Dbo developent Discussion (Community made Tools, software etc)

• I'm trying to best to make a new Resource tool which will be much more user friendly then the one we currently use. I already have got the decryption key for the header files and currently i'm trying to find out how the files are being decrypted so i can apply it in the tool. The header files are encrypted in DES by the way.

All in all, i made this thread to attract more attention for the game ''background'' wise. Currently i only know 6 people other then daneos who are still working on dbo development like making their own tools for auto logging in and other ways to make the game easier. I want to encourage people who got developing skills to get themselves out in the open and cooperate with other developers to make fan made tools. I got a lot of resources and original dbo source files, and i'm always willing to share if you know what you are doing and don't just want to try and play game developer. These are complicated playgrounds especially because the game's sources are so outdated, but if you would like to lend the community a hand i would be glad to share my knowledge and resources with you. Add me on discord, but i'd rather you post a comment here first. I hope to see a same fan based developing community for dbo rise as was done in DBOCOM. Goodluck and i am looking forward to meeting all that are interested in this lending the community a hand with modding this game.

• I am currently working on a web application of the item database.

Sweet. I have something similar like that. It was an old web app but it had been taken down a long time ago. Luckily i still have the JSON files, together with some other additional files to reverse engineer it. Send me a DM on discord if you want to have them, or just to say hi.

• Thats awesome!

Please add a search function, that is the one thing I am allways crying when looking for that one name in the pile of names.

Too bad that I have not even a base set of skills in developing, otherwise I would help.

Telling me what featurs you would like it to have would be more then just helpful. You don't have to be a developer to help the cause, suggestions that would make the software more user friendly would be more then appreciated. :)

• Cool to hear.

For me most important is a search function.

Other things I can think of that might be helpfull, but idk how much work they would need:

- Picture preview of .dds files

- A background check when overwriting if the file ending matches (to prevent adding .pngs)

- a background check when overwriting if the name is the same with a popup "Not matching, are you sure to continue"

• A background check when overwriting if the file ending matches (to prevent adding .pngs)

- a background check when overwriting if the name is the same with a popup "Not matching, are you sure to continue

These two where already going to be included. That first one i'll try my best to put add in.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!