The New DB hunting system is a joke

• I think it's been 3 weeks now since my first wish, the population at that time was lower at 45 and I had no problem getting all 7 in 4 hours....well actually I was sweating bullets for the last 10 min hoping I got my last one but it was possible. Now today I got 2 in 4 hours, just two many people trying at level 45 in those 4 hours.

• This is a very big truth....i will agree to you at this part: "MESSING THINGS UP FOR EVERYONE AND FOR NEW PLAYERS BY TURNING DB HUNT INTO WAR OF PLAYERS FIGHTING OVER DB"...I agree db hunt is now a war beetween players and not enjoyable at all..i have flame personally and i think if someone says that he didnt he will be a liar...its very annoying and unfair to struggle for 2 hours of the saturday which you have available in the weekend and suddenly someone comes in your monster-dball you saw first and attacking first to lay a skill from a distance and stealing your dball...This isnt considering an event..Better to remove it or fix it............................................Event should be happy for everyone..!

• There is nothing wrong with the drop rate (IMO). Rather, it's the schedule that seems quite tight, in which I'd find more reasonable to have a larger schedule. However, worry not. The schedule is very likely to get a good change that'll satisfy each & every one of you and that's all what I can attest for the moment.

Rybo,
    DBO G Team.

• Dude, the game came out like a month ago. Give the man the benefit of doubt

The game came out like almost a year ago. The only difference between pob and ob is our char getting wiped and a lot of fixes. That doesn't change the fact that daneos has been changing things we never had a problem with, which is the reason why many players are getting frustrated. We said make db hunt sundays too, he did something else. We said nerf fighter/sk, he screwed up the aggro system and DW class went down the drain.

• The game came out like almost a year ago. The only difference between pob and ob is our char getting wiped and a lot of fixes. That doesn't change the fact that daneos has been changing things we never had a problem with, and that is what is making many players like me frustrated. We said make db hunt sundays too, he did something else. We said nerf fighter/sk, he screwed up the aggro system and DW class went down the drain.

You know they just missed that it was gonna be a cluster$.... with the level cap, simple mistake an I bet they have a fix very soon with all the attention this problem is getting.

Started a thread as soon as first hunt today was over, this was my first real complaint. The only thing I have ever really suggested/complained about was Pure not having a Dash and waddling like a penguin.

The best thing to do is log a respectful complaint on a problem you see to see how many agree this is a real problem.

This is a sort of free game other then donations. Don't forget we asked and pestered for open beta an we got it, took a while but it happen. This is not a big company like EA. If you payed 60 bucks for this game like you do for big titles then I could see getting $..y with them but it's free. Also they dug this game out of the trash and turned it into what it is today.

• Honestly just make hunts appear four times a week twice Saturday and twice on a weekday that bears different timing so we can be fair to players who can’t participate on saturdays. Yes I’ll admit the hunt was a bit frustrating but fair. It could use some tweaks but it was decent

• Daneos I don't know what has gone into you but this is just ridiculous!

First, we said for you to change the db hunt to Saturday and Sunday! Not to change it into a Db farming!

Second, The 400 db drop today doesn't even compare with the total drop fromlast week!!

And Lastly! Here is a reminder to you! Dbog is not your personal bloody backyard where you can do what you want! It is a world for everyone to share and enjoy! So start making changes that meets people needs and not your own because now I think you are just being childish by not listening to anyone! And If you don't take action and make this db system fair for thousands of players then they will not play! SO START PUTTING YOUR BRAIN BACK TOGETHER AND GET SERIOUS!!! WE ARE IN OPEN BETA NOW SO STOP MESSING THINGS UP FOR EVERYONE AND FOR NEW PLAYERS BY TURNING DB HUNT INTO WAR OF PLAYERS FIGHTING OVER DB OR ELSE THERE WON'T BE A PLAYER LEFT IN DBOG THAT WILL BE EVEN BOTHER PLAYING SUCH A BROKEN GAME!!

First of all, they are still working on that, and are only trying to make people stop whining just a little while doing so. Sure, it may not be the best, but they're trying to make it for people like you, as mentioned.

Second, the drop rate can have a large range. The second hunt for me had 400~ db dropped, but the one I had recently dropped almost 650. Not to mention that the drop is only for that one channel that you are on, not the whole game.

