How DBOG Can become a better game for Eveyone

• I really could care less about Spirit drain, I just noticed how many people are asking for it too be good again, me personally im not a fan of oppressive strategies that require a single button and that prohibit you from playing DBO. The cooldown could be higher though i agree. Originally I was just going to ignore this skill entirely.

I don't think it's the same as "no-more-DBO-4-you" strats. It pressures you to think on how to use your skills in a different way, and even if you run out, you have EP pots which can you time to use immediately or right after the buff runs out, senzu beans, and EP autopots. I actually find it quite fun.

For those curious on what exactly Passive blocking is take a look at this video and pay attention to his animations. ( Credit to @turellsolution )

https://youtu.be/U-EYX5Bx_-g?t=152

Nice, you actually found footage of it! There's the blocking of knockdowns as well, which sends your char sliding backwards in a guarding animation. That said...I swear both of these things were only in pre-lvl55 DBO and were just removed for some reason later. It's been a long time, though.

Well you're right it would need a ton of testing. I suppose the damage value for the Semi dps classes could be increased to 2.5 or something so they can also use those stats as well. I'm just tired of everyone running the same gear setup all the time, with this change I hope it would create more diversity in armour and weapon choices.

Each class gets different amounts of base STR/SOL. They also have different passives and skills that give specific numbers of STR/SOL, designed around the current numbers. But what we want is STR/SOL equipment being more useful. Yet it's impossible to do that equally for all classes. While 50+ SOUL on 1 equipment piece is neat for a Dende/SK, it's still rather garbage for a Turtle/Poko. We'd need to redesign EVERYTHING around these changes, that's the big issue. We'd be hypocrites to suddenly double, triple or half the amount people get just 'cause we feel like it. We'd be no better than Daneos.

Chef is without a doubt the worst class in the game, these buffs are fine. the values would just need testing that all, and then if they are too high you can simply adjust. Choosing which buffer you want in PVE should be like choosing which tank you want. If you want to be more safe you bring a DW and Ultimate, if you want to Do more damage you would bring an SK and Chef, but thats simply not the case currently.

They're definitely not great, though they're also underplayed. I believe Chefs have quite a few appliances even now. We just need to weed out their issues 1 by 1 until players feel they're good enough. If we suddenly make a class OP with a dozen huge buffs and then have to nerf them, players will feel cheated. Both the ones having to face the suddenly OP class, and then the ones getting their class nerfed. People NEVER take nerfs well. So I think it's better to slowly work our way up rather than have to go down.

• Pretty much agree with all those points. I'll adjust values when I feel I've gotten a ton of good feedback from the community,

I wont do it right now because I don't want to look like a POS. And for STR/SOL i'd be cool with those being good for the Human classes and Semi DPS classes, so they have an easier time taking down Tanks and buffers, but Yeah I can agree and admit it would take eons of balancing to get right.

Yeah I get what you're saying with spirit drain, I just hate this skill hella because of my PTSD from 60 cap with my SM, but I guess I should realise I was a scrub back then.

And Yeah I admit and agree that I jumped the gun with chef I'm just frustrated on how pretty much if you want to play a tubby class you go ultimate so forgive me.

• Dragon Gods Fury & Dragon Gods Rage

I'd like to touch on the Poko Priest bit with regard to the pets;

In most games where you have a pet class centered around one or only a few pets (In contrast to zerg style pet classes like Mastermind from the now defunct City of Villains), you basically have a few options.

You can either give the player the ability to micromanage the pet with precision, or give it enough autonomy to where they don't have to worry about it.

I'd rather have the option for both, because I see issues arising with these suggested changes.

For a micromanaging style pet class to work, you need to have a responsive enough AI and server for players to maximize their potential. From what I've seen playing as a Poko Priest so far, I don't think this game or its AI are responsive enough to justify a micromanaging based system.

I would personally appreciate a more hands off style of play similar to the one that DBO's engine attempts now, though it falls a little short at times.

It's currently more or less of a toss up as to whether or not the AI is going to work properly. Sometimes the Dragons will attack the target you attack automatically. Sometimes when you engage a mob they won't start an attack until it's already nearly dead. I think if the option to manually control pets is going to be added, it should be optional. And the current AI should be more prompt about starting attacks on the things you're also attacking.

Maybe this is just me, but I also see them sometimes just start running away from me. Usually after flying and landing after some distance, they'll just start running away, despawn, and then respawn right next to me. They'll repeat the process until I desummon them manually through the pet bar.

