Future of DBOG

• Hi everyone.

This thread will be simple. Do you guys think that Daneos can and will implement all new and ground-breaking stuff to DBOG?

[Disclaimer]: No, it is not my intention to point fingers. No, I am not intentionally nor directly trying to state anything. Yes, there might be similar threads to this. Yes, I haven't been playing POB at all, and thus haven't really followed the various changes closely.

But from what I have experienced, seen and so forth, the direction is--frankly speaking--of minimal effort for maximum gains; and heavily aimed at the cashers and p2w people in this community..
    From what I have seen so far, not any really and truly exciting implementations, tweaks, balancing and the like has been added at all. What I have seen however, is changes that, again, contribute to the real life money payment.

Bottom of line is, that as Daneos is the one single person on the development side, I would assume that all the payments flowing through this ''donation'' system goes almost uncut down his pockets. I am just concerned that it is a cow milking project, but I honestly hope (and think) that it isn't. What is your thought? :-)

P.S. keep the provokation, bashing and flaming out of this thread, thanks!

• maybe at this point it is a cow milking project but it is the begin you can´t say that atm i think so every private server has a Donation system to get Ingame points but you get for staying online minutes a day 10 Cash points for free or so at other games. or you can invite friends and when your friend reach a lv like lv 30-50 and 24hour online this account you can earn 1k-2k Cashpoints at other games based on the cash prices, i think Daneos should to implement a system who gives you cash points for login time everyday a cap of 10 or so if you play active you can buy stuff from it in months or so.^^

• Hi GodOfDestruction, and thank you for your comment!

I agree with most of what you said, but I still feel like that with, what, 4 years of working time on this project, and this full month of open beta time, at least one major update would have been added by now. I guess everything has a start, yes, but I honestly see it as we're way past that at this point. I suppose we can only hope that more and better updates roll out.. I am skeptical, though.

This all wouldn't be so bad, if we could at least get some info on what Daneos is currently working on, a roadmap or just something. What we get (from what I see) is little-to-no updates, dead silence and a ever-flow of p2w features and fixes..
    I state my view (until shown otherwise), that Daneos gets hundreds of dollars almost uncut down his pockets from this private server each month, and I still ask the question: what have we got to see for it?

• Hi GodOfDestruction, and thank you for your comment!

I agree with most of what you said, but I still feel like that with, what, 4 years of working time on this project, and this full month of open beta time, at least one major update would have been added by now. I guess everything has a start, yes, but I honestly see it as we're way past that at this point. I suppose we can only hope that more and better updates roll out.. I am skeptical, though.

This all wouldn't be so bad, if we could at least get some info on what Daneos is currently working on, a roadmap or just something. What we get (from what I see) is little-to-no updates, dead silence and a ever-flow of p2w features and fixes..
    I state my view (until shown otherwise), that Daneos gets hundreds of dollars almost uncut down his pockets from this private server each month, and I still ask the question: what have we got to see for it?

I feel as though this topic needs to be talked upon more. The amount of comments is lackluster.

• Yeah.

Just a simple ''Hi, I am currently working at [this] and [that]'' would go a long way. One would think that with all the money flowing through this project, a whole team of more than one person would be working hard on fixing all the game breaking bugs, or implementing the stuff hundreds of people have been wanting for years, or making the balancing that is long overdue.

But nope I guess.

/#Sad?Face

• I could personally say that these updates and long awaited DevBlogs could be helpful in a sense of telling us a future major update that will affect the game in a nice proposing way and I also believe if daneos had a couple of good coders other than himself that could handle a few updates or divide the work evenly enough updates would be more of a weekly thing or have some more people from the community of DBOG who are obviously experienced like some of our modders out there to step up if they please and make this game better than It already Is I honestly believe that with per say 4 more people stepped up Daneos could divvy up the work they'd come together and make it a reality Danoes proof checks the system and makes sure everything runs right and boom there we have it we have a full team of people that are capable of setting up the updates and so on making DBOG skyrocket in advances nd the happier people are with cash shop items the more payout there will be obviously and that's a fact.

• Well this project is made by Daneos.

Sure he is taking donations, paying server, paying website but you guys forget one thing.

If there are more devs, than Daneos , there would be greed and tons of private servers and this small, fk-ed up community would fall a part.

Only what keeps this project going on, are us DBO Veterans that played this game and kinda helping this game/project going on.

What you guys suggesting is simply done with promoting CM, Community Manager that would be voice in Staff Team.

He would lead record of updates, listed stuffs that community wants and inform community , is Daneos working on it now, if not, community would react until Daneos add it in his list.

Right now, how much I saw from time I was part of DBOG Staff, Daneos is like robot, he won't change his own list, until there is big discussion or community demanding topic on forum, then he will add it in his list.

