Having a hard time making a choice. (Ultimate vs Grand Chef)

• Hello all,

So for an alt on a separate account i made a Mighty Majin (damn they miss a lot when attacking), anyways, Since this is going to be a buffer (not aiming for a high level, just level 35 - 45ich because i really don't have time to play, besides, in tmq and ud parties there will always be majins and tanks. I am just looking for a little boost in leveling and since turtle are very weak on the defense...yeh) for my main character, which is a Turtle.

But i still cannot decide if it's better to be an Ultimate or a Grand Chef...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Ultimate 's buff are needed everywhere more then Grand chef..

basically to say it like this Grand chef sucks -------- Ultimate wins

Also the buffs grand chef got is meant for pvp nothing special at al.. you wont be op in late game as ultimate is...

Grand Chef's buffs aren't bad per say as they provide more offensive capabilities. Also Grand Chefs are much more durable and can play the role of tank thanks to its high LP, Having AoE skills and a ball transformation isn't bad either.

So really it comes down to whether you want to play supportive (offense or pure) for the team, or play offensive with your AOEs and offensive buffs.

• Hey guys, thanks for taking your time to answer my post.

I am just looking for a support alt character for my main character. I'm not really aiming for 70, 60 or even a 50 alt.

My goal is to create a "buffish" char to buff my Turtle ((or a fighter in the future, or any other squishy class) xD...

That is why i was asking whether grand chef or ultimate would suit this particular spot!

• Grand Chef's buffs aren't bad per say as they provide more offensive capabilities. Also Grand Chefs are much more durable and can play the role of tank thanks to its high LP, Having AoE skills and a ball transformation isn't bad either.

So really it comes down to whether you want to play supportive (offense or pure) for the team, or play offensive with your AOEs and offensive buffs.

the result is still that ultimate wins no matter what .. sure they might have good dmg from skill and maybe 3 useful buffs but they are not needed in pve and ofc people wont pick grand chef in pvp party rank/budokai cause everyone wants the usefull buff to begin with Prop LP% regn instantly also i like to see a grand chef vs ultimate in this server if we ever get that thus far in pob that mission failed from me playing as a ultimate doing rank i just meet humans and karma and sk ... not a single grand chef ya wanna know why ? its cause those who made that char to lvl 70 is just using it for buffs nothing else

• Both could work for you, in your place i would choose chef's buff, because will grant me more damage and if you'll farm with the buffer besides will gain more EP regen every 2 min, so for farmin with a turtle the chef is a better option, for tanky classes i would go for ultimate.

firmakatekyo.png 19_small.png Shadow Knight..........Lv 60
    21_small.png Grand Chef................Lv 58
    18_small.png Turtle Hermit.............Lv 49
    22_small.png Karma.........................Lv 47
    14_small.pngDende Priest...............Lv 40
  • Grand Cheff gives you ALOTTTT more health and defenses, aswell as extra hitrate.

Ball transformation from cheff is 25.6 seconds with the 28% passive duration.

Aswell as instant RP and AoE candybeam

Ulti's on other hand give you extra LP % if you have bad LP % items its really good.

Aswell as 4 more property then cheff.

also ultimate is more resistant to debuffs, and can free himself from stuns.

But ultima flame spin is only 14 seconds.

• don't forget that flame spin has less cooldown than ball transformation

• Ok, fair enough, i went with ultimate majin, and i'm going for level 40ish for now.

Thank you all for the insightful answers!!

dont worry the comment dont stop here people will comment more thus far those who main ultimate and grand chef did yet not show their faces to this thread

reaosn for that would be why even bother but yeah

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!