Edit

Also, I think the Tank pet should be adjusted to generate better hate, and be given an AOE hate generating ability. It's currently very difficult to use in mob situations. This would make it less niche and much more valuable in the overworld and solo content, which is where it's going to be primarily used.

• Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I kinda get where you are coming from. I played a ton of Warcraft III back in the day with my brother, and I would also love to be able to micro manage the dragons. Sadly like you said I doubt it could be implemented in the game, only Daneos knows.

And yeah I think that might be a bug where they wander off on their own, it happened to me while I was playing on my friends Poko a few times in POB.

• That bug is irrelevant, do I need to remind you even after immortal bug was fixed, people paid large amounts of zenni to be carried through it?

¨irrelevant¨ Pls after bug got fix people don't carry low lvl chars to floor 150 you should know better yourself if you even did reach there..

you need dmg on your side..

doing it for zeni makes 0 sense after all zeni is easy to make in tw days and the only thing people would do f150 for is cash shop items or irl money or whatever back in tw days not zeni smh

for those who had hard time getting zeni in tw let me tell you one thing never give up on pve farming farm soo much you can sell any drop make money easy like that even do all tmq's ud's bid's run just to sell the good drop or even the bad drop

• But SK's and DW have insane defence, where as humans have the lowest defence. All this does is increase an SK's already God tier bulk into a level of complete and utter brokeness that I just couldn't imagine.

What this idea does, is buff SK and Majins more than Humans.

• Well Divines Focus was high, But I was full resist. And if i choose to invest fully in a stat and that stat has no effect, the stat is underpowered.

He was actualy stacking con in an attempt to tank a needle from me, as I had beaten him 2-0 myself in Ranked earlier that week, and he knew I would likely favour crit rate over % gloves.

Want to know what really hurt about that fight though? he resisted my quick attacks both in round 1 and 3. 100% resistance against me. #joke.

Also never played POB, so I am referring to +12 ticked axes that where common place in taiwan.

• what will happen with remouving the stack of the poko speed buff and karma speed buff ?

1-Speed will gonna bee usless stats , same as the soul , eng , str ....ect

2- Daneos wiill need to literaly Make the drop rate of good items at dungeons x10 ( it will beee way more longer )

3- we will have classe restriction ! RIP karma / poko in the new " CRIT team meta " and welcome full humain team meta ( pleas don't tell mee that the pets will take as much as tank or deal damage as much as humain , and don't tell mee focus karma buff and Hesitation will make him godlike in PVE -_-

4- let's make somthing clear for once , having crit meta won't change any thing to the fact that pve at this game is kinda Easy , with all honnesty Spaming "A"Z"E"R" ( where i put my main skills ) is diffecult

Nerfing the speed one more time will diffently kill this game , many peopole will leave soo i don't know if it's a great idea ?

• 1. Speed is still a viable form of DPS but for those classes alone, speed is still viable for pvp so there's that.

2. already said that he would have to so yes.

3.Class Restriction would not be as horrible as it is now, players who would have prejudice against Karma just have bad game knowledge, and Poko is meant to be a summoner like I stated, His summons should be extremely powerful, so yeah they should be able to tank and deal good DPS. Karma and Poko are already good classes in 1v1 pvp as well, so they wont have 0 purpose in DBO unlike how chef basically does, and how plasmas might as well not play DBO unless its sunday for 5v5 and dojo.

4. Its true, and the only way he could make PVE super challenging besides just buffing the boss and mobs is by nerfing crit damage or capping % crit as i suggested. People that would quit DBO because of speed only really tells me that those people don't want a challenge or even the possibility of one. If people want to play easy mode mobile gaming for their end game PVE go ahead, this game will still look like a joke to everyone else.

• If attack speed % is just to make things go faster, then by that logic all the equips max stat should be available at every dungeon entrance, that would make things go even faster.

And btw, there was an old thread on dbocom of a team finishing CCBD 150, without speed% and yes the team was well experienced. It didn't just "take longer", they used stradegy, and they studied all the floors.

• If attack speed % is just to make things go faster, then by that logic all the equips max stat should be available at every dungeon entrance, that would make things go even faster.

And btw, there was an old thread on dbocom of a team finishing CCBD 150, without speed% and yes the team was well experienced. It didn't just "take longer", they used stradegy, and they studied all the floors.

