Help me decide an alt

• So, to keep a long story short, I'm looking for a character to use as an alt to my Turtle Hermit. Currently with the level cap of level 45 still in play I'm planning on spending time working on an alt character that I can play with for whenever I don't feel like playing my Turtle Hermit, or for whenever I reach the levelcap and thus can't really progress anymore aside from gearing up until for when the level cap gets increased.

My question for this is, what class should I use? Currently I have a level 20 Namekian, but I'm stuck whether I should go for a Shadow Knight (which was my first decision), or whether I should go for a Dark Warrior rather than a Shadow Knight. However I've also seen the things that an Ultimate Majin can do in PvE and a little bit in PvP, so, my choice is between those three. Help me decide what alt character I should make. For those that are experienced in these classes, plus give me some pros and cons for each class, a particular build to use (preferably a PvE build, but a Hybrid works just as well, just no strict PvP build) and tell me why you think that this class would be a nice pick for me to try.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

• It all depends. Since you said you prefered PVE the most, i would suggest majin (ultimate majin), simply because of it's OP spin ability. With the attack you can wipe out several/dozens mobs, which then you can sell bad items to npc and good items (stones. armor, weapons, etc) in AH/shop. This is the way i've earned literally millions of zeni, using spin for an hour or 2.

I also think you should level up your namekian, and definitely go for shadow knight. The class is arguably the best pvp class and most op at that. The class is very tanky, but also do a ton of dmg, this is partly why people hating playing against a SK in ranked. The class has less aoe attacks than it's counter class DW, but honestly is worth it. if you want PVE, just go for the majin as mentioned above.

• Dark Warrior - high pdef, high survival ability, low dmg

Shadow Knight - high energy def, medium survival ability, medium dmg

Ultimate Majin - high resistance, medium survival ability, low dmg

It is really what tanker class you want to be,

- Dark Warrior class is class that is hard to kill in general, even if you face fighter and you have high pdef gear with your def passives and buffs, his attacks will be joke for you, but on other hand to win vs other classes, that ain't humans you will need to ring out them.

About PVE, he is the best farmer out there, with right gear, you don't need majin buffs and you can farm with no need to heal EP or LP.

- Shadow Knight is class that is made to block critic based classes, while it does have most of PVP skills with right accessory you will be left alone with Stun of 3 sec cast time.

About PVE, you can farm with him but not even close as DW and he is class that is really good at tanking bosses, while DW is defensive survival tank, SK is tank that will speed up duration in dungeons and TMQ and BID's due his DOT's.

- Ultimate Majin is class that is made to block all debuffs and stuns and even is something pass his resistance wall, he can simply remove it. Mostly for PVP you will aim for interrupt their skills, ruin their combos, buff the best you can and auto attack and heal.

About PVE, he is buffer than can also tank a bit, and is really needed in all UD,TMQ and BID's and did I mention that you can farm with him? Yeah, spin for da win!

I hope this help you a bit and I salute all players who main Ultimate Majin class, I use it as buffer and in PVP when I try it, it drives me crazy, tons of skills to use and you need to use them in "right time" or you will be fk-ed!

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Seeing you play both as a Shadow Knight and Dark Warrior would you mind sharing your build that you use for your Shadow Knight. I'm thinking more about playing a Shadow Knight for PvP reasons, as my main currently is my Turtle Hermit, which is already strictly a PvE based class, and I think to have two PvE classes would be a little bit silly. Also, if you do post your build, would you mind explaining why you chose what you chose? As well as potentially making a level 45/55/60 and final build for every level cap? I'm sorry if this is asking too much of you.

• Seeing you play both as a Shadow Knight and Dark Warrior would you mind sharing your build that you use for your Shadow Knight. I'm thinking more about playing a Shadow Knight for PvP reasons, as my main currently is my Turtle Hermit, which is already strictly a PvE based class, and I think to have two PvE classes would be a little bit silly. Also, if you do post your build, would you mind explaining why you chose what you chose? As well as potentially making a level 45/55/60 and final build for every level cap? I'm sorry if this is asking too much of you.

Well the best for you is to find me on discord to explain you my builds, mostly in this cap:

1. DW is my farmer with farmer build (It is easy, it is good and epic)

2. SK is my PVP class, unless by any chance this community over nerf him then I will simply delete it and play Human Balls Online aka Fighter

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• DW - 1 con = 100/105 LP

SK - 1 con 95 LP

DW - Has 1674 more Physical defense than Shadow Knight (Dragons Champion grants 989 Physical defense and talon defense grants 685 Physical and energy defense)

SK - Has 436 more energy defense than Dark Warrior (Master Champion grants 1121 Energy defense) and 1626 more EP than Dark Warrior

DW - Has AOE DOT (Demon wave) at max lvl does 185 burn damage, and power RP increases burn damage by 615, making it a 795 Dot at max.

SK - Has the best DOT in the game (Bold Strike) does bleeding damage based on how much damage is dealt and has a very low cooldown

DW - Has the largest AOE Damaging Skill with a 25x25 AOE, (Energy Siege) has good damage and low cooldown.

SK - Has the best AOE Skill deception with a 35x35 AOE, taunts enemies and reduces energy attack by 25%.

(SKs always have a very powerful skill called self destruct wave which increases damage when critical is successful. does really good damage, but unlike it's counter energy siege it has cast time while energy siege does damage with the animation)

DW - Has a buff to increase block rate/defense rate

SK - has a buff that 100% will block all taunts/confusion/Skill locks

DW - Has an AOE defense buff that gives 1700+ e./p.defense to all party members but lasts for 20 seconds

SK - has AOE stun that does good base damage (violent slice)

Both classes can be used for the same purposes but each excelling at something.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!