Comprehensive Suggestions, Balancing and Bug Findings List

• [Last Update: February the 10th2019, 18:42 Denmark Time]

-Forewords:

Hi guys.

This is my personal comprehensive list of suggestions, balancing and bug findings.

The list you see here will be expanded upon and edited a lot, and are my own personal take, experience, insight and wishful thinking.

It is almost exclusively based on (original) DBO KR, as I haven't been playing at all in the space between the closing of KR and to the opening of DBOG’s open beta here.

Apologies if some of my stuff written down below may seem like a rip-off from other suggestions and the like; that will be purely coincidental. However, certain other threads or posts may have inspired an idea, tweak or such.

I would like to keep this entire thread a personal matter, but I will say, that it is my hope, that this thread will become stickied – if liked by and agreed in the community – and a gathering place for other like-minded individuals with a lot on their mind and in their heart.

I absolutely love the fact that one guy with a burning passion, has single-handedly reverse-engineered this game back to life, in the form of DBOG aka. DBO v2.0. And with his team of loyal staff members, and of course us, the dedicated community, I believe that this game will endure! I must say, though, that I still have a grand wish, for the private server development soloist Daneos to become a fully fleshed team!

I must also say, that I sadly feel that the toxicity in the community is at a trigger hair high, and flaming, bashing and insults occur far to often, both on the forums and in-game. Let’s all put our differences aside, and instead unite as one entity, in the common cause of the game we all play and love!

Now, onto the actual thread:

DBOG Suggestions:

General & Quality Of Life Changes:

1. There should be a way for non-cashers to earn cash shop points; like a low drop rate chance, dungeon bosses, certain quest rewards, from more events and so on.

2. An option to link and show items in these chat boxes (locked to the Trade, Say and Whisper channels).

3. A percentage display option for your LP and EP bars.

4. When scrolling through the chat boxes, the place you scrolled it to shouldn't be reset or moved up or down when new chat text appear.

5. Zeni selling prices should be displayed on all sell-able items.

6. More and larger bank storage slots and spaces.

7. The last (6th) backpack slot to be opened up for usage.

8. All quest rewards, loot drops etc. (for example a ‘Popo Candy’) should stack if you already own at least one already, no matter if your inventory is full or not.

9. The ability to jump up and start flying from water surfaces (e.g while swimming).

10. Many of the items, such as these consumables (Pet Food lvl 2 and 3, LP & EP Autopots etc.) should be able to be purchased for Zeni from special merchants.

11. All LP & EP autopot tiers should either: A) be removed altogether; B) be available as loot from common (low tier) to rare (high tier) drops; or C) automatically refill over time, so only one lp and one ep pot is truly needed.

12. The various quest reward crafting items (ex. Gold, Frog Skin etc.) should have a purpose, and be needed for some unique craftable items.

13. More bank slots, and the option to somehow earn or buy slot expansions for each slot.

14. EVERY single usable item (consumables etc.), and indeed everything except ones own character skills, should be disabled and unusable while doing any form of Budokai Tournament. The same should go for Ranked Battles.

15. There should be added a Ranked Battle mode, where every single item you normally can use, is allowed.

16. There should be a 24-hour time window Buyback option at every merchant, for if you accidentally sold an item, or just went to regret the selling.

17. Achievements! Not exactly required, but would be awesome to have more to do and strive for. The achievements should be stored and displayed in your forum account here.

18. The release of any unfinished DBO Original content, such as DWC (Dragon World Challenge).

19. A Dogi, Hair, Accessory etc. storage / separate bank, where you can list your costumes, store them and take them out at will. Exactly like the anime MMORPG Eden Eternal has.

20. Every week, there should be one of the many Events active, like the Giant Fish one, on top of the Underworld event.

21. Budokai Tournaments (goes for all of them) shouldn't be every single week. It should be twice a month in total: week 1 = Solo Kid Budokai and Adult on two different days. Week 3 = Group Kid Budokai and Adult on two different days.

22. While stunned, knocked down or otherwise impaired or incapacitated, you should be able to use healing items and such.

23. The total of ones token shop points should be shared among all characters on the same account.

24. Every single item in the token shop should be bound immediately upon purchase. Additionally, the items should be account bound (freely usable and mail-able between all characters shared on that account).

