Attack Speed Comparison Video

• So something seemed off to me about attack speed. No-one could agree on what it's cap really was. So I did some research and figured the differences out between retail and DBOG, then made a video about it. I also found out some other things by coincidence. It'll be educational!

I found out 4 things making this video. Proof's in the video itself:

1: Attack Speed's cap appeared to be 50ms in retail, twice as fast in DBOG.

2: Autoattacks had a LOT more damage variance to them. It appears the last hit of an autoattack that's calculated as a "single attack" in the damage log is what makes it write down the attack as a crit. Hence why there's 2k crits alongside 5.5k crits for the retail fighter.

3: The cooldown cap was at minimum 70% in TW, not 50%. DBOG is right on the nose with 1CD = 0.7%CD, though.

4: Knockdowns were possible on bosses.

What do you guys think? I don't have a strong opinion to make attack speed 50ms like retail again, but I WOULD suggest to fix the speed cap for Martial Artists in specific. Crit-based Kaioken/SSJ fighters seem to do more DPS spamming RP-cooldown needles than max speed Thunder/SSJ Fighters. Since healers and buffers do way more DPS than they ever could at just 300~400ms, I think it's only fair Martial Artists got something out of speed too. They were the ones initially designed with speed in mind. It'd be sad if they end up being the only ones ending up better without it.

• If it can be added that retail speed, I don't mind and if needles can get bleed back instead of critic dmg bonus, it would be cool.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• i feel like the fighter and swordman are the only classes ingame that should have abnormal att speed because they are made for it they risk to get in close range to deal dmg..it's not fair that a turtle and fighter to have the same speed cap when fighter is at risk getting killed and turtle is not

• With the current speed cap Fighter's thunder is completely useless in pve, since max speed cap is so low. Now a days SM are a far superior choice in a CC party than fighters due to their similar damage and attack speed, but the difference is that they have better debuffs. A SM can also somewhat replace a turtle thanks to Burning attack although it doesn't work too well alone, if you have a karma with aoes + a really good dende to provide healing, you can clear hordes in no time.

Here are the props, and cons of a BA over Turtle's kame:

-No cool down with the cd rp meaning you could mix props with cd, and still be capable of launching one BA after another

-Better aoe damage than fighters + One of the largest aoe in the entire game with a 20m splash

-Less damage than a turtle

While a turtle's kame have 9 second to 27 second cooldown with full cd gear, and their auto damage/debuffs are inferior to SM's glaring slash + MA con debuff. SM have the 29 cd buff, so with only a single 21-23 cd earring you can reduce BA's cd to nothing while wearing 26 props in total from your other accessories. As if right now SM> Turtle/Crane > Fighter in a CC party.

• interesting deduction but right now i dont think anyone will get sm in their party's just because they cant rationalize this through

• I don't really agree with the whole "Swordsman > Turtle for CC" thing since a Turtle has ranged auto-attacks, attack speed shackle, defense debuff, and most importantly "speed restrain" which lets ranged parties spam attack speed from afar without much risk.

That said.....yeah, Thunder's kinda useless. Even Storm won't help you much because it'll cancel any other confuse debuff, has a massive chance of missing, and suffers from this "cc reduction" system. It'd help if at least Fighters had 50ms again. They'd be aggro-drawing monsters like in retail, and it won't save them from reflect, but it'd be fantastic for clearing out supers/ultras and making easier bosses go by superfast.

• I did also the test with atk speed a few months ago and I'm always looking at it after each update.

I found out the following things:

In dbog atk speed is capped at 93% with 1100 gloves / 94% with 1220 gloves / 95% or 96% with 1440 staff

I don't know if it was capped on tw but it was clearly much higher than on dbog. Maybe 99%/100% cap or maybe no cap at all.

• I don't really agree with the whole "Swordsman > Turtle for CC" thing since a Turtle has ranged auto-attacks, attack speed shackle, defense debuff, and most importantly "speed restrain" which lets ranged parties spam attack speed from afar without much risk.

I wouldn't say "SM>>> Turtle for CC" but it does have certain pros that gives you a good reason to use place it on a CC party. Turtle isn't the only class it can replace in a CC party, for example if a SM has enough properties it can replace SK/DW as a tank during a boss fight thanks to glaring slash(anywhere from -70 to -100% damage). In my opinion the attack speed debuff + defense debuff are nothing compared to glaring slashes -30 Attack/defense properties, and speed restrain is unnecessary if the SM does enough damage to keep the agro.

But it's not as good when it comes to tanking a horde of mobs as a namekian tank would be, and it's aoes aren't as strong as a turtle's. Unfortunately not many are capable of seeing what lies beyond SM's cons, so they don't bother using it, calling it a useless class.

• I wouldn't say "SM>>> Turtle for CC" but it does have certain pros that gives you a good reason to use place it on a CC party. Turtle isn't the only class it can replace in a CC party, for example if a SM has enough properties it can replace SK/DW as a tank during a boss fight thanks to glaring slash(anywhere from -70 to -100% damage). In my opinion the attack speed debuff + defense debuff are nothing compared to glaring slashes -30 Attack/defense properties, and speed restrain is unnecessary if the SM does enough damage to keep the agro.

But it's not as good when it comes to tanking a horde of mobs as a namekian tank would be, and it's aoes aren't as strong as a turtle's. Unfortunately not many are capable of seeing what lies beyond SM's cons, so they don't bother using it, calling it a useless class.

You are right except with the problem that non-attribute mobs ignores prop so sm would have problems tanking a non-attribute mob. On tw non-attribute mobs didn't ignore prop they just got prop + 5% more dmg or did prop + 5% less dmg

• I hate how fighter users just trying to boost up fighters more and more. No if you’re gonna increase speed again it should be for all classes and not just fighter

yeah cuz it makes very clear sense that a healer should deliver as much att speed as a fighter right ? get ur senses back up and stop hating i play turtle and i find it unfair how a fighter has to go close to targed and risk his life and turtle with the same att speed can stay 100 m away. In what mmorpg is a healer att speed equal with the dps that uses att speed?

• yeah cuz it makes very clear sense that a healer should deliver as much att speed as a fighter right ? get ur senses back up and stop hating i play turtle and i find it unfair how a fighter has to go close to targed and risk his life and turtle with the same att speed can stay 100 m away. In what mmorpg is a healer att speed equal with the dps that uses att speed?

So you are saying even with a higher + a dende should deal less damage than a fighter? Lol the logic.

"risk his life" wow there's a reason we have tanks in this game they tank so the damage dealers don't have to "risk their life" by going up close to them

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!