Adding "Balance Moderator" on DBOG team!

• Daneos. Everyday people complain about PvP/PvE balance being broken, skills and classes being useless/OP, entire features like pets/aggro not working, etc. Yet the only time these things ever get fixed is when the entire community gets on your ass for it, and for good reason. You're busy with the game's main features, bugfixing, and being a programmer first and foremost.

Also, you have little experience with retail DBO, so attempts at balance are often extreme, and barely ever aimed at specific classes. Instead global stats are suddenly cut in half or worse, and things rarely turn out better. Hell, for some of those attempts like props/attack speed 90% of the community needed to yell at you for months on end before you gave in.

That stubborn back-and-forth.....it'll never end like this, and it's wasting your time. You have GMs with some input, but each have very conflicting opinions, and since you make the final call anyway, it just comes back to what YOU want 'til the entire community comes together in a fit of rage before you're FINALLY convinced again. For the sake of a better game and letting you focus on bug fixes/features rather than something you're not cut out for(no offense), I suggest adding a "Balance Moderator" to the DBOG team.

This single balance moderator chosen by the community to ensure experience, should be capable to look at ALL classes fairly without bias, and consider PvE+PvP.

Their job would be to communicate with the playerbase about balance, deal with any blame since they call the final shots on this now, make DBO more balanced on it's own terms, and speed up development since YOU no longer need to analyze what the community's saying and look into it. They would also document balance changes made, and optionally document changes planned so others may discuss it and give viewpoints the "BM" may not have realized beforehand. In the end, they make the final call on what's sensible and balanced, with the community's and DBOG team's perspectives as guideline.

I realize you're attached to being THE developer, but a better balance would net you more long-term players, and lessen your own workload/stress. For everyone's sake, please consider it.

• Abosutely, the thing i am still salty about still today is the unfair crane nerfs. It's like the staff team completely forgot about the existence of DOT defense gears, how its also one of their main PVE skills, and the fact that DOT defense wasn't working when they nerfed it. I believe there should be a team of unbiased players that can communicate with each other then when they all finally agree on balance that is not driven by bias or an agenda or some other nonsense they can present it to daneos and he implements it.

• Abosutely, the thing i am still salty about still today is the unfair crane nerfs. It's like the staff team completely forgot about the existence of DOT defense gears, how its also one of their main PVE skills, and the fact that DOT defense wasn't working when they nerfed it. I believe there should be a team of unbiased players that can communicate with each other then when they all finally agree on balance that is not driven by bias or an agenda or some other nonsense they can present it to daneos and he implements it.

Behavior straight up said it was done after people that were close to the staff complained about me crushing them. I'm sure its still up somewhere go look it up.

Yup man like seriously this is a game some player beats other player with a tactic , he goes to the developer and crys to nerf the tactic.

Instead of fighting the player they fight the class :rolleyes: srsly

• By the way... I still don't understand why balance going to be rework on Open Beta, not Pre Open Beta? Now everything is "real". People going to win budokai/rankeds becouse of unbalance classes. Which game got so broken class balance and trying to repair it on official launch? (Open beta could be count as official, becouse no more wipes). Why devs couldn't give most experienced players on Pre Open Beta a good gear and let them fight and wait for their opinions? With future level caps like 60 or 70 we'll get class balance with every update, and people going to be angry becouse something is much better or much worse.

• Well this wouldn't be problem if moderators who are accepted are accepted because they care and do stuff for community and game, than some "ghost" people that got accepted and their existence in game or on forum is non existent.

But if this needs to exist then I think it should be working on balance from cap 60 - 70, since this client is based on cap 70.

In this team should be the people who really know what should be done with classes that played from KR, including myself, but then again there are people with really good knowledge about game and class balance, from Temudjin from Paradise, Sendoku, Sirab (if he would stop nerfing everything before it is tested before hand then adjust skills), and many more, it would take too much time to name them all.

Sometime I disagree with them in minor things but mostly they are really good people with knowledge but since I doubt this would happen, what ever.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• My boi icedude setting things right.

the guys you named would be perfect to get the balance rolling i would only add 1 more person to the list Syren cause that guy level almost all classes to 70 and has pvp with all.

but yea sadly i doubt this would happen either.

