Drops in TMQs and UDs

• The good gear drop is pure luck. You can drop amazing items in 3 consecutive runs, which has happened a lot or just drop crappy items that of course, will happen way more often. Imagine the drop is like crafting, the stats are random once it spawns and only really few will have something good.

- Santo, DBOG Team

It really wasnt that hard in Retail dbo to drop a good item . It is in this version . i wonder why

• To be honest, DBO has always been like this , remember in retail we had silver boxes. I think I went in there like once got my items and silver boxed away for my end game gear. People are selling 19 con for over 30m , you can buy 60 boxes for that amount. Heck , you could luck out and make 2 or 3 19 con with that amount or none, but the thing is, it takes less effort and time to grind those 30 millions than it takes to do 60 TMQ runs.

I feel like each boss should actually drop 3 or 2 pieces of loot instead of one.

• To be honest, DBO has always been like this , remember in retail we had silver boxes. I think I went in there like once got my items and silver boxed away for my end game gear. People are selling 19 con for over 30m , you can buy 60 boxes for that amount. Heck , you could luck out and make 2 or 3 19 con with that amount or none, but the thing is, it takes less effort and time to grind those 30 millions than it takes to do 60 TMQ runs.

I feel like each boss should actually drop 3 or 2 pieces of loot instead of one.

I know it's easier to just box stuff but I was just against it because it's more of a gamble to get it. Ofc you can luck out like ya said, guess I'll just have to box then instead of wasting time in them. Also, I do agree that bosses should drop more loot.

• I know it's easier to just box stuff but I was just against it because it's more of a gamble to get it. Ofc you can luck out like ya said, guess I'll just have to box then instead of wasting time in them. Also, I do agree that bosses should drop more loot.

Pretty much, you get in there in a group of 5 players to get 3 pieces of loot. You get less loot than the amount of players doing this thing. Sure you can repeat the dungeons many times over like you can't in other mmos but they don't have brown boxes there do they? Also the stats are normalized, they are random here. So yeah, each player should get at least 1.8 pieces of gear , meaning if the dungeon has 3 bosses, they should each drop 3 pieces of gear.

• Pretty much, you get in there in a group of 5 players to get 3 pieces of loot. You get less loot than the amount of players doing this thing. Sure you can repeat the dungeons many times over like you can't in other mmos but they don't have brown boxes there do they? Also the stats are normalized, they are random here. So yeah, each player should get at least 1.8 pieces of gear , meaning if the dungeon has 3 bosses, they should each drop 3 pieces of gear.

Yeah doesn't make much sense, well at least it's better than some other mmos where you get 1 drop lol. I wouldn't mind repeating dungeons if I had a good party at least but it is time consuming, boxes fixes that I suppose. Definitely have to fix the stats tho for the non cashers. I wonder why they don't add silver boxes in here, maybe less cash coming their way. Also why don't chests drop anymore? I see no reason why they were taken out.

I dropped rare props in UD2 on my tank, but bad stats, I don't think It would be worth it to box it, since it's binded.

Guess I'll have to try there as well .________________., need a party tho.

• Yeah doesn't make much sense, well at least it's better than some other mmos where you get 1 drop lol. I wouldn't mind repeating dungeons if I had a good party at least but it is time consuming, boxes fixes that I suppose. Definitely have to fix the stats tho for the non cashers. I wonder why they don't add silver boxes in here, maybe less cash coming their way. Also why don't chests drop anymore? I see no reason why they were taken out.

Guess I'll have to try there as well .________________., need a party tho.

well that's the thing, those mmos where you drop one item and sometimes you get none , you have to remember that once you get the item that's it. It's not some random item with different stats. And even for those mmos there's at least 1 piece of loot for each member of the party. Like current content you each TMQ nets you 0.6 loot on average, say it takes you 30 minutes each run and that you'd have to do 100 runs to compare it to using 60 boxes ( or getting 30m for a garanteed piece of 19 con) , then we are talking about a 5 hours time dump spamming TMQs with your group non-stop. And it gets worse for UDs as those are longer. 100 runs to get 60 random itens is not reasonable by any means.

• well that's the thing, those mmos where you drop one item and sometimes you get none , you have to remember that once you get the item that's it. It's not some random item with different stats. And even for those mmos there's at least 1 piece of loot for each member of the party. Like current content you each TMQ nets you 0.6 loot on average, say it takes you 30 minutes each run and that you'd have to do 100 runs to compare it to using 60 boxes ( or getting 30m for a garanteed piece of 19 con) , then we are talking about a 5 hours time dump spamming TMQs with your group non-stop. And it gets worse for UDs as those are longer. 100 runs to get 60 random itens is not reasonable by any means.

Alright then guess I'll just box my sh*t until they fix the stats on drops. It shouldn't be random, they should correspond to the stats needed for that race/class, boxing shouldn't be the only way to obtain good stats. They need to make it actually worth it doing dungeons, grinding dungeons all day for the possibility to get the stats you want isn't all too fun. Especially since it is random rn. For example, a game called BnS may give you one drop but it's the drop that everyone is doing the dungeon or fighting the boss for. It may have a bad drop rate but it's guaranteed once you get it, It actually makes the runs worth it, you don't have to gamble.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!