MMOByte Review!

• Hey guys!

I just did a review for Dragon Ball Online! Please take a minute to jump on over and take a look - let me know what you think and what points need to be addressed.

Alternatively, you could always just read it here.

Regardless, let me know what you think, thanks!

• Hello. There's quite a few bits of misinformation done in this review, which unfortunately shows lack of research and I'll get into that, but first I just want to say that I think you could've waited a bit longer, because the game isn't even out in Open Beta yet; March 1st. It's not really very fair to review it right now, especially when it comes to the population part, which would have a complete 180 after that day.

Anyways, here's my feedback or "review" of your review:

In short, aside from the misinformation, this is a very incomplete review, unfortunately.

• Here are some criticisms that haven't been mentioned already:

• The video just showcases level 1 and level 2 gameplay. How can you justify and try to give an accurate representation of Dragon Ball Online as a game when you literally showcase the start of the game? In your video you act like you are stating facts when it's clear you did not explore the game in depth and only made this review within a few hours (or even less) of playing.
    • No skills are used in your video. Not one. You don't even have a skill in your skill bar, and yet you complain about the lack of skills from the dragon ball universe, when if you would look at the skill tree, they actually are from the dragon ball universe.
    • Your video doesn't mention that classes have different roles: DPS, Tank and Support. What you demonstrated in your video was a support class (healer). You wanted to jump straight into combat while playing a support class, which is based off dende (in Dragon Ball lore). You state how you "want to mess people up, go on a rampage" and yet you picked a healer. Contradiction much?
    • There was no comparison or mention of the user interface in your review.
    • You did not conduct research at all, in regards to PVP. You didn't mention how there is open world PVP where players get to compete and fight over the 7 dragon balls (Dragon Ball Scramble), or how there is a budokai tournament where players get to face off and fight against eachother. (Then again how could you, you are only reviewing the game from a level 1 perspective), or the other PVP modes that Kirito mentioned in his post.
    • Didn't mention cosmetics at all.
    • Only showed yourself and your character walking around town for 10 whole minutes, and didn't actually showcase proper gameplay, events, PVP, PVE, master classes or the differences between races at all.
    • On your page it says the developer was "Bird Studio / Shueisha" and fails to mention NTL (who was the main developer) at all.
    • You do not mention how there are familiar iconic Dragon Ball locations such as korin tower or West City.

Overall this review was a poorly researched, ill-informed mess. Fair to say most of it is your opinion but at least provide your viewers with the actual basic facts of Dragon Ball Online before reviewing it. It's quiet evident that you've played Xenoverse before hand and that you are making constant subtle comparisons between Dragon Ball Online and Xenoverse.

• yeah with the greatest respects i hate dbo so im not gonna sit here and say its amazing. I play due to nostalgia with friends, your review is terrible though . Youve played 10minutes worth and ripped it apart with false info.

I would have thought you needed to actually play a game properly to do a review.

Its not a 5 star game more like a 3 star imo . But this is from someone who has played and completed the game and not an outsider who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Maybe do research before doing a review ? That's what credible reviewers will do

• Honestly, you just thoroughly discredited this game by this lack of preparation and knowledge review you just made. Would you rate a new computer, by it's color only, ignoring everything else? I doubt that. I'd say don't judge book by it's cover, but you didn't even reach that cover. Anyway, this game will continue growing and eventually will reach it's next state and those who were pushed away (if any) from this game because of such reviews will come back too. You're absolutely welcome to make a review again once this game enters open beta, but for your own sake, make a depth examination of this game before doing so.

• Ok, I've seen a guy ranting about the bad things about the game from the start, where's the actual review?

Basicly this is just the same as some1 who has explored the moon and thinks he knows everything and has seen everything about the universe. The amount of flamboyant criticism actually makes it look bad, these so called reviews are only first impressions without any knowledge of what's actually going on.

Even when I have explained my dropping of excitement of the game itself I've included so many factors and even comparing it with the retail DBO that I have played on end game.

The so called reviews of today are 80% of the times just another way to make money with wrongly/false or overrushed ads, that's the way how they feel.

It can be that your excitement of the game has been severely crashed by going into the starting point but please, just move on to another game that you can actually correctly give your own statement about it,

sincerely,

Jon

• I mean the review is terible. It's biased crap. You need to submerge yourself into the gameplay experience not by walking around with a lvl 1 at the namekian start area. You need to spend hours grinding / questing till your at least lvl 50 then you might be able to go "on a killing rampage". You expected to kamehame with a namekian? bruh. You should have read about the classes. Or at least someone to guide you instead of making a fool out of yourself.

• I'd suggest playing *At L E A S T* to level 20, or 30, if you really want to get a 'Feel' for the game. It's a different feel when you're further in the game, and not just run around the beginning area with almost no sense of direction. Or if you can do your research better, or even for the lazy way, get a veteran DBO player on your channel to review the game. That's just my opinion though.

• Stiximus you need to correct yourself, a lot.

1. This is Private Revive project ( Game isn't finished by regular company that made it and it still died)

2. This game was never made to be played by english players aka us

3. This game is getting translated, coded, fixed to be good or better than it was before

4. Combat system in-game isn't slow, you need to obtain right Skill Tree, right skills and right gear to even have chance in PVP or PVE

5. DBO story is placed in future where power of entire races drop down due peace time soo when "evil" pop up, they used weapons to enhance their power, damage since their base power isn't enough.

6. About skills itself, there are skills based on your sub weapon and bare hands (gloves), you need to check out more

7. PVE content isn't finished, there will be tons of new events

8. PVP content you miss it from Korin Platform Battle Royale, Ranked Arena, Budokai Championship and Guild Wars Events and even Scramble PVP Event where you fight for TIER 3 Dragon Balls.

9. In ranked and budokai there is 5 vs 5 not 3 vs 3 and did I say entire guilds vs guilds in other events?

You should do more research, check around DBOG videos on youtube, join DBOG Discord to learn more about game.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Did you just seriously say we can only get the master class by WISHING for it with the Dragon Balls ?!?!??

Are you f'ing kidding me ?
    How retarded can one be ? Seriously, answer the question.

You are literally talking about shit you have no idea.
    I'd like to punch you. Not for just this crap but for the entire video. It's more than obvious that you never played this apart from these 10 minutes (which would be less than 2 for any normal person).

Lol, guys, this dude only seems to play games to crap on them.

Totally a shitty "reviewer", it'd say wannabe but even that is far beyond his limit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!