25. All items from the Leveling gift box, such as leftover exp scrolls, same as with stuff like token items, should be account-shared, meaning that they should be enabled to be sent freely to any one character on the same account.

26. There should be a precise cooldown timer on any item and skill when mouse-hovering on it, which displays minutes and / or seconds left.

27. You should be able to use the Popo teleport skill and other stuff, items, skills, features etc., during Kaioken and other transformations.

28. Pet skills you have put on your hotbar should stay until you manually remove or replace them.

29. Pets shouldn't automatically get dismissed after a channel change, login/out, unless you manually do it yourself.

30. Stackable items should automatically be stacked with its appropriate partner when right-clicking (aka. quick withdraw / export)--the item from or unto your inventory or the bank stash.

31. When you've bought and used a Crafting Recipe, there should be a display on the same item from the merchant, saying: 'Already Known', as to know which recipes one already have learned.

32. An option to change the names of your Pets.

33. An option to hide your own name, the title names, the names of other players, pets, your own and other player’s guild names.

34. An option to create and save a second build, so that your characters can freely swift between two different desired builds on the go. A cooldown for this feature could be 1 hour.

35. When using a skill that has a cast time, you should be able to cancel (override) that and use a new ability simply by clicking on the desired skill. Currently, you have to manually move your character for it to cancel, and then use the desired skill.

36. When fighting against multiple targets, you should be able to manually click and lock in on another target you want to attack next, but without it resetting back to the previous and former enemy you were attacking.

37. Quest-specific V mobs should have their respawn timer greatly increased, as it takes ages for them to respawn.

38. The ‘’hitbox’’ of collect quests’ collectible items should be greatly increased.

Combat:

1. Even if a Super, Elite, Boss or whatever target is immune to stuff like knockdown, the actual impact damage and / or dot, effect etc. should still be accumulated. Seems that it does, just visually not shown in the combat log.

2. When a skill is on cooldown, holding said skill’s hotkey down to use the RP charge ability should make you use that skill when it’s gone off its cooldown.

3. Charging during combat and getting hit shouldn’t completely cancel out what you’ve Z-charged up to that point. It should either A) do nothing, B), cancel the current charge (but not the amount already charged) or C) gradually lower the amount of the charging bar per hit.

4. There should be two kinds of targeting. Right-clicking should be like it is now, where you will auto-run towards the target to get in range, and the second kind should be: left-click will make you always stay on the spot you are, unless manually moving or using skills which moves your character.

5. A (probably) impossible implementation which I think would be absolutely awesome and very true to Dragon Ball, is to: have the ability to have a small time window (visibly shown by a marker on the charge bar)--so that you can dash around inside of that window of time, to move around or get behind the targeted enemy/ies while you are charging up the RP skills.

6. Even if you currently have no RP’s to use, you should skill cast the non-RP’d skill if that hotkey is held down.

• Graphics, Display & Settings:

1. The option to hotkey and / or macro mouse buttons.

2. Decrease the blurry effects during accelerated flight (or at least make an option to turn it off).

3. There should be an option to Hide gloves.

4. There should be an option to individually hide any and all of the various dogis / hats / accessories etc.

5. There should be an option to (e.g.) Shift + Click on vendor items, to buy a higher quantity at once.

6. In the Character Status window, additional text and details should be displayed on all of the status texts; for example when hovering over Crit Energy (so that we know how high the percentage to crit is).

UI & GUI:

1. The current mini map zoom scale, world map’s objective checker, the chat boxes, inventory position, aggro meter, gear upgrade notifications box, character screen and character zoom-out angle ''settings'' should be saved, so that their position and setting isn’t always reset.

2. The items you put on your hotbar (like consumables) should be grayed out on the hotbar instead of fully disappear when the quantity reaches null.

3. An option to add more hotbars, and freely move it to a preferred position.

4. Hotbars, character display and portrait (LP and EP bars with it) should be enabled to be freely moved around, and locked afterwards.

5. An option to zoom in and out on the world map.

6. An option to put markers on the world and mini map, both for personal and / or party use.

7. In the auction house’s item search field, you should be able to search for just a few letters or a fragment of the full item's name, in order to have a list of items shown, matching the description.