Hi , the team that finished CC with SM without Speed were Obviously the top 10 casher's of the game and most of them had +15 ticket ...so for a free to play guy getting the cc150 aura this will take an etternity ..

• Hi , the team that finished CC with SM without Speed were Obviously the top 10 casher's of the game and most of them had +15 ticket ...so for a free to play guy getting the cc150 aura this will take an etternity ..

Yes I know almost everyone in HK was a heavy casher and abused ticket bug, but still its not impossible without speed all it just requires a coordinated party. All Daneos needs to simply do is create a Higher cc floor ticket and problem solved.

• 1. Speed is still a viable form of DPS but for those classes alone, speed is still viable for pvp so there's that.

2. already said that he would have to so yes.

3.Class Restriction would not be as horrible as it is now, players who would have prejudice against Karma just have bad game knowledge, and Poko is meant to be a summoner like I stated, His summons should be extremely powerful, so yeah they should be able to tank and deal good DPS. Karma and Poko are already good classes in 1v1 pvp as well, so they wont have 0 purpose in DBO unlike how chef basically does, and how plasmas might as well not play DBO unless its sunday for 5v5 and dojo.

4. Its true, and the only way he could make PVE super challenging besides just buffing the boss and mobs is by nerfing crit damage or capping % crit as i suggested. People that would quit DBO because of speed only really tells me that those people don't want a challenge or even the possibility of one. If people want to play easy mode mobile gaming for their end game PVE go ahead, this game will still look like a joke to everyone else.

who would play speed mode if he can't cap him self ? maybe Fighter's but no one else will ...

then i like the Joke of the poko " karma and poko are already good pvp 1v1 classes" lmao !! "

For the classe restriction it's in bouth pvp and pve , in pve at lvl 70 cap humans are usless in speed party " they can play a criit party if they wich too"^^

in pve Poko is more then usless same for the DW and obviously the grand Chef ^^

for mee it's normal that their pve and pvp classe's i really don't mind that , but i want to know if you do or not ?

• Forget about changing attack speed.

As I have said earlier, people will just move onto the next best tactic, which involves high ranged aoe dps.

Trust me unless you know people and have God tier gear, or you pay a party capable of 4 manning it, which will be insanely hard with out attack speed, nothing you can change in this current game is going to make people consider taking your swordsman or chef or fighter or crane with them, nothing.

It is 100% impossible to balance PVE on this game due to the design. You would have to introduce brand new content which is actually balance able or completely redesign the current game.

BUT

Do you really want to limit the amount of parties able to do cell, kraken and CC?

I have seen CC done with out attack speed, but let me tell you, it was a PRO party that did it, and i mean pro to the max in pve terms at least.

We have so many people complaining about cashers (The guys who support this server making it possible for f2p to actually play). When you limit the amount of parties able to do cell and kraken, there is going to be less legendary accessories available, driving the price up to levels that only us "dirty" cashers could even come close to being able to buy.

In addition, your going to have less parties to take you through cc, and seeing as you usually have to pay to go through cc with an undesirable class to get the title, then is a lack of competition something you want?

In addition, your going to ruin one of the few tools a fighter actually has, and it's not too overpowered on a fighter. Thunder has high cooldown, and is only useful while your opponent is stunned in PVP. They run away after the stun wears off, and your unable to use quick attack in thunder.

So you may argue humans are to squishy to tank thunder during a stun? Try using paralysis duration reduction gear, like I have to use bleed duration reduction against an SK for example. Problem 100% solved.

One of the things that will see this server die, is people ruining the game that everybody loved.

• But SK's and DW have insane defence, where as humans have the lowest defence. All this does is increase an SK's already God tier bulk into a level of complete and utter brokeness that I just couldn't imagine.

What this idea does, is buff SK and Majins more than Humans.

Im sorry bro I completly forgot 1 thing to share whit everyone.

Before the double the CON thing

There is a super mega importaat thing to do first.

WE must Balance FOC/DEX.

AS this moment 1 FOC = 10 Hit rate, and 1 DEX= 5 Dodge rate.

The problem here is that FOC/DEX are antonyms, they supose to repele each other,

meaning that they must give the same amount.

So the change must be:

1 FOC= 10 Hit rate / 1 DEX = 10 Dodge rate.

or

1 FOC = 5 Hit rate / 1 DEX = 5 Dodge rate.

Either one is fine but keep playing whit the currenct unbalance.

its just ddump.

Afeter that change we can do DOuble CON.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!