And third, sure, Daneos and the team will have to listen to the community to help make the game better and to keep them playing, but remember that he was the guy who brought the game back for you and everyone else to play again in the first place. They care about the users and what they have to say, and just because they don't get into suggestions right away don't mean they're not listening or working on it.
    You have to remember that even though Daneos didnt own the original DBO servers, he owns the DBOG servers. He can do what he wants and needs to when it comes to updated content.

P.S. DBOG isn't all about DB hunt... People are not gonna quit just because it can be hard - hell, DBs are not even required. Everyone has the same chance, even if it is slim. It makes me laugh when I hear people say that people are gonna quit because of DB hunt, since DBOG is about a whole lot more. Only people that I could see quit because of it are try-hards or whiny kids who just want to look cool by going SSJ.

My point is, enjoy what you got, and remember that this game was brought back from the dead and they're trying their best to add/update content and listen to the community.

• First of all, they are still working on that, and are only trying to make people stop whining just a little while doing so. Sure, it may not be the best, but they're trying to make it for people like you, as mentioned.

Second, the drop rate can have a large range. The second hunt for me had 400~ db dropped, but the one I had recently dropped almost 650. Not to mention that the drop is only for that one channel that you are on, not the whole game..

I agree with everything but drop numbers, not saying the drop rate is bad but going off the numbers I have seen.

At 400 DB's per channel equals less then one per player with the last total player numbers that I have seen. Now if we didn't have people flying around stealing drops from others mobs I'm sure this number would go way up.

I think the problem other then population is knowledge, people not knowing an just flying as fast as they can to the next marker.

Had a guy that had flew in an grabbed mob markers that I had been working on for 20 min, the area I was working was maybe 300mx300m and had up to 4 markers spawn in mob. I then said leave, I have been working this area for over 20 min. Then I asked him if he knew how to farm DB mobs an he said it's not rocket science an then flew off to only return 5 min later. I said well I guess you don't.

These are the same people saying stop complaining I got 7 today an yes I could stop and just do the same, flying around stealing others work but then I would just be fueling the fire

I enjoy all other parts of this game including crafting grind but at the rate of 2 Db's per week for 4 hour's, the work for a buff is not worth the the reward right now. It's about 15 hours for one wish if I go based off last hunt.

I can grind an craft gear for my perfect stats that are permanent for the level range at the time, not 45 min with an hour cool down dragon buff.

I see they have a change coming soon for DB hunt and will spend my time doing other things until then, besides if I don't run morning DB hunt I don't have to wake up at 5:30 am on Saturday to get 1 maybe 2 dragon balls if I'm lucky.

Since I suck at making tutorials I won't make one but if someone made a new one and we made it a hot topic maybe new players or people that just never learned how can learn.

• The game came out like almost a year ago. The only difference between pob and ob is our char getting wiped and a lot of fixes. That doesn't change the fact that daneos has been changing things we never had a problem with, which is the reason why many players are getting frustrated. We said make db hunt sundays too, he did something else. We said nerf fighter/sk, he screwed up the aggro system and DW class went down the drain.

Not to forget the Crane nerfing as well.... Cranes used to be fun to play, now its a struggle to get decent exp withought dying, and a chance in pvp is nonexistant

• I agree with everything but drop numbers, not saying the drop rate is bad but going off the numbers I have seen.

At 400 DB's per channel equals less then one per player with the last total player numbers that I have seen. Now if we didn't have people flying around stealing drops from others mobs I'm sure this number would go way up.

Yeah, I should have gone more into detail with that. My point was that it's not just a fixed/exact amount of DBs dropped every time, and that the number only counts towards the channel you're on, not the whole game. (referring to original post)
    I totally agree with what you're saying though, as I have also had a hard time with people trying to steal my DBs while I had been farming for hours. Even if people were not able to steal, the drop rate can still be hard to coop with.

..Speaking of people not being able to steal, I hope the new set of DB Hunt updates will help you guys with your problems. Not only will we have more time to farm, but since the time has increased and is more spread out, there will be a lot less people to farm around.

• it would be nice to have more then one day a week to hunt dragon balls. the Taiwan version of DBO had hunting days at least 5 days a week for around 3 hours a day and it worked out just fine. they also had a notification thing at the top of the forums telling you how much time you had before the db hunt starts a few hours in advance and how long we have left to hunt while it was going on. something like that would sure help here.

• Since daneos added more dragonball hunts and changed the system around I think its safe to close this thread if you feel that this thread should be reopened feel free to contact me and ill reopen if a valid reason is given

thank you dbog community for pushing for this important change

regards boxbox

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!