Getting some freezes

• The reason is that since the severs opened its been kinda packed. That’s whats cuaing lagg not ur comp

Nope it is a Windows 10 compatibility problem, not server related. The whole client freezes every 10 seconds not the server and people already tested it on Windows 7, no freezes whatsoever there.

• Yes, as Retro Edge has stated it's a Win10 problem, not servers' one. One I installed DBOG on my win7 partition everything went smooth. To whoever said it's worth instally a VRMachine, it's just not... It's hard to get the needed performance for gaming on a vrmachine set. That said I've done quite a few things that made my Win10 game run quite smoother and only getting like 0,5ish seconds of lagg every 1 minute or so (Which doesn't bother that much since you don't feel anything that keeps you away from playing well). You can try:

1. Put DBOG folder's path into your antivirus white list.

2. Move your DBOG folder to your desktop (I mean to take it out from programfiles).

3. Install an old version of DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/es-e…onfirmation.aspx?id=34429.

If nothing of this works you can try to install a Virtual machine (WITH VMWARE PLAYER) and try to set PCI Passthrough the virtual machine by looking for internet tutorials. PCI Passthrough it's a way to "virtualise" your GPU.

• with these specs can i run the game in virtual machine?

cpu amd ryzen 5 1400 3.20 ghz

ram:8 gb

gpu:1050 ti 4gb

• with these specs can i run the game in virtual machine?

cpu amd ryzen 5 1400 3.20 ghz

ram:8 gb

gpu:1050 ti 4gb

I don't think it's possible to run a game smooth. However you can download the win7.iso from the link I left on this thread (even if it's in Spanish), mount a VirtualMarchine with that iso and just try it by yourself changing the specs you set on that virtual machine. If somehow it ends up working fine, look for a win7 english distro. There is really not much to do. Either you dualboot two Windows; you play with "mini" freezes or test a virtual machine... At the moment there is no option left :(.

• Retro Edge staff know about this problem for years, and this quote should help you understand problem and why is not yet fixed.

• How could you install an old version of directx? I can't install it because it's only for XP.

• And again, server lag has nothing to do with this issue. It also happens when you start your own server with DBO emulator.

I agree that all we can do at the moment is to adapt, in my opinion it's not a big problem when it comes to regular playing, but I think it can be irritating when it comes to PvP, when every second is important.

Well, I think there's nothing else to say about this, we all should try to find some fix on our own, maybe someone will be lucky enough to solve this mystery!

• And again, server lag has nothing to do with this issue. It also happens when you start your own server with DBO emulator.

I agree that all we can do at the moment is to adapt, in my opinion it's not a big problem when it comes to regular playing, but I think it can be irritating when it comes to PvP, when every second is important.

Well, I think there's nothing else to say about this, we all should try to find some fix on our own, maybe someone will be lucky enough to solve this myster

Man THIS IS NOT LAG FOR SURE..i play this game with 30-40 fps and sometimes it drops to 1..its fps problem not lag problem

• thank you for this

• after so many hours i tried to partition my hard drive and install windows 7...First i had problem with mouse and keyboard..my mouse and my keyboard couldnt be recognized..so i found an old keyboard PS2/port so i can install the operating system windows 7..when i installed it..others problems come..my gpu couldnt be recognize and my netword adapter neither..By the way i have only one slot for PS2/port so i cant put a mouse too.. Zeusky your keyboard and your mouse are connected to your pc through usb?(PS3/port) or with PS2/port?

• After searching of hours >.<..i see its complicated as fk for amd ryzen users to install windows 7..you need to do ton of things..i quit

I've got the same issues with keyboard/mouse, and sometimes I couldn't even see Windows 7 as an option when switching on the computer. My keyboard and Mouse are Logitech and I connected them in usb 2.0 ports when using Win7, but even after I installed the official drivers + Ethernet drivers... It was just a matter of luck that my system would recognize them so I end up wiping win7. Guess I gotta stick to that freezes or give up on that game after all these years of waiting.

That said I'm gonna do the same and try it with windows vista or another version of windows 7. If somehow it's detected and runs fine I'll post it again. But that'll have to wait until weekend.

• i have no idea about computers ect . The client is freezing loads . Its not my laptop as it ran dbo perfectly .

Im using win10 but dont use my laptop other than dbog now.

Im reading lots of confusing stuff , can i just download and install win7 ?

Yes Jhon you can,either you make a part on your hard drive,like spit it in 2 parts and one has win 10 and the other win 7,or you do a full format on your drive and install win 7

• guys ive defragged my laptop. Cleaned temp files . Made it so ive got nothing but the game on my laptoo and im still getting freezes . Can anyone help fix this shitty client freezing. Its now worse since update

If you still using win 10,im afraid there arent much you can do from your side,try ccleaner to clean your registry,watch some videos from youtube about freezes and follow the tweaks they do,put two .exe's in white list of antivirus/firewall,but honestly it improve much...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!