Sirab is probably the most hated forum user in the teams eyes.

Sendoku is probably viewed as egotistical in the teams eyes (even thou he can back all his talk up)

only Syren and Temujin would probably be takened if they even considered it.

• I personally like the fact,that people doesnt recognize the new mods,that means the feelings for them should be neutral,also for being accepted,they had the proper recommendations.

Doesnt matter who will be the person or the team from community,as the common reason for that will be to represent the community,if he or they speak their own words,we havent done anything,i would rather see the people you mentioned and yourself being here giving coordinates to that person,that person or team,should be neutral and using common sense,i hope you get what i mean...

• Finding this rather interesting. Both the debate & the idea in general. In which I myself as part of the team can't come to any disapproval with the fact that there would be a need of a balancing supervisor & also, the consequences of not having one are pretty much what's going on with the PvP zone in DBOG (what for an undeniable fact for hardcore PVPers lel). However, the nominees are quite debatable it seems since most of them tend to be quite fanatic for their perspectives/class(es) most of the times. All in all, kudos to thread's OP for the brilliant concept.

Rybo,
    DBO G Team.

• It's nothing against Daneos, so don't make this a flame thread, but he's just not cut out for the whole balancing thing. I've been waiting for this elusive "balance stage" Iceman 's been hinting at during PoB, but here we are in the real game and Daneos is still working on revamping dragonball hunts, tokens, Budokais, etc while the balance is in shambles. The guy has no ability nor time to balance. It doesn't matter how many moderators he has giving input, so long as he gets the final call on balance, we won't be getting it at all.

Nerf the sk (Remove the axe) and all fine

If a BM's smart enough to consider everyone's arguments, and knows to ignore suggestions like this, we'd be golden.(Remove the entire axe....lmao)

However, the nominees are quite debatable it seems since most of them tend to be quite fanatic for their perspectives/class(es) most of the times. All in all, kudos to thread's OP for the brilliant concept.

Why not start up a thread where nominees can post their vision for the balance and summarize what they'd do for each class? Then people will have an idea of what's coming before voting. I feel like some people will be too ambitious and try to transform the entire game, while others are just gonna nerf SK and call it a day as if that's our biggest issue. There's no way to know for sure other than hearing them out ourselves.

• It's nothing against Daneos, so don't make this a flame thread, but he's just not cut out for the whole balancing thing. I've been waiting for this elusive "balance stage" Iceman 's been hinting at during PoB, but here we are in the real game and Daneos is still working on revamping dragonball hunts, tokens, Budokais, etc while the balance is in shambles. The guy has no ability nor time to balance. It doesn't matter how many moderators he has giving input, so long as he gets the final call on balance, we won't be getting it at all.

If a BM's smart enough to consider everyone's arguments, and knows to ignore suggestions like this, we'd be golden.(Remove the entire axe....lmao)

Why not start up a thread where nominees can post their vision for the balance and summarize what they'd do for each class? Then people will have an idea of what's coming before voting. I feel like some people will be too ambitious and try to transform the entire game, while others are just gonna nerf SK and call it a day as if that's our biggest issue. There's no way to know for sure other than hearing them out ourselves.

The part on SK is true, everyone say nerf SK when i think they're fine since i crush them; yet i can't deny that life drain is just too big of an issue since it's physical atk

• I play since TW was released, I have a lot of experience in this game, specially with fighter, but everytime I say this class needs a buff or something, every moderador says the class is "fine", so they hear just what they want and change just what they want.

PS: Fighter need a buff of dexterity(be good like was in the early TW's time), A fighter can't win a SK not even with the best gear and build, they have a buff of avoid criticals, also.

I agree, we need something or someone to make the calls about balance.

• I play since TW was released, I have a lot of experience in this game, specially with fighter, but everytime I say this class needs a buff or something, every moderador says the class is "fine", so they hear just what they want and change just what they want.

PS: Fighter need a buff of dexterity(be good like was in the early TW's time), A fighter can't win a SK not even with the best gear and build, they have a buff of avoid criticals, also.

I agree, we need something or someone to make the calls about balance.

fighter killing most of classes for 1 hit, he have hardcore dodge and you want boost it
    tenor.gif

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!