Monster aggro now only depends on dealt damage.

• Now listen we need to revert back to the old aggro system. But if I recall it, the reason why it was changed in the first place was because people that had taunt as skill, mainly used it to steal other peoples mobs, if I'm not mistaken.

So taunt and damage aggro need to have separate formulars in order to please everyone. I dont know if the formular for taunt was nullifying aggro by damage before. But taunt now simulate damage outcome without giving damage and tanks have a harder time keeping aggro, mostly the class DW have huge problems, mainly because their damaging skills aren't enough to keep up with SK as tanking class.

Now lets take a scenarier where a mob is getting attacked by two players, one being a class with taunt and another just being a dps. We know that the one that does most of the damage gets the loot.

The mob has 3000 lp, the dps attacks the mob and the mob looses 1200 lp, then the class with taunt, uses the taunt skill and imitates ex. 3000 lp damage (the mob doesn't loose damage, but it got imitated), and the taunt class does only 600 lp damage and the dps does the rest of the mobs lp and kills it. But the mobs loot are then given to the player with taunt.

Now here is the deal, if the formular for taunt, is imitating damage and damage is "actual damage" then the loot needs be handed to the one that does actual damage. But the aggro needs to have the formular imitating damage + actual damage, the imitated damage needs to be of the right value and needs testing to actually fit for the caps.

I think that this will take a lot of time to change, I'm not sure how the coding is carried out, but give Daneos some time to test it.

• Wait just because taunt do what it should do, and because there are turtles who cry about people who farm with tankers that takes tons of time, whole aggro system is changed soo we can't do UD,TMQ,BID's as we could before....

It is really lame af, just increase level of mobs in papaya and everyone can farm with no problem.

This was never problem before....

Nah, old aggro system was better and farming with that aggro system shouldn't be problem.

Turtle can easy rape mobs around world map, all in area, while DW handle 1 group of mobs...

If that was problem, then I don't know what...

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

Edited once, last by Iceman ().

• Or you know people can grow up and just change channel, its really that simple... no need to change an entire system based on 1 small group of dickheads.

• Or you know people can grow up and just change channel, its really that simple... no need to change an entire system based on 1 small group of dickheads.

Well it is not that simple just to close your eyes. So if I understand your logic, you say basically that we shouldn't punish murders because so few does the crime, instead of being mad switch country.

I think Daneos changed the aggro system with a good intention.

• Well it is not that simple just to close your eyes. So if I understand your logic, you say basically that we shouldn't punish murders because so few does the crime, instead of being mad switch country.

I think Daneos changed the aggro system with a good intention.

Well that's a bigger issue then someone crying about some twat stealing his mobs, different scenario entirely. Was this update really such a huge priority to implement? No. Was it necessary? No. If someone steals your CS in League or Dota does that person get punished? No, because its such a small and petty thing that isn't worth the developers time to address( maybe in league because they're so PC and cater to crybabies). Daneos keeps on doing these changes catering to noobs, instead of fixing the major issues of this game.

• Well that's a bigger issue then someone crying about some twat stealing his mobs, different scenario entirely. Was this update really such a huge priority to implement? No. Was it necessary? No. If someone steals your CS in League or Dota does that person get punished? No, because its such a small and petty thing that isn't worth the developers time to address( maybe in league because they're so PC and cater to crybabies). Daneos keeps on doing these changes catering to noobs, instead of fixing the major issues of this game.

Sorry to break it, I don't really understand you. The aggro mob loot thing is a problem that many experience, and it is a good approach to fix bugs and flaws in the game system. The aggro system just need a bit of testing and adjustments.

• Sorry to break it, I don't really understand you. The aggro mob loot thing is a problem that many experience, and it is a good approach to fix bugs and flaws in the game system. The aggro system just need a bit of testing and adjustments.

So many times in POB i've had turtles instantly nuke down mobs im pulling on papaya. Did I cry then? No, i simply talked shit to that guy and moved on with my day. Should all kames now deal 80% less damage to mobs that aren't aggroed to the turtle hermit? No, that'd be stupid. The fact that this update made an already subpar class even worse at his job, and made it so that buffers can no longer reliably semi tank is a good enough reason why this cannot stay. And in no world is some humans having their mobs stolen more important than PVE balance and class viability.

• So many times in POB i've had turtles instantly nuke down mobs im pulling on papaya. Did I cry then? No, i simply talked shit to that guy and moved on with my day. Should all kames now deal 80% less damage to mobs that aren't aggroed to the turtle hermit? No, that'd be stupid. The fact that this update made an already subpar class even worse at his job, and made it so that buffers can no longer reliably semi tank is a good enough reason why this cannot stay. And in no world is some humans having their mobs stolen more important than PVE balance and class viability.

Yea I understand now, but I would say its a bit selfish to not think about the other problems concerning aggro system, what I think the game developer is trying to is to make it as good as before, but still fulfill the needs on the other end. I don't disagree with you, I just have another approach on the field, as I know how hard coding can be and seeing it at a developers side you want something to be good and not second best thing, and that's why aggro system needs to be changed for the better. For now see this as a testing phase.

• I can't believe they didn't fix it... This new agro system is totally broken, tanking is nearly impossible, you have to spam taunts like crazy and even that not always help.

Why does wonder majin have confusion duration 30 seconds and karma skill lock 20 seconds if other classes have their stuns last no more than 10 seconds?

#nerfwondermajin

• I don't really understand how this change works.

I have a +12 kinda bulky buffer, and I used to tank CC just fine, I get aggro with my taunt, I can spin the boss down, easy.

Then suddenly the bottom on the aggro list gets targeted by the boss, and even if I have 100%, the person still gets hit. I don't get it.

Also, spin literally DECREASES your aggro, I hope this wasn't intentional.

• What I could understand and replicate is that the person closest to the boss not holding the aggroh will be targeted by the boss. So say you have an ultimate and a tank and a few rangeds, if the tank holds aggroh it turns on ultimate. If you only have a tank and a lot of ranged, the ranged that is closest to the boss gets the aggroh. It's weird.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!