Attack Speed Comparison Video

• yeah cuz it makes very clear sense that a healer should deliver as much att speed as a fighter right ? get ur senses back up and stop hating i play turtle and i find it unfair how a fighter has to go close to targed and risk his life and turtle with the same att speed can stay 100 m away. In what mmorpg is a healer att speed equal with the dps that uses att speed?

Healer has already less base dmg than any other class + he has no dmg passives like other classes. So giving them less atk speed than fighter would just make their dmg literally useless

• Healer has already less base dmg than any other class + he has no dmg passives like other classes. So giving them less atk speed than fighter would just make their dmg literally useless

no? they would heal which is their pourpose not to deal dmg ? i know its nice that it can deal dmg in a speed party but still a healer is a healer not a dps class which doesent deal as much dmg but still does dmg

• i feel like the fighter and swordman are the only classes ingame that should have abnormal att speed because they are made for it they risk to get in close range to deal dmg..it's not fair that a turtle and fighter to have the same speed cap when fighter is at risk getting killed and turtle is not

for something the fighter are pvp and the turtle is pve, I think the fighter already have many advantages over the turtle, I think you complain fully

• I hate how fighter users just trying to boost up fighters more and more. No if you’re gonna increase speed again it should be for all classes and not just fighter

I'm assuming you're trying to speak PvP, 'cause nobody in the world could chastise Fighters for PvE. However, nobody can reach 50ms on their own, it makes no difference. Only Fighters had 50ms back in retail PvP, yet people made do against them. But 50 ms is suddenly too much for you here?

Healer has already less base dmg than any other class + he has no dmg passives like other classes. So giving them less atk speed than fighter would just make their dmg literally useless

Healers would be as fast as they are now. Able to tear through enemies like crazy from afar and adding massive damage to the party despite being....a healer.(It also wouldn't affect them in PvP since they can't get to max speed alone anyway.) Speed is already overpowered, I feel like making it 50ms for everyone would make the game too easy, even if it was 50ms in retail. The only reason I suggest unnerfing speed Fighters specifically is because they literally deal more damage with crits, making speed nothing but a luxury to them with this formula. They could also desperately use the PvE boost, and as for PvP.... with reflect & healing items & 4 minutes CD, it's no big deal.(In contrast, you can't heal off deadly crits.)

Fighters'll be no less likely to win tournaments than they were in retail, which isn't as often as you think. I'm making the argument soley for the sake of PvE balance. Sure, we can buff everyone and make the game way too easy, as well as MAs still having no purpose. That'd be just like retail. Or we can make it so the dedicated 1v1 DPS classes, the Martial Artists, are actually the ones dealing the major 1v1 damage.

Doesn't that make sense? Other classes have immense advantages like healing/reviving/infinite EP, incredible group-wide buffs or field-wiping AoE. These are huge incentives to take them along in parties. So why should people be satisfied with MAs dealing a tiny bit more 1v1 close-range damage than some random Poko healer with attack speed? They can heal, buff, and even tank with the right setup. Who in their right mind takes a Martial Artist over that?

• no? they would heal which is their pourpose not to deal dmg ? i know its nice that it can deal dmg in a speed party but still a healer is a healer not a dps class which doesent deal as much dmg but still does dmg

I don't think anyone cares about what u have to say right now because u just keep repeating the same thing over and over. Aight so making healers useless is what you actually want? Sure they can help u stay alive and help u out but people like to do PVP with a dende and including me, i'm not saying that they need the same damage as fighter but you are just a someone trying to make them a shitty class ( like grand chef is right now ).

2.who asked your opinion on my behavior ?

He doesn't have to ask to say what he wants

• I don't think anyone cares about what u have to say right now because u just keep repeating the same thing over and over. Aight so making healers useless is what you actually want? Sure they can help u stay alive and help u out but people like to do PVP with a dende and including me, i'm not saying that they need the same damage as fighter but you are just a someone trying to make them a shitty class ( like grand chef is right now ).

And there's the bias. Complete ignorance and blind assumptions with zero facts to back you up. There's no known universe where healers are "useless", even if they had NO attack speed. They are the most essential PvE class in the entire game, bar none. They alone can make impossible runs possible.

