Dungeon Buff Removal: Fixing a minor nuisance

• About the "removing all buffs upon entering an instance" thing.......can you make it so Dragonbuffs are an exception to this? Or even better, just buffs in general that fall under the "self-cast" category? Yes, you can use dragonbuffs inside, but if you're doing dungeons you're likely doing them multiple times for EXP and sometimes gear, so it's a giant waste. Besides, if you're doing it for EXP you wanna do it fast, and having to buff up every half a minute is a huge waste of time and EP. It really devalues dungeons.

If you're unable to program that exception in, maybe put Dragonbuffs in the "item buff" slots?(Autopots, Love Cursing Armoa, etc) Those don't get removed upon dungeon entrance.

• About the "removing all buffs upon entering an instance" thing.......can you make it so Dragonbuffs are an exception to this? Or even better, just buffs in general that fall under the "self-cast" category? Yes, you can use dragonbuffs inside, but if you're doing dungeons you're likely doing them multiple times for EXP and sometimes gear, so it's a giant waste. Besides, if you're doing it for EXP you wanna do it fast, and having to buff up every half a minute is a huge waste of time and EP. It really devalues dungeons.

If you're unable to program that exception in, maybe put Dragonbuffs in the "item buff" slots?(Autopots, Love Cursing Armoa, etc) Those don't get removed upon dungeon entrance.

transformation as well not sure how that going to work with kid buu and giant namek tho

• There's no problem with this update. It just means you can't power level or make halfass buffers, which is hardly an issue.

I understand but that issue solely concerned you, it's not like theres plenty of people that actually main buffers out there so imo, this new thing wasn't needed at all. Atleast before we could quest on our main then rush to explore other classes potentials which came quite in handy especially if you have a turtle dedicated for pve (farming and leveling your other classes that you're willing to explore) which is pretty much garbage now.

• I understand but that issue solely concerned you, it's not like theres plenty of people that actually main buffers out there so imo, this new thing wasn't needed at all. Atleast before we could quest on our main then rush to explore other classes potentials which came quite in handy especially if you have a turtle dedicated for pve (farming and leveling your other classes that you're willing to explore) which is pretty much garbage now.

It doesn't just concern me as my 2nd class is most likely going to be Grand Chef, and I'm willing to quest in Mushroom Rocks once 55 cap hits. I also main Turtle and I usually go without buffs when farming and stuff. Really I just see people complaining because they can't power level anymore, which is fine as it gives people the opportunity to actually explore Mushroom Rock maps that NTL put effort into making. Not their smartest move in terms of level cap update (five levels to two maps) I'll admit, but still.

Regardless, this gives buffers a chance to join in on dungeon runs instead of sitting them out and acting as a buff bank.

• In my opinion this update should only apply to end game dungeons... not like for instance ud1, ud2 and ud3 which its sole purpose is to powerlevel your other characters. I say sole purpose because drops suck and stone rate sucks.

Why should we be forced to quest on like 4 different characters? If the quests were different or interesting then yeh i would get it, but its not, its just go here, talk to this guy, kill x amount of mobs... zzzzzz

Daneos keep this update, but only apply it to BIDs, tmq6-7 and ccbd... on other dungeons there isnt any problems as people usually take what they can get since rarely you find parties to do it

• In my opinion this update should only apply to end game dungeons... not like for instance ud1, ud2 and ud3 which its sole purpose is to powerlevel your other characters. I say sole purpose because drops suck and stone rate sucks.

Why should we be forced to quest on like 4 different characters? If the quests were different or interesting then yeh i would get it, but its not, its just go here, talk to this guy, kill x amount of mobs... zzzzzz

Daneos keep this update, but only apply it to BIDs, tmq6-7 and ccbd... on other dungeons there isnt any problems as people usually take what they can get since rarely you find parties to do it

Those dungeons weren't designed to be a way to powerlevel. Players simply adapted to using them for that purpose. Also people generally stick to two characters as well as low level buffers for aid in powerleveling in such. As I said, I like this update due to the player no longer being able to make "sit all day buffers."

• Those dungeons weren't designed to be a way to powerlevel. Players simply adapted to using them for that purpose.

your right it wasnt, it was designed to have better drop rates and items then in the outside world... but yet they dont.

‘Sit all day buffers’ will still exist, powerlevling outside wont make you lose buffs, and guess what, drops and stones are better outside anyways so your only forcing people to to either steal mobs from farming people or do quests which you have done on other acc already

• your right it wasnt, it was designed to have better drop rates and items then in the outside world... but yet they dont.

‘Sit all day buffers’ will still exist, powerlevling outside wont make you lose buffs, and guess what, drops and stones are better outside anyways so your only forcing people to to either steal mobs from farming people or do quests which you have done on other acc already

That's fine tbh. Farming isn't as hard as dungeons and they provide better drops. It's just the dungeon change I appreciate.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!