8. When typing in 'keywords' in the auction house's search field (for example 'Critical') it should search for and list all items with the typed keyword.

9. The option to shift + right-click on an item, to copy its full name to either the auction house or chatbox etc.

Dragon Ball Hunt:

1. Bear with me here. This might be either too difficult, or just plain impossible to implement; but aside from the DB mob lock system (which works great!!), I would like to see a system that basically breaks mobs with DB icons into, say, 10 sections per server channel. E.g: 10 players standing on the same spot, on the same channel, at the same time. Player 1 through 10 will all see the same mobs in this area, but all 10 players will each have a different group/s of mob/s with a DB icon (if any). Now, as to not exploit such a system, if either of the 10 players were to form a party, they would go back to the original (current) state of how DB mobs are spawned, and all see the same DB mobs (if any). Also, if player 1 told player 5 which of the mobs he (player 1) had spawned, only player 1 could get lucky and have a dragon ball drop for him from that particular mob, and by no means would player 2-10 be able to get that ball at all which player 1 spawned and had dropped.

Token Shop:

1. I totally understand, and quite frankly, agree that certain people with tons of accounts just sitting there, afk-farming Tokens all day, is not the way to go.

2. I like the idea of a specified channel for this kind of ''activity''. The remaining channels should either have the afk check system as in the retail DBO versions, or simply get kicked after a set amount of time idling.

3. Prices. Yes, I know there will be changes to this, but I just wanted to say, that I feel the prices are too steep. I am not sure what the price-range would be ideally, but how about 500 Tokens for 1 x 100k LP autopot? Still seems a bit expensive in my honest opinion though.

4. New items. Also, it seems like this would happen at some point. I'd like to see Brown Boxes in there, for a fair token price. As of right now, those damned things basically are the currency of DBOG.

• Mob Drops:

1. To stabilize the overpriced economy a bit, and to give little-to-non-cashers a fighting chance, I would like to see more of the currently cash-only items, as being somehow on the loot table. Not necessarily from the Boss monsters etc. only, but also from the average open-world monsters.

How about, as it once were, the chance for mobs (all mobs within +/- 5 levels of your own) to have a chance to drop an item chest, and then the keys for it could be sold for like next-to-nothing in the Token Shop? Items from these chests should be stuff that is currently only sold in the cash shop, and could range from the lowest and to the highest tier of items.

Let's be honest here. This game is a bit like a glorified p2w game as it stand, with clever freemium methods behind the curtain, that rewards ''donateers'' and punish the truly f2p people.

Brown Boxes:

1. I feel that Brown Boxes (which basically ARE the current currency), needs to be available in all possible ways of this game!

2. For direct purchase of a set amount of cash shop points.

3. Being one of the many items through the wagu machine (as it is).

4. For various events, such as the current Underworld one (but with the drastically reduced price change which are coming)!

5. On the general loot table, so they have a chance to be dropped in either chests or as simple low-chance loot drops from regular world mobs and the likes.

DBOG Balancing:

General:

-Across the board, on all of the AoE and Line / Cone skills in the game, the hit rate and success rate should increase the more enemies / mobs you use such skills on, stay the same when used on a certain amount of enemies affected, and decrease when beneath a set minimum amount. Moreover, as to not make purely AoE-based skills become single-target nukers, the actual hit or success rate should lower when used on a group of targets below the skill's specified amount, and become pretty much highly likely to miss, when used on just a single player, mob or boss target.

-Any form for taunt and aggro-related ability should hit and be applied no matter what, a hundred percent of the time! - The majority of such skills have zero effect on PvP, but can be the difference between life and death while PvE'ing in parties.

-Kaioken level 2 and 3 should have its LP & EP drain gradually reduced. To compensate the usage of putting 3 skill points in Kaioken, the LP and EP drain per second shouldn’t be higher than 5% at lvl 3/3.

Dark Warrior (DW) Skill Changes:

-Higher base hit and success rates (especially regarding PvE) as well as a higher hit rate per Focus point for DW's.

-Higher base aggro gains, and indeed, the original open beta aggro system was much better!

