Monster aggro now only depends on dealt damage.

• Actually DW should have all the things to maintain aggro and SK nothing.
    In the game original concept (and early days) the Tanks of the game was DW, Ultimate and Grand Chief... SK was made to be a DPS
    The problem was that during the game life, they nerfed Ultimate and Grand Chief tank capacity, while buffed SK dps and tank.
    In a point, SK could tank, dps and control, while DW was leave with a less effective tank capacity close to SK and no damage
    DW died as a class, Ultimate and Grand Chief become only buffers and that's it

Ultimate and Grand Chief can survive as buffers, and they're needed, but now with this aggro system, they killed DW in this server too
    Daneos need to revert this system so people who likes DW could play with it again, at least in PvE.

• Smh ya stupid ? basically the mob goes for the one who dealt most dmg to them. ofc dps class trying to take them down fast but do you think the tanks going to keep the aggro for awhile? even the dende wont be able to save dps ass if they going to die to 2-3 hits this update made it much more fun to watch dps class try to tank when they wont hold long enough its basically focus on the aggro bar and make sure not to take the aggro i seen it from today's ud's the tank didnt get aggro that much cause of the dps went flying around

and for the healers basically they will lose the aggro instantly from daneos idea he said himself that he going to remove the aggro from healing soo they wont be touch but ofc when that happens it takes while meanwhile dende has buff for that to get less aggro from healing so np for whoever who struggles to heal their party smh

That has to be sarcasm, please it has to...that makes no sense, this IS A MMO, DPS deal dmg tanks take the aggro to let their DPS party members do their job safely thats the ROLE of a tank healers heal the tank making him an impenetrable wall for the ones in the back while he keeps everyone else alive and safe. DPS dont mean to take aggro, Neither do the Healers (but im some cases some game mechanics make it so the enemies gets more aggro from healers and attack them as priority thats where a tank role is needed to generate even more aggro and keep them alive) if the game makes it so DPS get the aggro and not the tank, that has no sense and needs to change asap

• Totally agreed, as a player that invested a good 200 hours into this class since OB started, I'm rather irritated by the fact that I'm unable to perform what a tank is supposed to do, which is to controll aggro & sustain dmg while others do their roles. Agreed with OP...

• Old aggro system needs to be back with bonus part that tanker class with each auto attack generate 10% + aggro.

Since mostly on higher caps there will be attack speed parties, with this mode not even DW will ever lose aggro, even if he have crap dmg.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Well here it is how this aggro works now:

1. Tanker skills - more you spam skills, better aggro will be

2. Damage Aggro bonus - if tanker deals good dmg it will keep it better

3. Taunts + debuffs - longer debuffs exist on boss, it will help out in keeping aggro

I test this many times in CC while I was doing it and change in CC is funny, some bosses are immune to bleed, some sleep and what ever.

I didn't test them much since we did only CC25 in this cap but I am sure, it will be funny as hell.

Only problem I saw with this Boss dodge rate that dodge like 90% of my bold skills that would help in keeping aggro or when they KD after KD soo sometime you lost aggro.

Well I didn't test on my DW, I was doing with my SK but it is mostly that tanker needs to have skills with LOW CD to spam them to have no problem in keeping the aggro.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• How is it worse

Because of this:

sometimes boss change target, even if the tank has 100% agro.

We see this same problem doing UD, TMQ and CCDG
    Even with the tank having 100% aggro, monsters and bosses keep attacking people with low aggro
    This problem happened with DW and SK tanking
    I already send a ticket talking about it, hope they fix this, because it's useless the tank has 100% aggro if the enemy will ignore that and attack other players with low aggro

• I really do not get why aggro needs to be changed at all, it was really good aggro.

Now aggro is based too much on dmg and spam skills to hold it, and if someone stun or KD tanker while rest attacking, tanker will lose aggro and fast.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• I thought aggro would be like that right now:
    the nearest player to the boss will get aggro or did I miss something?

Player that is near to boss gets aggro and it should be tanker.

Now that tanker gets aggro and if he does not spam skills as mad man and deal enough dmg, he will lose aggro easy af.

Plus since tanker will get stun, kd or what ever that will disable him from "skill spam" and if someone deal high dmg, he gets aggro instantly at least in this cap.

I have no idea will it get better on higher caps or worse...

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!