<Poll> Should attack speed be uncapped?

• Attack speed was never "uncapped", that's just what inexperienced people assumed. It was always 99% at the absolute best, even in TW. That said...100ms is a LOT worse than TW's cap, even near the end of it's lifespan. Right now, a fully-outfitted crit fighter does more dps spamming RP-cooldown needles than a fully outfitted speed fighter can do. That's a pretty ridiculous nerf of course, when you consider crits didn't even come close to attack speed's damage.

At the same time, I like attack speed being nerfed a bit. It's still powerful enough to make a huge difference, just not by the same wide margin like in retail. But the cap should definitely be increased for DPS classes, especially martial artists, so that attack speed is actually powerful for them.

• Attack speed was never "uncapped", that's just what inexperienced people assumed. It was always 99% at the absolute best, even in TW. That said...100ms is a LOT worse than TW's cap, even near the end of it's lifespan. Right now, a fully-outfitted crit fighter does more dps spamming RP-cooldown needles than a fully outfitted speed fighter can do. That's a pretty ridiculous nerf of course, when you consider crits didn't even come close to attack speed's damage.

At the same time, I like attack speed being nerfed a bit. It's still powerful enough to make a huge difference, just not by the same wide margin like in retail. But the cap should definitely be increased for DPS classes, especially martial artists, so that attack speed is actually powerful for them.

so... are you saying that the speed is capped to 99%?? or im wrong?

• so... are you saying that the speed is capped to 99%?? or im wrong?

No, right now the attack speed cap is about 92%. This is because once your attack speed hits 100ms(10 autoattacks per second) nothing after that counts anymore. Retail seems to have had varying speed caps, some patches literally 11ms(which was ridiculous), others closer to 50ms. But it's never been quite this slow. I'll be posting some comparison videos to show the exact differences between DBOG and retail soon.

• No, right now the attack speed cap is about 92%. This is because once your attack speed hits 100ms(10 autoattacks per second) nothing after that counts anymore. Retail seems to have had varying speed caps, some patches literally 11ms(which was ridiculous), others closer to 50ms. But it's never been quite this slow. I'll be posting some comparison videos to show the exact differences between DBOG and retail soon.

ok, thanks for your answer man :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!