-When you’ve wished for the Great Namek ability, 1 point should automatically (and freely) be going alongside it for both of the two unique transformation skills. More over, more abilities and skills should be usable while in this form. The duration should be increased to 30 minutes, and the cooldown stay the same.

1. DW's should get the SK's Violent Slice ability, and swap that with the DW's Whirlwind ability (which in turn should get a significant buff, and utilize the Axe weapon) – As a heavier tank than the SK, it makes more sense for the DW to have an AoE stun ability, and likewise to balance out the difference between these two classes some.

2. Demon Wave (at lvl 4/4 – buff) - Utilize the Gloves: Energy Impact Damage: 250%. 180% Burning Damage every second for 5 sec; bigger / wider cone, 10m length-range on 20 enemies, 450 EP cost – The original skill is useless, simple as that. This skill has always had potential, but without being made truly useful. This buff will make it a really viable choice, without making it as strong as the SK's Bold Strike. The new aoe and cone system should of course apply, as to force it heavier towards PvE usage.

3. Dragon's Punishment (at lvl 5/5 – buff) - Utilize the Claws: Physical Impact Damage: 350%. LP Leech Amount: 800%. Cooldown: 45 Sec. Affecting a maximum of 20 enemies – In the DW's arsenal, this skill should be the only one NOT affected by the aoe / cone / line system!

- Increases the hit chance and amount healed percentage the lower amount of enemies it is used on, thus increasing its usefulness in pvp and single target / boss pve combat.

4. Special Beam Cannon (at lvl 5/5 – buff) – Utilize the Gloves: Energy Impact Damage: 800. Energy Damage Multiplier: 500%. 5m line on 40 targets. Cost: 250 EP. Penetrates energy defense – This skill is pretty good, even at lvl 70. However, being the signature move of Piccolo (which the base class are based on), it lacks a unique and fitting feature, in order to be a truly desired skill. The penetrate trait will fully ignore the targets’ energy defenses, thus accomplishes that.

5. Hellzone Grenade (at lvl 5/5 – buff) Utilize the Gloves. Energy Damage Multiplier: 550%. Hidden Value: Cannot be dodged. Status Effect: Decreases both Energy and Physical attack by 25% for 10 seconds. Cost: 150 EP. Cooldown: 25 seconds – Hellzone is a very great skill, and indeed one in our core arsenal. It just needed a bit of a buff, tweak and adjustment. The original low energy attack decrease never made sense, for example.

6. Dragon's Protection (at lvl 3/3 – buff) - LP cost 5k, but increased duration to 1 min.

7. Increase LP (lvl 1, 2 & 3 – buffs) – 500 LP should be gained per level, ending in a maximum of 1500 LP at lvl 3/3 – The LP gained for 3 points in particular was always a way to low amount. Buffing it to 500 LP per point, I can see it justified to go for these passives for certain specific builds. This would benefit both classes.

Dende:

(Across the board): Drastically decreased base aggro gains.

• DBOG Bugs & Fixes:

General:

1. Sometimes, when flying, your character will suddenly start spinning around in circles. (No clue how to replicate). Could be enemy-targeting / aggro related.

2. The chat boxes automatically moves themselves downwards at every single login.

3. The chat box sometimes pop out of place and gets stuck there (need a pic).

4. Sometimes, the screen / game will freeze for very short moments.

5. Sometimes, the game will drop to the low-20 frames, and stay there. Alt + Tab will temporarily fix it.

6. When a quest rewards a stackable item – of which you already have – in an otherwise full inventory, it can't be completed. It should instead simply stack with your own such item.

7. Sometimes, when you land after flight, the ground geometry will bug out and become black, blue or transparent for a second or so.

8. When you fly towards a place and land at the exact same time as the accelerated flight kicks in, the screen will zoom out and in again real quick.

9. The lower half of the text in the chatbox is permanently not visible (need a pic).

10. When using a power-charged Whirlwind (perhaps even with all AoE attacks) but without a valid target (e.g if target died prior) the RP ball will be used, but the attack will be canceled and the cooldown ensues. Perhaps it’s just a visual glitch.

