Sound issues - only background music!?!?!

• Hey!

So i've had this issue ever since i had to crash log out the game while stuck mid convo with an npc. (had for a few days now)

The thing is.. SOME servers work with full sound, ambient, background, main, effects etc but the majority of the channels (0,1,2,3,4,5, etc) ONLY play background music.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

I have deleted my user folder.

I have installed latest real high definition drivers.

Same issue. I am all out of ideas :S

Please someone help me fix this *very* annoying issue!

Specs:

Win 10 64 bit

Skylake Build rig

GTX 1080

Onboard sfx (Maximus Hero VIII)

• Yess!!! Ive had this same issue for so long, i thought it only happened to me.

I think i've just fixed it..

Uninstall the game, go in to windows registery (regedit) and delete every file with Dragonball Online in it. (CTRL F to search)

Go to the location where you installed DBOG and delete the remaining folders.

Reinstall the game and everything should be fine.. hopefully!

Edit: Can confirm this works.. having followed this method 3 times already when the game has bugged out and screwed up the sound!

• not work for me...

• Did you delete every thread in the registry? You have to keep searching until no results come back.

That's not actually a solution, cause you even said you have to re-install every time it happens, that means it's still a problem.

firmakatekyo.png 19_small.png Shadow Knight..........Lv 60
    21_small.png Grand Chef................Lv 58
    18_small.png Turtle Hermit.............Lv 49
    22_small.png Karma.........................Lv 47
    14_small.pngDende Priest...............Lv 40
  • Well it's a temp solution that works for me so I thought i'd post in case it works for anyone else. Obviously its a bug in the game that corrupts a file maybe?

I don't know then man :/ - have you checked your sound set up and make sure it's configured correctly? I run a 2:1 system and when i checked the other day it was set up to 7:1 !!

• Well it's a temp solution that works for me so I thought i'd post in case it works for anyone else. Obviously its a bug in the game that corrupts a file maybe?

I don't know then man :/ - have you checked your sound set up and make sure it's configured correctly? I run a 2:1 system and when i checked the other day it was set up to 7:1

i have this problem only in 1 character,other audio is perfect...

• i have this problem only in 1 character,other audio is perfect...

Well it's def an issue with some of the game files and my experience with this, I found it would depend on which channel I was joining - some worked, some didn't.

Only way I got it to work was to delete everything off my pc relating to Dragonball online, registry's and what not so when I came to install again, it's like the first time it's ever been installed, brand spanking new and fresh, no old files yarda yarda.

This shows its an issue within the game.

If all other audio is fine for yourself apart from one character, i would probably bet it's an audio setting 'on that character' that hasn't been adjusted? I dont know man, try sending a ticket to the mods and see what they come back with.

• i have install dbo on other computer and same problem...i have this problem on my chef majin and have see other chef majin characters with this problem...idk now contact a mod...

• hmm, regarding being with certain characters: my guess is 'something' happens while using this character, whether bugging out while speaking to an npc, server crash, game crash etc - a file gets modified/corrupted during one of these unplanned events which causes the audio issues.

What file I have no idea, the team would have a better understanding about this with having access to the script/code.

Glad this fix worked for you man, reinstalled about 4 times myself,, is a bit of a pain - make sure to keep the install file!

Weirdly though I never suffered this annoying bug during previous betas..

I am 99.9% sure this is an issue within the script it self - a conflict? Bad coding? Whatever it is I hope the team can solve it.

Being a 'common' issue and not a one off should make it a bit easier to find and fix.. I hope!

Urge people having this issue to give my temp solution a go!

• When i login to game i got only background music, no fight sound, drop Stones, dragon ball, power up etc.

I need to logout to character screen and login again. But if i logout to char screen and login again, I again lose sound. Another one relog help and bring back sound. That's so weird...

So...

Open game, login on my char -> No sound

Logout to character screen and choose again any channel -> Sound back!

Logout to character screen and choose any channel -> No sound again

Logout to character screen and choose again any channel -> Sound back!

Logout to character screen and choose any channel -> No sound again

Endless loop [...]

It's annyoing, but I've learned already... when i login to game for a first time, i automatically go back to character screen and login again.

I've tried reinstall DBO (clean), even reinstall my windows and It wont help me. I've heard some people got same problem as me.

I had no problem on original DBO.

• That's pretty bizarre.. for me certain servers worked fine and some didn't.. but would change by the next day, say channel4 worked fine today, tomorrow it wouldn't :/

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!