Even tho there are donations that going to him, he is doing this project really good, I mean game is going on, most of things works, while all other wannabe projects are shut down.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Your absolutely right about that but if Daneos has close trusted friends that he can rely on for this sort of thing then he should use that opportunity to advance the game shouldn't he>>?

• Your absolutely right about that but if Daneos has close trusted friends that he can rely on for this sort of thing then he should use that opportunity to advance the game shouldn't he>>?

You forgot that he already done that, he introduce us with Mateo who is inactive due real life, I guess.

It is really hard to add more people in team, that would simply because of greed, start own project and divide, destroy what we have left of community.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• just a doubt, there will be a final version after "open beta?" and is it possible to add new content, like dogis, quests, items (in future)?

Dogi's yes i can't speak for quests, items. I linked a video where mateo found hidden dogi's (frieza dogi xD). But we 'might' have a possibility for new maps like kami's lookout, fortune teller baba's area,

• I would love new content myself but I don't think that's a priority right now, we still have crucial bugs to fix and classes to balance (according to retail), we should work with what we currently have on our plate. However I agree that some transparency on what's being done and whats planned for the future of the server would keep players at ease (just no false promises plis).

I am in no position to demand anything other than fixes and maintenance, and if I donate it is just so I can eventually get the closest experience possible to retail. In the end donating doesn't make us customers, it makes us financial supporters. Hopefully the administration would consider investing their earnings into a solid developing team that would later on be assigned to the very different sections of the game.

Lastly I don't believe this is "aiming for the cashers", trust me I have played real P2W games where the gap between cashers and non-cashers was colossal, and this game is far from one of them. But I can safely say that the economy of the game needs work:

- Most of Cash Items shouldn't even be tradeable, this is giving Cashers the upper hand on the market and its functioning as a Cash-to-Zeni exchange service.
    - All the items in the Cash Shop should be obtainable by non-cashers, I don't care if you make them kill 100 world bosses for a Kid Clock or complete 50 CCs for a z32 bag (I am exaggerating btw) but at least they know it IS there and it can be obtained without having to fully depend on Cash Shop users.

PS: The other day I ran up to this guy who straight up told me that he doesn't need to learn crafting because he gets all the zeni he needs by selling Cash Shop items, and if we are aiming for a healthy economy, that shouldn't be happening.

• Dogi's yes i can't speak for quests, items. I linked a video where mateo found hidden dogi's (frieza dogi xD). But we 'might' have a possibility for new maps like kami's lookout, fortune teller baba's area,

Fortune Teller Baba area is on (probably next) map on desert under Dark Namek. And Kami lookout is DWC map, that never was released. Probably DWC is something like one-person CC or something smilar to TLQ.

• Thanks for all the comments!

Getting a bit off-topic though, so let's get it back on track, shall we? ;)

First, I wanna state that I love everything Dragon Ball; and I truly enjoy and like to play this game a lot! If I didn't, I wouldn't even want to bother coming back after KR got shut down. With that out of the way:

I am simply concerned for the lifespan of this project, and indeed us, the players.. Can we not agree, that certain and many fixes, balancing and other important stuff is long overdue now? Promises that was made in the infant stages of this project years ago, which has yet to see the day of light?

It really troubles me still, that Daneos (although really awesome that he has revived this game!) chooses to still be a one-man ''development'' team; and a quite silent, stubborn and one that mainly chooses to fix, tweak and change things from his own personal list..
    To me, it just seems that he might intentionally choose to stay just him on the ''development'' side, and perhaps not fix or implement stuff as fast as we'd all like (and indeed perhaps even as fast as he could), for the sake of monetarily profiting even further from this project -- Just a slight example of how I see this: the outcry over the stupid brown boxes; would it not benefit most if not all players, if they were distributed much more openly, and from various ways, such as simple (although rare) mob drops? For me, the answer is a sounding YES! - on the opposite side of the spectrum, would it benefit Daneos' bottomless pockets, if the lame brown boxes was a guaranteed reward from even minimal cashing on the wagu machine, or if wagu cashing was not the sole and only (other than the insanely limited World Boss event box ''farming'' method) way to acquire (arguably, and sadly) the most important item in the entire game? Well, no, I'd say! This exact method of monetarily profiting through minimal effort is a nice marketing trick, sure, but if the ''development'' and updates of DBOG aren't at all progressing, or simply progressing with baby steps, then I see it as a cow milking project, and might just not survive, which is quite sad!

---

And yes, I know that server and website domain fees have to be paid, but truly, it cannot cost as much as this project is generating even on a daily basis, and especially not considering (I still strongly suspect and assume) every single dollar goes down into one person's pockets. Not to even mention, that there is no plans yet to even actually develop anything original and new to the game, which would be the one an true ''costly'' affair.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!