11. Mobs are currently able to target you when high up on any platform or surface.

12. The pathfinding of mobs needs tweaking. Often, they will be able to run and shoot through solid objects and walls.

13. At the duration's end of +12 Upgrade Coupons, the visual effect will still be applied to your item.

14. For some reason, even if you have all the sound options enabled and on full volume in-game, only the music will play. Closing down and reopening the game usually temporarily fixes it.

15. You can't search on the auction house for so-called 'invalid icons' such as a '.' (dot) like with the Mr. Satan dogi and hat.

16. Mobs with a patrol team (a static group of enemies) sometimes bug out, flickering back and forth. Possible due to pathfinding problems. (Need a pic).

17. Most mobs will aggro you before the impact (damage or otherwise) of your abilities land.

18. Sometimes, when whisper-chatting with a person, the default reply /r will state: Invalid user, or user not online. Seems to be related to if you change your current chat channel during the whisper conversation.

19. ^On a similar note, the name of the guy you whisper-chat with, will sometimes be in all lowercase letters, even if the persons name is spelled differently.

20. ^Thirdly, after a while, you have to manually write /r to respond to the whispered person every time you want to say something. A ''fix'' for this is to go to your friends list, press the person in speak, and press the Whisper option.

21. Whenever a friend on your friends list is inside of a dungeon, the – also incorrectly spelled – text: ''Not exist terrain name'' will be displayed.

22. You can't use and learn a crafting recipe during Kaioken (perhaps even with all transformations).

23. The CCM Knight hat accessory, will be incorrectly named 'CCM Knight Hat' while in your cash shop's inventory, but named 'CCM Knight Helmet' when drawn to your backpack.

24. The world map will sometimes glitch, and the actual world map (although incredibly small sized) will overlay the area you are currently mouse-hovering over (need a pic).

25. At the end of the Block ability, the charged attack you are about to do won’t occur. You have to then release the hotkey, and press it again for it to take affect.

26. Quite often, when aggroing a group of mobs, the ones at the back row in the horde will visually appear as farther away than they are. Possibly pathfinding or ping-related.

27. The EP Dash pet skill doesn’t work at all. It won’t ever use any VP when you dash, be it while full, low or completely drained of EP. This is kind of a big deal, considering that the Pet Bean can be bought for real life money through the cash shop.

28. Sometimes, for some reason, the camera will force itself to align back with your character no matter what you do, even if you drag it to another desired position.

29. When you’re charge-attacking with a skill, but if the target died prior to launching it, the reticule mouse symbol will still appear until you randomly left-click on the ground etc.

30. For some reason, sometimes an RP-charging attack won’t launch at all, and you will be stuck in the charging positions animation until you move your character.

31. The skill you were about to use shouldn’t become on cd when interrupted by a kd and the like. It should still be canceled, but not go on cd as if used (which it didn’t).

• Great Namekian, according to the wikia: "The transformation is quite painful due to the excessive additions to the user's body. According to Goku, this state does not actually increase the user's power level, though it does make them heavier and more durable without impacting their speed, increases physical strength, and also gives their physical blows much greater offensive power" Clearly the speed isn't affected so I don't get why are they freaking slower, everything else goes according to the description in game but not the speed.

Pure Majin is in fact extremely fast so instead of the -% slow give him a slight +%

ENABLE to use dragon buffs during transformations

Fix the sort option from inventory

Improve Auction House search, using ALL CAPS or not, and signs like quotation marks

ENABLE the possibility to SKIP EVERY SINGLE SCENE IN TMQ'S / TLQ'S please god

Make it possible NOT TO LOSE transformations upon disconnecting or changing channels, this way people wouldn't be attached to a single channel for 1 hour.

Make it possible to preview all the dogis/accessories and so on from the game to have an idea of what would suit you the best and then buy it. Not every race and char looks good with the same outfits, and Auction House doesnt have all the dogis most of the time.

• Just a simple bump for my thread here, which I originally created back in March of 2018.

As it seems that Daneos will (soon) release the long-overdue and [in]famous New Client, on top of what seems like he's started to take notice and give personal responses to various threads and posts in the community here; thus is why I wanted to bump mine up, as I think many of my ideas, findings and suggestions are noteworthy, and are good candidates for the new upcoming client. I have many more such ideas etc., on my personal note, which I will add to my thread here!

- Keep it civil folks; Toxicity Aren't welcome! -

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!