyone we need PRO PLAYERS to come into play but as Tempest suggested that wont happen either so i guess we can only relly on the team and Daneos

Edit:It has been confirmed by a pro player-Bjergsen

• I've been explaining things like one shots, LP%, Reflect, etc. to many players for months now and they just spam the same reply, "it's needed in PvE, it's needed here, it's there." Of course overpowered stats are needed in PvE 70 cap, that's because NTL knew how strong these items were getting and built the new dungeons based off those strong items. Which is why I always say PvE needs to be changed as well as other things if we really want good balance. Here's old players saying the same thing about the stats in the game.

2u7puhi.jpg

This is proof the players actually knew better than the staff at NTL. (Or perhaps the staff knew this but got lazy.) It's not even about formula, it's the stats getting way too high with each level cap. And how can you even change reflect formula? 13% P reflect, should well, reflect 13% P dmg. This is why some stats just need to be capped and certain PvE/PvP needs to be change, so that 70 cap balance can be somewhat like 50/55/60 cap, plain and simple.

• i would say the problem as in this update with props is that Daneos is not communicating with the community and as we can see not even with his team as they have to wait and get insulted by people until daneos explains his move after he already made it .. we need a better communication between the develpoers

Sounds like a bunch of sadists in the team to be quite frank. All those threads closed for something that was already planned? @Pork Chop Liver You people just love to pick on the people who can't speak english well because they can't properly defend themselves. And the only reason why he spammed was because of threads being closed for no good reason.

Pork chop liver :) thats a good one Sirab.

I wasnt picking at Tony effe 's inability to speak english. I was stating facts that he spammed alot in the forums.

He was right about the old korean 55 cap it did have better balance then this game thats for sure.

Lets not get off topic thou.

This thread is about the questionable updates made by dbog staff and the lack of cummunication or acceptance of communicate from the dbog team and dbog community.

Personally If the team doesnt revert props back to normal 1:1 i can forsee alot of tanks/buffer mains leaving this game.

i hope the team considers what everyone is saying. It is very good that game moderators have shown up;to me its an indication that sirabs thread is getting the appropiate attention.

• I've been explaining things like one shots, LP%, Reflect, etc. to many players for months now and they just spam the same reply, "it's needed in PvE, it's needed here, it's there." Of course overpowered stats are needed in PvE 70 cap, that's because NTL knew how strong these items were getting and built the new dungeons based off those strong items. Which is why I always say PvE needs to be changed as well as other things if we really want good balance. Here's old players saying the same thing about the stats in the game.

2u7puhi.jpg

This is proof the players actually knew better than the staff at NTL. (Or perhaps the staff knew this but got lazy.) It's not even about formula, it's the stats getting way too high with each level cap. And how can you even change reflect formula? 13% P reflect, should well, reflect 13% P dmg. This is why some stats just need to be capped and certain PvE/PvP needs to be change, so that 70 cap balance can be somewhat like 50/55/60 cap, plain and simple.

How is that a proof?
    All I see is people ranting about attackspeed, and some discussion about reflect xD?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!