But hey, your main argument's from a PvP perspective. PvP where a Dende can reach 462ms on their own with literal perfect gear+perfect 10% attack speed legendary dogi ball hat+Kaioken*3. Even a Poko Priest can only reach 100ms with that exact same perfect setup. The Poko Priest is the second-fastest class on it's own, thus NOBODY in PvP's affected by the speed cap going to 50ms other than Fighters. Speed which they had in retail too.

With your PvP argument out of the way, the only counterarguments to resort to are:
    1: Current attack speed is a joke for healers, they suck at PvE because of it and/or can't farm.
    2: Martial Artists are already PvE gods that everyone would choose to put on their PvE dream team.
    3: Fighters were way too OP in retail PvP, other classes could barely win tournaments thanks to them.

The records are against you on choice 3, and I double-dare you to make either of the first 2 claims.

• A speed nerf was bound to happen anyway, when 70 cap comes in OB, history would repeat itself and players would be talking about how stupid auto attack speed is just like they did in TW DBO.

Well, I agree.....50ms was intended, but makes the game very easy with speed parties. But isn't it unfair to Martial Artists to get less from speed than everyone else? They're the least necessary members of PvE, so they could very much use the boost, and this is a fairly big PvP nerf on Fighters too.

So, my fighter had +7 gloves but weak for the speed, right? Then santo’s fighter was at +9 isn’t it almost the same? Or just big different of speed?

You and Santo you were both way over the speed cap, there's no difference there. It was purely his +9 gloves, dragonbuffs and insanely high focus causing the difference between your results. You missed more, crit less, and hit less hard, that's all there's to it.

• Well, I agree.....50ms was intended, but makes the game very easy with speed parties. But isn't it unfair to Martial Artists to get less from speed than everyone else? They're the least necessary members of PvE, so they could very much use the boost, and this is a fairly big PvP nerf on Fighters too.

You and Santo you were both way over the speed cap, there's no difference there. It was purely his +9 gloves, dragonbuffs and insanely high focus causing the difference between your results. You missed more, crit less, and hit less hard, that's all there's to it.

I played DBO on Taiwan server till it close.

My main char was alsoa fighter speed main build and i can tell u for sure that the speed cap was between 1Ms and 20Ms.

It was so OP speed, specially cuz when u cant use ur stuns while Thunder is active, that was the reason why speed was so OP.

One way to compensate, the low Speed cap, is by enabling the stuns and debuffs during THunder.

Or just set speed cap to 10ms

• I played DBO on Taiwan server till it close.

My main char was alsoa fighter speed main build and i can tell u for sure that the speed cap was between 1Ms and 20Ms.

It was so OP speed, specially cuz when u cant use ur stuns while Thunder is active, that was the reason why speed was so OP.

Or just set speed cap to 10ms

I dunno why you're convinced of the exact numbers, simply because you remember it being more powerful. If it was 10MS, those TMQ7 enemies would've died in 0.4 seconds. If it was 1MS, they would've died in 0.04 seconds. I'm sure anyone'll confirm it didn't tear through 38k LP mobs THAT quick. I did find videos where attack speed seemed even faster, but those were all older TW/KR versions. My reference is TW February 2013, which is closest to DBOG's version. Kakarot's CC runs on retail's last day confirm it wasn't changed since the ref video either. From all the damage and speed tests, there's no way speed was faster than 50ms....near the end of DBO TW, anyway.

...but there's also no way it was 100ms. I got disbelief as response from the team when I submitted it as ticket, as if it couldn't be anything but 100ms despite the evidence.

The issue remains Fighters, the only class that could reach max speed in PvP, and also the only class whose crits now deal more DPS than attack speed thanks to the 100ms cap. I'll have to wait til lvl70, collect and equally upgrade speed+crit gear, before I can decently prove speed being weaker than crits. My word and common sense aren't good enough, I guess. Even irrefutable proof sometimes isn't. X/

• I will be honest , I never understood the logic behind attack speed in dbo, sure characters in the show were super fast, but why auto attack only? I mean, instead of super fast auto attacks, so fast that the game itself can't handle animations anymore, why not fast animations for skills or rather increased damage for autos basically keeping the dps the same. Attack speed is one aspect of cap 70 that really made me quit dbo. I'm not leveling 69 levels, making a build to play at 0 APM like we do in browser mmos.

I know this is hard but some times developers can't just translate things from the show the game is based directly into the game ( like how incredbly unbalanced turtle books are based on gender).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!