Mod Request: Pets

• Hi guys.

I love the modding work you lot do, and I hope it can all become implemented in the core game as additional available cosmetic features, new dogis, accessories, character customization options etc!

Before I post screenshots of what I would like to humbly ask of you, I simply wanted to know, if it is even possible to mod the skins of Pets?

Keep up the awesome work you guys do!

• I appreciate it, thank you!

As soon as I am home, I will quickly draw the suggestion for a Plant lvl 4 pet skin I had in mind, as well as posting some google photos of what I would like it to look like, in terms of colors etc.

Do you mean pics in the game folders, or screenshots of the actual pet in-game? If both, I will post those as well of course :)

• Okay, I went a bit overhead and quickly made this sketch of my idea :-p

- Basically, I would like the color scheme of my Namekian character, as being the one on the pet also. I would like the pet to still look like a plant (with those petal'y patterns), but closer resembling the playable character I have.
    - I tried to drag the eyes of my character onto the pet, but that didn't turn out so well. I would like to have the same eyes as on my character, on the pet too.

- I quickly drew the nostrils and the mouth. Nostrils I kinda like just like that, but I would like to have sort of a kitten-like ':3' mouth, but with tiny fangs.

- The tail, I copied a picture of a famous MTG card; Black Lotus. I would love to have the pet's tail recolored in those dark (black and dark purple) colors.

I hope this is something you or anyone else will do for me, and thanks in advance!

• Just whenever you got the time and such, no rush :)
    Actually, I rethought the mouth a bit. I was thinking that a cute cat mouth probably wouldn't fit the rest; so a google photo search revealed this awesome piece of art:

Can't wait to see what you come up with, when you're done with it. And remember, no hurry!

Can you actually somehow script events for pets? In example: would there be a way to make the actual pet change colors into the shade scheme of the Kaioken form? I know that animation and sculpting etc. aren't an option right now, but perhaps this?

• Hehe nah you got my curiosity running wild, so I finished it.

Hm nah, idk if the others can, for my part, before modding dbo textures I didn't even had 10mins experience of paint.net and photoshop.

Scripts, Events, Models I have no skill at all^^

If it is possible, i guess there would have been some mods making the normal kaioken darker or the ssj yellow to another ssj color, but idk, just assuming

Here's your pet.

Please post a screenshot after you installed it and make sure to backup your .pak files before.

cfddc9ee30bfdd409af4062a86279eaf.png

Download

• Hi oEffy. Sorry for the late response!

Wauw! That does look really awesome, and just as I had hoped :-D

Are you serious? You didn't have any experience prior to starting here with DBO modding? It looks to me like you've been doing this stuff for a long time, so kudos to you!
    I can't wait to check this little grim guy out in-game. Just, where exactly do you find the place to put in this file?

• Hi oEffy

I'm really sorry I've been so long to reply back and to add the mod you have made for me! My gosh I LOVE it! 'Grim Lil' Saiba I call it' xD

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1241/

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1239/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1240/

It's just as I had envisioned it. Thank you very much for your work and awesome result! :-):thumbup:

P.s. I hope the pictures are fine, for if you wanted to add them to your growing mod works collection.

• Thanks^^ Your idea was awesome and fun to make, glad the product turned out well.

Yeah, I got 1-2 Ideas for the other pets, when I release them, I will add this one with your picture too^^

• A great artisan deserves praise, so you are more than welcome! :)

Is one of your ideas perhaps either of the two dragon pets? Going to be interesting to see what you have in store for us all :D

It is my hope that Daneos will recruit and create a designated design team, if there is a way to implement mods and such into the core game. I think that you, Haricotto and Brad would be the ideal candidates for such a team, with each of your individual skills and touches.

Do you also plan to try and create all new and original DBO character models, npcs and the likes? I know you said that you didn't have any experience with modding and re-skinning prior do DBO, but with your great work, you seem like a fast and skilled learner. It is people like you, the two other great modders I mentioned (and perhaps even more in this community) that could be the spearhead for all new stuff to be added to this game.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!